Gun nut mom executes daughters tries to kill husband
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 26, 2024, 02:05:59 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  Gun nut mom executes daughters tries to kill husband
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Gun nut mom executes daughters tries to kill husband  (Read 2217 times)
Taco Truck 🚚
Schadenfreude
Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: June 28, 2016, 12:20:42 PM »

You must be logged in to read this quote.

http://www.chron.com/neighborhood/fortbend/news/article/Fort-Bend-County-shooting-that-left-three-dead-8327730.php

Behold the face of Islamic terror lurking in Texas suburbs.  Time to shut our southern border so Mexican Muslims don't rape and kill our women... because we all know the real threat to the average American is Islamic Mexicans.  Am I right?
Virginiá
Virginia
Administratrix
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.97, S: -5.91

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #1 on: June 28, 2016, 12:23:35 PM »
« Edited: June 28, 2016, 12:56:29 PM by Virginia »

I don't even know what to say... This is so sad and disturbing.
Antonio the Sixth
Antonio V
Atlas Institution
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.87, S: -3.83

P P
« Reply #2 on: June 28, 2016, 12:26:36 PM »

Horrific.
This account no longer in use.
cxs018
Junior Chimp

« Reply #3 on: June 28, 2016, 01:15:01 PM »

Death at the hands of the police was too kind of a punishment for that animal.
Taco Truck 🚚
Schadenfreude
« Reply #4 on: June 28, 2016, 01:23:01 PM »

I don't even know what to say... This is so sad and disturbing.

That's how I felt reading all the stupid posts freaking out about "Islamic homophobia" in the wake of the Pulse massacre.

This incident in Texas is far more common and statistically is the most likely way you will die from a gunshot.  Executions like this happen all the time but Republicans want you to ignore them.  How sick is that?

The simple fact of the matter is the vast majority of gun deaths in this country are either suicide, accidents, or someone known to you murdering you.  Gangstas roaming the suburbs, Illegal aliens from Mexico, and Muslims are boogiemen racists/bigots use to distract from horrific situations like this that happen every day across America.

Have a gun in your home and increase your chances of being shot... It's as simple as that.
angus
Atlas Icon
« Reply #5 on: June 28, 2016, 01:27:08 PM »

This incident in Texas is far more common

Man, if I had a nickel for every time I've read that being shot by your mama is a common way to get killed, I'd have exactly one nickel. 

Santander
Atlas Star
United Kingdom

Political Matrix
E: 4.00, S: 2.61

« Reply #6 on: June 28, 2016, 01:35:41 PM »

The simple fact of the matter is the vast majority of gun deaths in this country are either suicide, accidents, or someone known to you murdering you.  Gangstas roaming the suburbs, Illegal aliens from Mexico, and Muslims are boogiemen racists/bigots use to distract from horrific situations like this that happen every day across America.
That is true, but the knife cuts both ways. Liberals mourn and raise hell about gun control whenever a mass shooting occurs, they cause some drama in DC, solicit donations from the base, and then go back to passing whatever corporate welfare bill they were working on before. Where are the BLM protests against young black men getting murdered daily in Chicago? We have some real problems in this country, but let's not pretend that conservatives have a monopoly on politicizing these issues.
Taco Truck 🚚
Schadenfreude
« Reply #7 on: June 28, 2016, 01:43:02 PM »

This incident in Texas is far more common

Man, if I had a nickel for every time I've read that being shot by your mama is a common way to get killed, I'd have exactly one nickel. 

Being shot by someone you know particularly when you have a gun in your home.  Like I said some sick people don't want to talk about the problem.

Where are the BLM protests against young black men getting murdered daily in Chicago?

Ahh... I love the concern trolling.  My advice is go out and actually meet some black people and get to know them.  I don't know of a single prominent black leader who hasn't spoken about gun deaths in the black community of all types.

We have some real problems in this country, but let's not pretend that conservatives have a monopoly on politicizing these issues.

Well you are the only one that has asked us to focus on black people murdering people... which is the minority of gun deaths.  You are basically proving my point.  Instead of focusing on where the bulk of the deaths are some people just want to talk about blacks, illegal alien Mexicans, and Muslims... I wonder why?  Hmmm...
DINGO Joe
dingojoe
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #8 on: June 28, 2016, 01:46:20 PM »

She seems like a hypocrite to me.  If she truly had a gun the nuts want to ban, then she wouldn't have had to reload after only 5 shots.
angus
Atlas Icon
« Reply #9 on: June 28, 2016, 03:57:11 PM »

yeah, reload.  seriously.  What a madwoman.  I wonder what that argument was about.  Last slice of pizza, maybe?  I guess there's no one still alive to tell us about it. 

I would not have guessed the woman in the picture has a 22-year-old child.  She looks like she probably spent a good deal of time and money on maintaining her looks.  Perhaps that was the catalyst for the contretemps

Schadenfreude, given your username I'd think that you would be delighted to read such a shocking story.  I do agree that having guns in your house makes it more likely that you'll be shot.  Plenty of statistics (except those from the NRA) agree with that as well.  Still, writing a sentence which implies that it is common for a mammalian mother to kill her children strikes me as bizarre.  It happens, of course, especially in pigs and rabbits for reasons that are not completely understood, and in the past among human Chinese mothers who wanted to have a male child but had a female child instead, but it is generally not common.  Males, on the other hand, engage in infanticide more commonly.  Lions will often eat the cubs in order to get the lioness to go into heat earlier.  Rodents as well. 

Something must have set her off.  Her facebook page is still up, by the way.  She likes (or used to like) flowers, Oprah Winfrey, Cracker Barrel, Ronald Reagan, Mexican food, and Ben Carson.  I see that she has friends in Eastern PA.  I hope they're not as mad as she was.
Taco Truck 🚚
Schadenfreude
« Reply #10 on: June 28, 2016, 04:21:28 PM »

yeah, reload.  seriously.  What a madwoman.  I wonder what that argument was about.  Last slice of pizza, maybe?  I guess there's no one still alive to tell us about it. 

I would not have guessed the woman in the picture has a 22-year-old child.  She looks like she probably spent a good deal of time and money on maintaining her looks.  Perhaps that was the catalyst for the contretemps

Schadenfreude, given your username I'd think that you would be delighted to read such a shocking story.  I do agree that having guns in your house makes it more likely that you'll be shot.  Plenty of statistics (except those from the NRA) agree with that as well.  Still, writing a sentence which implies that it is common for a mammalian mother to kill her children strikes me as bizarre.  It happens, of course, especially in pigs and rabbits for reasons that are not completely understood, and in the past among human Chinese mothers who wanted to have a male child but had a female child instead, but it is generally not common.  Males, on the other hand, engage in infanticide more commonly.  Lions will often eat the cubs in order to get the lioness to go into heat earlier.  Rodents as well. 

Something must have set her off.  Her facebook page is still up, by the way.  She likes (or used to like) flowers, Oprah Winfrey, Cracker Barrel, Ronald Reagan, Mexican food, and Ben Carson.  I see that she has friends in Eastern PA.  I hope they're not as mad as she was.

This post...

Wells
MikeWells12
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #11 on: June 28, 2016, 04:33:24 PM »

This account no longer in use.
cxs018
Junior Chimp

« Reply #12 on: June 28, 2016, 04:36:32 PM »

That's some amazing r/forwardsfromgrandma material right there.
angus
Atlas Icon
« Reply #13 on: June 28, 2016, 05:00:51 PM »

I noticed that one right off the bat as well.  Did you "like" it?  

The weird thing is there's not really lots of craziness other than the gun-nut aspect.  As recently as six months ago she posts pictures of her daughters and says "I love and treasure y'all" and she seems to have had a sense of humor.  (Notice the "FBI Surveillance Van - guest" wifi network)  I guess mental illness can be subtle and complex.  

Wells
MikeWells12
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #14 on: June 28, 2016, 05:07:59 PM »

I noticed that one right off the bat as well.  Did you "like" it?  

The weird thing is there's not really lots of craziness other than the gun-nut aspect.  As recently as six months ago she posts pictures of her daughters and says "I love and treasure y'all" and she seems to have had a sense of humor.  (Notice the "FBI Surveillance Van - guest" wifi network)  I guess mental illness can be subtle and complex.  

No, I didn't like it. Why?

And what are you talking about with the FBI Surveillance Van WiFi? What does that have to do with anything?
Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: 5.29, S: -5.04

« Reply #15 on: June 28, 2016, 05:13:22 PM »

This post...

Look out Angus, we have a Very Serious Person here.
Taco Truck 🚚
Schadenfreude
« Reply #16 on: June 28, 2016, 05:37:43 PM »
« Edited: June 28, 2016, 05:39:53 PM by Schadenfreude »

The weird thing is there's not really lots of craziness other than the gun-nut aspect.

Nothing "weird" about that at all.  Most gun deaths are not preceded by a prolonged period of florid mental illness.  That's the point of the whole thread.  All the racist/bigoted stupid stereotypes Republicans put out there just distract people from the real problem.

I guess mental illness can be subtle and complex.

No, psychiatrists go to college for four years, medical school for four years, and residency for four years and fellowship for 1-2 years because spotting mental illness is pretty easy.

When will Muslims finally adopt our Christian values and help make America great again?
SUSAN CRUSHBONE
evergreen
Junior Chimp
Antarctica

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #17 on: June 28, 2016, 06:01:13 PM »

clearly we need to start giving every 17-year-old girl a gun so they can defend themselves
angus
Atlas Icon
« Reply #18 on: June 28, 2016, 06:35:13 PM »
« Edited: June 28, 2016, 06:42:56 PM by angus »

haha.  Well, that is the 64 thousand-dollar question, isn't it?  I don't really know why either.  Devolution of culture I suppose.  I never use those "like" buttons, but apparently that's an integral part of the facebook culture.  (I keep forgetting that I'm supposed to "like" the photos of their children that my middle-aged friends constantly post.)  Alan Owen likes it, and his pedestrian comments ending in the obligatory exclamation of "LOL"--which has invaded not only facebook but also this forum--suggests that he may also be an aficionado of handguns.

And what are you talking about with the FBI Surveillance Van WiFi? What does that have to do with anything?

Clearly, I'm talking about the same thing that you're talking about with your post, and it has to do with the same thing that the image you posted.  The FBI Surveillance Van-guest network post is definitely evidence of her sense of humor, just as the image you posted is probably also evidence, although I appreciate the former more, not being a gun owner, nor being particularly anti-Obama.  

My sense of humor is apparently a bit more irreverent than Christy's or Alan's.  (For example, I think that the comment above mine that "If she truly had a gun the nuts want to ban, then she wouldn't have had to reload after only 5 shots" is probably the most humorous one in this thread and indeed inspired my comments by letting me know that we're going to have fun with this.)  I also didn't fail to notice that she posts under the name Christy Byrd Sheats, although I haven't found a succinct way to work it into jeu-de-mots yet.  Byrdsheats probably stands alone.

My serious point, embedded in my earlier post, is that if you visit the page looking for psychological clues to this woman's madness (yes, I know that this is probably not the technical term), you will not find any, other than the fact that she's a rabid Republican, she eats bad food, and she's a gun-nut, and I don't think any of those things automatically makes a person a suspect of homicide.  Virginia's post probably sums up my immediate feeling best.  Sad and disturbing.  Especially the reload.  Somehow that impressed me the most.

And, yes, Schadenfreude, I get your point.  We all get your point:  Republicans and their policies are to blame for this problem and for all problems.  Every post you make reminds us all of that.  What I don't quite understand is whether you are pretending to be an incorrigible, exploitative jerk with an attitude of moral superiority, or whether this is just how you really are.  (I guess that if I had a PhD in psychology, I'd probably be able to tell which, just as I'd probably have been able to tell at a cursory glance of this woman's facebook page that she's about to waste all the members of her family.)

Joe Biden is your president. Deal with it.
diskymike44

« Reply #19 on: June 28, 2016, 06:37:14 PM »

One less nut gone.
I spent the winter writing songs about getting better
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.50, S: -6.67

P P
« Reply #20 on: June 28, 2016, 07:16:30 PM »

Unfortunately there's also two innocents gone with her.
Rules for me, but not for thee
Dabeav
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix
E: 2.19, S: -5.39

« Reply #21 on: June 28, 2016, 07:23:20 PM »

The hilarious part of that photo is that it's a .357 magnum with some .22LR cartridges.  Yep, that's going to work real well.
Torie
Moderators
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -3.48, S: -4.70

« Reply #22 on: June 29, 2016, 12:07:39 PM »

Somebody complained about Angus' post above, and this was a tough case (the silver lining being that I had to read Angus' post, which I find is always a pleasure for me). Anyway, I concluded that Angus was not actually saying a poster was less than estimable, but rather merely saying that he was unsure. So Judge Torie finds the defendant on that ground is not guilty. Yes, one might accuse the this particular judge of having a bit of bias, and arguably not by totally off base, but I digress. Thanks for listening.
Badger
badger
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #23 on: July 09, 2016, 12:38:25 AM »

This post...

Look out Angus, we have a Very Serious Person here.

In fairness, Angus's post really sucked.
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies