NRA starts running ads for Trump - go Benghazi, not guns
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 18, 2024, 04:27:04 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2016 U.S. Presidential Election
  NRA starts running ads for Trump - go Benghazi, not guns
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2
Author Topic: NRA starts running ads for Trump - go Benghazi, not guns  (Read 1338 times)
Likely Voter
Moderators
Junior Chimp

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: June 30, 2016, 02:55:52 PM »

The NRA to the rescue!
You must be logged in to read this quote.

Here is the ad: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SIl20jItjHY

Some interesting points
1. Other big GOP groups that backed Romney (like Americans for Prosperity and American Crossroads)  still not spending
2. The message of the ad seems to be focusing on uniting Republicans (starts out with saying "A lot of people say they’re not going to vote this November because their candidate didn’t win")
3. Even though it comes from the NRA, they use Benghazi instead of guns to go after Clinton

Side note, ABC is reporting that the ad violates rules on filming at national cemeteries
President Johnson
Atlas Star
Germany

Political Matrix
E: -3.23, S: -4.70

« Reply #1 on: June 30, 2016, 02:57:33 PM »
« Edited: June 30, 2016, 04:00:27 PM by President Johnson »

My opinion of the NRA has finally improved. I never liked these guys because I think there should be more gun control. But helping TRUMP is fantastic.
Ljube
Junior Chimp
Political Matrix
E: 2.71, S: -6.09

« Reply #2 on: June 30, 2016, 02:59:15 PM »

What a great ad!
Adam Griffin
Atlas Star
Greece

Political Matrix
E: -7.35, S: -6.26

« Reply #3 on: June 30, 2016, 03:11:06 PM »

Very corny: the shots, the scripted lines, all of it. Also, who is Mark Geist? I'm guessing he's someone who's famous in conservative circle-jerks over Benghazi? Nobody who isn't in those circles is going to be aware of him or care about what he says...or care about this non-issue, for that matter.
Ljube
Junior Chimp
Political Matrix

« Reply #4 on: June 30, 2016, 03:27:00 PM »

Very corny: the shots, the scripted lines, all of it. Also, who is Mark Geist? I'm guessing he's someone who's famous in conservative circle-jerks over Benghazi? Nobody who isn't in those circles is going to be aware of him or care about what he says...or care about this non-issue, for that matter.

The people that the ad targets (Never Trump Republicans) will care.
Adam Griffin
Atlas Star
Greece

Political Matrix

« Reply #5 on: June 30, 2016, 03:46:55 PM »

A Venn diagram showing #NeverTrump Republicans and Benghazi enthusiasts would look very much like a hand-drawn illustration of some very full breasts.
IceSpear
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.19, S: -6.43

« Reply #6 on: June 30, 2016, 03:55:09 PM »

A Venn diagram showing #NeverTrump Republicans and Benghazi enthusiasts would look very much like a hand-drawn illustration of some very full breasts.

LMAO
Ljube
Junior Chimp
Political Matrix

« Reply #7 on: June 30, 2016, 03:56:06 PM »
« Edited: June 30, 2016, 03:57:39 PM by Ljube »

Only a total left wing hack would use the term "Benghazi enthusiasts".
Wells
MikeWells12
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #8 on: June 30, 2016, 04:01:54 PM »

Why? What's wrong with using the phrase "Benghazi enthusiasts"? Does it not aptly describe those who are enthused by Benghazi?
Ljube
Junior Chimp
Political Matrix

« Reply #9 on: June 30, 2016, 04:05:30 PM »

Why? What's wrong with using the phrase "Benghazi enthusiasts"? Does it not aptly describe those who are enthused by Benghazi?

"Benghazi enthusiasts" exist only in the idle chatter of the extreme left.
Wells
MikeWells12
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #10 on: June 30, 2016, 04:15:46 PM »

How would you describe people who care about Benghazi?
RINO Tom
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 2.45, S: -0.52

« Reply #11 on: June 30, 2016, 04:17:41 PM »

My opinion of the NRA has finally improved. I never liked these guys because I think there should be more gun control. But helping TRUMP is fantastic.

Is Trump paying you?  Your unironic support for him doesn't even follow BAD logic anymore.
Ljube
Junior Chimp
Political Matrix

« Reply #12 on: June 30, 2016, 04:23:39 PM »

Patriots
Wells
MikeWells12
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #13 on: June 30, 2016, 04:36:09 PM »

Patriots

What if I told you that there were fewer embassy attacks under Clinton than her predecessor as Sectretary of State?
Ljube
Junior Chimp
Political Matrix

« Reply #14 on: June 30, 2016, 04:39:39 PM »

What if I told you that there were fewer embassy attacks under Clinton than her predecessor as Sectretary of State?

None was this vicious. And it was all her making. Her policies helped create two failed states. Three, if we also count her senatorial career and Iraq.
IceSpear
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #15 on: June 30, 2016, 04:41:21 PM »

LMAO, I just watched the actual ad. I haven't seen something so corny and cringeworthy since Cruz's Duck Dynasty ad.
Ljube
Junior Chimp
Political Matrix

« Reply #16 on: June 30, 2016, 04:43:21 PM »

LMAO, I just watched the actual ad. I haven't seen something so corny and cringeworthy since Cruz's Duck Dynasty ad.

Ah, but you are not the intended audience, IceSpear. Wink
Wells
MikeWells12
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #17 on: June 30, 2016, 04:55:40 PM »

What if I told you that there were fewer embassy attacks under Clinton than her predecessor as Secretary of State?

None was this vicious. And it was all her making. Her policies helped create two failed states. Three, if we also count her senatorial career and Iraq.

There were only four deaths in thirteen hours in this ultra-vicious attack. Apparently, this is Clinton's fault. On September 17, 2008, in Yemen, there were 16 deaths at the embassy in 20 minutes. Is that Condoleeza Rice's fault? Or maybe Benghazi is just a politically motivated witch-hunt. But I guess if it brings down Clinton's poll numbers. . .

As for Clinton, she has exhibited less than stellar judgement in the past. Her foreign policy is too hawkish in my opinion. I will acknowledge this weakness (though she has learned from her mistakes (I doubt she will start empire building once she is president)). However, I trust Trump's judgement less. He is dangerous and nowhere will be safe if he gets his tiny fingers in the same room as the nuclear launch codes. Seriously, he's terrible. He doesn't know a thing about foreign policy.
Oh, wait, I forgot, he can make deals. And he was on 60 Minutes with Putin once.
The world will shine with light in our nightmare
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

Political Matrix
E: -6.32, S: -7.48

P P P

« Reply #18 on: June 30, 2016, 06:53:57 PM »

Patriots

What's patriotic about wasting taxpayer dollars on a House committee that exists solely as a campaign arm for the GOP?

If we're going to keep wasting time on this Benghazi balderdash, we might as well re-establish the 9/11 Commission and start up that conversation again.  The connections between the Bush administration and 9/11 are tons more ambiguous than Hillary Clinton's circumstances.
IceSpear
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #19 on: June 30, 2016, 06:56:00 PM »

Ah, but you are not the intended audience, IceSpear. Wink

The same was said about the Duck Dynasty ad. Judging from the horrible ROI there, I guess the intended audience doesn't like cringing either.
catographer
Megameow
United States
« Reply #20 on: June 30, 2016, 07:08:17 PM »

This attack that Clinton personally destabilized the Middle East is BS.

Read this AP Fact check of Trump's attacks on Clinton. The first couple are on the Middle East.
http://bigstory.ap.org/article/a0eecb48c6c84aaa9cdad9141fbcd09c/ap-fact-check-trumps-distortions-clinton

Bottom line: Libya, Syria, Benghazi not her fault.
ProudModerate2
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #21 on: June 30, 2016, 09:29:03 PM »

Actually, they mainly exist only as reporters/producers of Fox News.
Adam Griffin
Atlas Star
Greece

Political Matrix

« Reply #22 on: July 01, 2016, 03:16:53 PM »

How the hell else would you define "vicious" in any meaningful sense other than the number of people killed? You are aware that there were 15+ embassy attacks during GWB's tenure and that more than 60 State Department officials were killed in those, right? Yet we're to believe that this one attack is somehow fundamentally worse than all of those combined? Is GWB and his State Department not just as responsible - if not more so - for the two failed states that they helped create? Is the GOP congress not responsible for its gutting of security revenue to the State Department in 2011?

Jesus Christ, the hypocrisy is strong with this one. This is why I call y'all "Benghazi enthusiasts" - because your enthusiasm has nothing to do with a consistent application of morality over these sorts of events, but instead, consists of you and your friends fapping over four dead bodies for political gain. You'd have impeached Bush yourselves if you had even a fraction of the concern per dead State Department American as you do over this one particular incident. 
Adam Griffin
Atlas Star
Greece

Political Matrix

« Reply #23 on: July 01, 2016, 03:20:21 PM »

Also, I had no idea that "Benghazi enthusiasts" was a form of "idle chatter of the extreme left", considering I just made up the term on the spot. You know, because it applies.
Ljube
Junior Chimp
Political Matrix

« Reply #24 on: July 01, 2016, 03:23:53 PM »

How the hell else would you define "vicious" in any meaningful sense other than the number of people killed? You are aware that there were 15+ embassy attacks during GWB's tenure and that more than 60 State Department officials were killed in those, right? Yet we're to believe that this one attack is somehow fundamentally worse than all of those combined? Is GWB and his State Department not just as responsible - if not more so - for the two failed states that they helped create? Is the GOP congress not responsible for its gutting of security revenue to the State Department in 2011?

Jesus Christ, the hypocrisy is strong with this one. This is why I call y'all "Benghazi enthusiasts" - because your enthusiasm has nothing to do with a consistent application of morality over these sorts of events, but instead, consists of you and your friends fapping over four dead bodies for political gain. You'd have impeached Bush yourselves if you had even a fraction of the concern per dead State Department American as you do over this one particular incident. 

None of those people is running for president. Hillary is.
Pages: [1] 2  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies