NY-19-Siena: Teachout and Faso ahead
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 19, 2024, 11:29:55 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Congressional Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  NY-19-Siena: Teachout and Faso ahead
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: NY-19-Siena: Teachout and Faso ahead  (Read 1696 times)
Ebsy
Junior Chimp
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: June 28, 2016, 12:42:03 AM »

https://www.siena.edu/assets/files/news/CD_19_June_2016_Primary_Poll_Release_2_23954_FINAL.pdf

Democratic Primary:
Teachout: 62
Yandik: 23

GOP Primary:
Faso: 58
Heaney: 28
Sprouts Farmers Market ✘
Sprouts
Atlas Icon
Italy

Political Matrix
E: -4.90, S: 1.74

« Reply #1 on: June 28, 2016, 11:31:03 AM »

She's back, baby!
Attorney General, LGC Speaker, and Former PPT Dwarven Dragon
Dwarven Dragon
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -1.42, S: -0.52

P P P

« Reply #2 on: June 28, 2016, 12:07:00 PM »

This will be fun to laugh at after tonight. Teachout can win, but not by 41 points.
Eraserhead
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #3 on: June 28, 2016, 02:12:42 PM »

This will be fun to laugh at after tonight. Teachout can win, but not by 41 points.

It's a good thing she's only leading by 39 then. Tongue
publicunofficial
angryGreatness
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #4 on: June 28, 2016, 08:57:24 PM »

Do you ever tire of being wrong?
Eraserhead
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #5 on: June 28, 2016, 10:57:39 PM »

Well, technically he was right. She actually won by 42 points!

Seriously, this was a really good poll though.
Gass3268
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #6 on: June 29, 2016, 10:04:45 AM »

Lol
Bojack Horseman
Wolverine22
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #7 on: June 29, 2016, 11:03:20 PM »

Not sure who I'd endorse at this point.
Eraserhead
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #8 on: June 30, 2016, 08:12:20 PM »

...?
Shameless Lefty Hack
Chickenhawk

« Reply #9 on: June 30, 2016, 10:30:31 PM »

Darned disloyal democrats interfering with Unity!

Teachout won the primary fair and square, with a huge majority of the votes. And shame on all of the privileged centrists who will abandon her in the GE because they can *afford * to have a Republican in that seat.

Heh. That felt good.
IceSpear
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.19, S: -6.43

« Reply #10 on: June 30, 2016, 10:47:38 PM »

Darned disloyal democrats interfering with Unity!

Teachout won the primary fair and square, with a huge majority of the votes. And shame on all of the privileged centrists who will abandon her in the GE because they can *afford * to have a Republican in that seat.

Heh. That felt good.

I guess I missed the hordes of #YandikorBust crybabies whining on Twitter and Reddit because they can't accept that they lost.

By the way, judging from Teachout's margin of victory and the fact that Clinton voters are far more likely to vote in low turnout primaries like these since they skew old, she almost certainly won among those who supported Clinton in the primary. So...yeah.

Not to mention the fact that a single Representative has basically no power in comparison to a president.
Shameless Lefty Hack
Chickenhawk

« Reply #11 on: June 30, 2016, 11:47:08 PM »

Well apparently we're not sure if the GOP candidate is better than Teachout here. The GOP! Imagine. Next we'll be evaluating candidates purely on their merits!

Also, yeah. Presidents are powerful. To briefly enter "re-litigate the primary" mode, that's why I'm not super thrilled with Clinton occupying the office. Because I have substantial policy differences, and seriously suspect her (along with the vast majority of pols', true) integrity.

Clinton demos are more likely to turnout ceteris paribus, no interference from better or worse campaigns. Given the amount of investment WFP has put into local infrastructure in NY, I'm not certain that your assumption (Teachout must have won a reasonable portion of Clintonistas) is true. Could be they/Teachout for Congress just bussed a lot of progs to the polls, and outhustled the Loyal Reasonable Elderly Professionals brigade that normally turn out for Dem primaries. Given low turnout, it's pretty easy to flip things.
IceSpear
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #12 on: July 01, 2016, 12:12:43 AM »
« Edited: July 01, 2016, 12:22:24 AM by IceSpear »

Well apparently we're not sure if the GOP candidate is better than Teachout here. The GOP! Imagine. Next we'll be evaluating candidates purely on their merits!

Also, yeah. Presidents are powerful. To briefly enter "re-litigate the primary" mode, that's why I'm not super thrilled with Clinton occupying the office. Because I have substantial policy differences, and seriously suspect her (along with the vast majority of pols', true) integrity.

Clinton demos are more likely to turnout ceteris paribus, no interference from better or worse campaigns. Given the amount of investment WFP has put into local infrastructure in NY, I'm not certain that your assumption (Teachout must have won a reasonable portion of Clintonistas) is true. Could be they/Teachout for Congress just bussed a lot of progs to the polls, and outhustled the Loyal Reasonable Elderly Professionals brigade that normally turn out for Dem primaries. Given low turnout, it's pretty easy to flip things.

If by "we" you mean one random guy on an obscure internet forum, then yes.

And yeah, they're powerful enough to select far right Supreme Court justices like Ruth Bader Ginsberg and Stephen Breyer. But rather than considering that, you'd prefer to be a useful idiot for this idiot...sad!

Anna Komnene
Siren

« Reply #13 on: July 01, 2016, 12:18:03 AM »

Hudsoners (Hudsonites?) clearly appreciate Zephyr for her stand against Emperor Cuomo's reign of terror.
Shameless Lefty Hack
Chickenhawk

« Reply #14 on: July 01, 2016, 12:36:47 AM »

If by "we" you mean one random guy on an obscure internet forum, then yes.

And yeah, they're powerful enough to select far right Supreme Court justices like Ruth Bader Ginsberg and Stephen Breyer. But rather than considering that, you'd prefer to be a useful idiot for this idiot...sad!

I'm pretty sure I'd have a ton of objections to Clinton nominees. Likely to be liberal in all the wrong ways.

Also, I don't think that voting your conscience in a democracy is ever idiotic, but if you really want to try to persuade people to your side that way be my guest.
IceSpear
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #15 on: July 01, 2016, 12:58:57 AM »

Again, you guys conveniently ignore the fact that Bill Clinton, who is objectively to the right of Hillary, appointed liberal stalwarts like Ginsburg and Breyer. I realize it doesn't fit the narrative, but reality is a pesky thing.

And Reince thanks you for your support! He and his cronies even type out memos in their RNC offices on how to manipulate you guys like fine clay. Did you see those? It's very sad you make it so easy for them...
Shameless Lefty Hack
Chickenhawk

« Reply #16 on: July 01, 2016, 01:20:26 AM »

Right. Got it.

First of all, Breyer just hurt me in Utah V. Strieff, so I wouldn't bring him up.

Second, to the extent that Presidents Have any control over who their appointees "are" once on the bench (I note O'Connor as a Reagan appointee), I don't think I'll agree with Clinton's priorities. IMHO probably going to be bullish on degredation of the 4th amendment, insufficiently nuanced on the 2nd, and likely to push social issues before their time. Maybe they'll care about poor people marginally more than a GOP appointee, but they're likely to be just as statist.

Third, I don't particularly care that the RNC is or is not benefitting from my attitude. I come by it honestly, so please don't patronize me and suggest that I'm being manipulated and if only I'd see the light I'd agree with you. I'm just not that partisan.

I did in fact see the oppo on VP candidates. If y'all are so afraid of what some lefties will do this Nov., seems to make Kaine a bad pick for VP, hmm? The RNC case seemed thinnest against Warren, IMHO.
Eraserhead
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #17 on: July 01, 2016, 01:59:44 AM »

These counties all voted for Sanders in the presidential primary but given Teachout's margins in most of them I'm guessing she won basically all of Bernie's voters who participated plus a huge chunk of Clinton's.

There were probably quite a few Sanders-Yandik voters in Columbia though.
Figueira
Atlas Icon

« Reply #18 on: July 02, 2016, 12:05:37 AM »

Well, technically he was right. She actually won by 42 points!

Seriously, this was a really good poll though.

He was also technically right that this thread is fun to laugh at.
Gass3268
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #19 on: July 12, 2016, 09:59:54 AM »

You must be logged in to read this quote.
Eraserhead
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #20 on: July 13, 2016, 02:03:41 PM »

Beautiful news!
Bojack Horseman
Wolverine22
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #21 on: July 23, 2016, 07:48:44 PM »