Yiannopoulos, et al.--why do we even know about these people?
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 24, 2024, 08:28:43 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  Yiannopoulos, et al.--why do we even know about these people?
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2]
Author Topic: Yiannopoulos, et al.--why do we even know about these people?  (Read 2000 times)
Derpist
Political Matrix
E: -5.29, S: -2.96

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: June 29, 2016, 09:43:23 PM »
« edited: June 29, 2016, 09:44:58 PM by Derpist »

The only people giving him a voice on this message board are leftists.  Do a search of Yiannopoulos.  A bunch of threads, just like this one, wondering what are we going to do about these fabulously dressed homos that aren't marching to the same drum I am....>HOW DARE THEY!  mock mock mock mock

It's almost as if they've been...triggered!

The response to that will likely be angry denial and probably a barrage of ad homs, but when at least one poster links his mental health with his antipathy for Milo...
Okay, maybe Mike Johnson is a competent parliamentarian.
Nathan
Moderators
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #26 on: June 29, 2016, 10:26:24 PM »

The response to that will likely be angry denial and probably a barrage of ad homs, but when at least one poster links his mental health with his antipathy for Milo...

That's not at all what I said.
Frozen Sky Ever Why
ShadowOfTheWave
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #27 on: June 29, 2016, 10:53:19 PM »

The PC backlash is a trojan horse for those with equally extremist views. Vile Nazi filth.
The Mikado
Moderators
Atlas Star

« Reply #28 on: June 29, 2016, 11:58:01 PM »

Nathan...I normally read your posts, but this is a bit long - I'll just presume it's the subject argued sensibly. But have you seen Milo's social media? Like legit. Just saw these fabulous white jeans. $549. What a dream! Purple heart You know how hard it is to find something this legit?! I had to go to 5 stores! (Yes, I did precede him on this trend Tongue)

How many useless things go viral? At least this man has some tastefulness.

As ridiculous as it sounds, you have a point. Milo is iconic and very carefully branded. Milo knows how to market himself. He not only says outlandish things and does outlandish stunts, he has his own iconic dress style, pattern of speech, and so on. He has a fully-packaged persona.

It's not at all surprising to me that he's become a hit, he understands marketing on an instinctual level.

Milo's a vile person, but the man knows how to establish a clear brand. He's the fabulously flamboyant gay man who will say shocking racist and misogynistic things in a camp gay British voice while in impeccable outfits. As it turns out, there's a very real market for such a figure, and he never goes off-brand.
Badger
badger
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #29 on: July 09, 2016, 12:43:44 AM »

What is this thread?
dead0man
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #30 on: July 09, 2016, 07:42:07 AM »

He was on Joe Rogan's podcast this week and I must say, he's a bit of a c**nt.  He's fine, even funny, in small doses when he's arguing with some random idiot college kid.  In large doses (2 hours) with somebody known for sniffing out bullsh**t?  It's kind of ugly.  Rogan didn't press the issue and let Milo out of tight situations by making jokes, but it was clear Rogan wasn't buying the sh**t Milo was shoveling.  He (Milo) is a Trump supporter now for sh**t's sake.  Like full on.  And there were other things he said that he clearly didn't believe, but was just saying it to troll.

the short of it:he's full of sh**t just like (nearly) everybody else
DavidB.
Atlas Icon
Israel

Political Matrix
E: 0.58, S: 4.26

« Reply #31 on: July 09, 2016, 08:10:14 AM »

It's because, sadly, the alt-righters are finally breaking out of their echo chambers and moving out of their mothers' basements.

What I'm wondering is what's driving that.
It has started to reach more mainstream audiences (i.e. outside 4chan etc.) when Trump started to win primaries and people were looking for an explanation for his success.
Pages: 1 [2]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies