Trump: Mexican planes could be attacking New Hampshire (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 05:47:32 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2016 U.S. Presidential Election
  Trump: Mexican planes could be attacking New Hampshire (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Trump: Mexican planes could be attacking New Hampshire  (Read 2719 times)
angus
Atlas Icon
« on: June 30, 2016, 03:32:50 PM »

Trump has a great sense of humor.

greater than Clinton's, which is nonexistent, but it's a little crass.  It'd be one thing if we were a homogenous state with maybe 9 or 10 million people, all speaking the same language, all worshipping the same god, all having the same color hair and eyes, but you really can't be an effective chief executive of such a large and diverse lot with this Krusty the Klown schtick.  

I like GWBush's self-effacing sense of humor quite a bit, and Obama's dry wit, but Trump makes me cringe.  By the way, it seems to have fallen flat.  I didn't hear any obvious, or muffled, laughter in the audience.
angus
Atlas Icon
« Reply #1 on: June 30, 2016, 07:24:51 PM »

That one can't seem to figure out whether he's Swiss or Mexican.  I say let him go.
angus
Atlas Icon
« Reply #2 on: June 30, 2016, 07:43:55 PM »

ag, We're heading to QR for two weeks starting Monday.  It'll be interesting to discuss the situation in the US, particularly The Donald, with Mexicans, and to watch the spin on the noticias on TV.  You probably get a chance to rub elbows with more important folks than I do.  I haven't been to DF in ten years, but I do visit the Mexican coastal areas about once a year and always enjoy discussions of politics with Mexicans.  Are they talking much about the US election this summer?  My guess is that Trump probably makes the ruling class in Mexico a little nervous.  

angus
Atlas Icon
« Reply #3 on: June 30, 2016, 09:45:40 PM »

there is, literally, no disagreement on how horrible he would be between the right and the left here.

I'm certain of that.  A few weeks ago I was speaking to a diving supply company owner who lives in Juarez and we got into a bit of a discussion about Trump and that's what he said as well.

I'm sure that many Mexicans haven't let it affect their morbid sense of humor about politics.  That's one thing I've always appreciated, and why I do look forward to any discussion about the upcoming election should the topic arise during my stay in Mexico. 

I'm wondering also about how seriously anyone there considers his chance of election, and how that is affecting the current economic climate.  I generally try not to bother the foreigners working in Mexico about their politics back home, and I'd extend that courtesy to my fellow gringos, but I know a few US people as well--empresarios doing business as permanent or temporary residents of Mexico--and my guess is that those folks are probably as nervous about Trump's policies as much as Mexican policymakers, probably more so.

angus
Atlas Icon
« Reply #4 on: July 01, 2016, 02:28:08 PM »

Orange is, after all, the new black.

angus
Atlas Icon
« Reply #5 on: July 02, 2016, 06:09:41 PM »

The idea that Trump is thin skinned is the most ludicrous thing I've heard. 

Strikes me as a queer observation as well.  I've long since concluded that he has a very thick skin.  In fact, I think that's part of his problem.  He dishes it out because he can take it, and he expects everyone else to have a pachyderm skin like he does.  Not a good fit for today's metro man.

Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies