The Gays (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 30, 2024, 05:03:31 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2016 U.S. Presidential Election
  The Gays (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Poll
Question: What percentage of the gay vote will Hillary get?
<65

65-69

70-74

75-79

80-84

85-90

>90

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 131

Author Topic: The Gays  (Read 2750 times)
Virginiá
Virginia
Administratrix
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.97, S: -5.91

« on: June 30, 2016, 01:12:35 PM »

4) Hillary does not always equal Bill

This shouldn't even need to be stated, but alas, here we are. Setting aside possible positions Bill only took up for political advantage, I don't get why people think Hillary must have been totally be on board with everything he did. Of course she had to support him, being first lady, but can anyone honestly tell me that husbands and wives always align on major issues? I don't think I have ever been on the same page every time with any of my exs while we were dating. Did it ever occur to anyone that maybe Hillary wants to define herself and has her own positions / thoughts?

I think that, regardless of what went on in the 90s, it is now 20+ years later and things have changed quite substantially in many regards.

5) HRC's endorsement of Hillary over Bernie in the primary was not surprising but was pretty cynical/shameful given his extraordinary/very unusually long history of supporting gay rights

HRC?

Btw, I see you have embraced your Democratic overlords. Welcome (back?)!
Virginiá
Virginia
Administratrix
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.97, S: -5.91

« Reply #1 on: July 03, 2016, 04:26:35 PM »

What really gets me is how fooled the gay population is by her because she's got a "D" next to her name.  Outside of anyone pulling the lever next to her name or filling in the bubble for her reps in the Electoral College, she has absolutely no interest in the gay population.  She's an opportunist, and the fact that I read/hear that she's turned the corner on gay rights, etc. is laughable.  

At least we get support from her now. I'm not concerned with what she did before for political expediency. Sure, it sucked that Hillary and the vast majority of politicians avoided it or went against, but she is here now. As long as she continues what Obama has started in regards to LGBT rights/protections, then I'm fine with that. I don't see any help coming from Republicans. Quite the opposite, actually.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies