Labour Party (UK) Leadership Election, 2016 (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 07:02:06 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  International Elections (Moderators: afleitch, Hash)
  Labour Party (UK) Leadership Election, 2016 (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Labour Party (UK) Leadership Election, 2016  (Read 56360 times)
vileplume
« on: September 25, 2016, 01:43:46 PM »

May's record at the home office doesn't exactly scream "competent".

And here first major policy being to bring back grammar schools doesn't exactly scream "sane" either.

Well she is up against the most incompetent party leader in modern British history so next to that obviously she is going to look competent.

What I don't think the Corbynistas fully realise is even if the Tories do screw up Brexit Labour has an Achilles heel that it is almost impossible to overcome, that is Corbyn's past. Corbyn, McDonnell and the people around them have some very unpleasant skeletons in their closet which the media has not even begun to trawl through. If you think the press has been hard on Corbyn up to this point let me tell you this now: you ain't seen nothing yet.
vileplume
« Reply #1 on: September 25, 2016, 02:19:03 PM »

And for the record I don't think the media has by and large been overly harsh on Jeremy Corbyn in fact I would argue they have gone rather easy compared to what they could have done, but expect the really damning news stories to hit right around April 2020 so they have maximum impact. Mostly the press has just called Corbyn a useless leader (true by any definition of the word 'useless'), warned he will lead Labour to a crashing defeat (backed up by overwhelming evidence) and reported on whatever idiotic statement/action he had come out with that week (Traingate, calling for Article 50 to be triggered immediately, suggesting after work drinks should be banned etc.). As much as Corbynistas wail that they've been 'harsh' you simply cannot pull positive news stories out of mid-air and in bleak times for Labour the news cycle will obviously also be bleak. But as I said in my previous post with regards to negative stories on Corbyn and co. we've just seen the tip of the iceberg...
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies