Trump: Mexican planes could be attacking New Hampshire (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 05:50:04 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2016 U.S. Presidential Election
  Trump: Mexican planes could be attacking New Hampshire (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Trump: Mexican planes could be attacking New Hampshire  (Read 2720 times)
ag
Atlas Icon

« on: June 30, 2016, 06:28:22 PM »

I mean, some of our Trumpists here would consider it a great joke if Trump were to fart in public. In fact, at this point they would be going out and about praising the flavor.
ag
Atlas Icon

« Reply #1 on: June 30, 2016, 07:34:48 PM »

That one can't seem to figure out whether he's Swiss or Mexican.  I say let him go.

It is, actually, ours!

ag
Atlas Icon

« Reply #2 on: June 30, 2016, 09:01:00 PM »
« Edited: June 30, 2016, 09:02:34 PM by ag »

ag, We're heading to QR for two weeks starting Monday.  It'll be interesting to discuss the situation in the US, particularly The Donald, with Mexicans, and to watch the spin on the noticias on TV.  You probably get a chance to rub elbows with more important folks than I do.  I haven't been to DF in ten years, but I do visit the Mexican coastal areas about once a year and always enjoy discussions of politics with Mexicans.  Are they talking much about the US election this summer?  My guess is that Trump probably makes the ruling class in Mexico a little nervous.  

Do not overestimate how close I am to important people. I just teach their kids Smiley Still, let me try...

Not a little. There is strong revulsion. Normally, my circle is a bit special: should I say, it is on the malinchista end of the technoratic spectrum (I mean, my kind of a crowd Smiley ). But at this point, I think, Trump has achieved the impossible: there is, literally, no disagreement on how horrible he would be between the right and the left here. If anything, the revulsion in the usual americophile circles is stronger.

Another group that is positively terrified is the Anglo-Mexican community. From the banter at the HM Birthday garage sale at the Anglican church here (a rather wealthy selection of people, to put it mildly), you would have thought you are at a Manhattan Democratic Party meeting. And, of course, Americans I know here go into "do not blame me, but I am awfully sorry" mode before even being challenged.

I do not watch TV, though, so cannot really tell you much about that.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies