Bipartisan Report: FEC Launching Investigation against Trump Campaign
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 19, 2024, 01:15:54 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2016 U.S. Presidential Election
  Bipartisan Report: FEC Launching Investigation against Trump Campaign
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Bipartisan Report: FEC Launching Investigation against Trump Campaign  (Read 1086 times)
Dr. Arch
Arch
Atlas Icon
Puerto Rico

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: June 30, 2016, 08:45:45 PM »

For the foreign donation requests sent earlier.

http://bipartisanreport.com/2016/06/29/breaking-donald-trump-campaign-floored-by-launch-of-immediate-fec-investigation-details/

"In the case of the UK, the requests for money became so extreme that the Parliament has moved to officially block the Trump campaign from access to its members."
eric82oslo
Junior Chimp
Norway

Political Matrix
E: -6.00, S: -5.65

« Reply #1 on: June 30, 2016, 09:05:52 PM »

Poor old Trump who has no money himself he could use.
Joe Republic
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

« Reply #2 on: July 01, 2016, 12:56:58 PM »

SNP MP Natalie McGarry posted her response to one of the boilerplate fundraising emails.  On one hand her response is hilarious, but on the other hand, did she know she's replying to a robo-email?:

Anyway, why would the Trump campaign add foreign parliamentarians to their email lists?  Seems like quite a lot of effort went in for this to just be a 'mistake'.
Virginiá
Virginia
Administratrix
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.97, S: -5.91

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #3 on: July 01, 2016, 01:14:32 PM »

Would they even do anything if they found cause for fining his campaign, or worse? It looks pretty straightforward to me, but partisanship and Republican animosity towards campaign finance regulations has made the FEC absolutely useless.
Chief Justice Keef
etr906
United States

« Reply #4 on: July 01, 2016, 01:22:57 PM »

When will Trump finally get his crap together and run a legitimate general election campaign?

He's going to win the battle but lose the war, basically.
Stranger in a strange land
strangeland
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #5 on: July 01, 2016, 01:46:46 PM »

Would they even do anything if they found cause for fining his campaign, or worse? It looks pretty straightforward to me, but partisanship and Republican animosity towards campaign finance regulations has made the FEC absolutely useless.

Even if they fined him, how would he pay it?
Santander
Atlas Star
United Kingdom

Political Matrix
E: 4.00, S: 2.61

« Reply #6 on: July 01, 2016, 01:49:17 PM »

Even if they fined him, how would he pay it?
Mexico would.
RaphaelDLG
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #7 on: July 01, 2016, 01:53:58 PM »

;(
SillyAmerican
United States

« Reply #8 on: July 01, 2016, 02:34:59 PM »

We really need a bipartisan effort to get campaign finances under control. Both major parties have contributed to this mess, they will both need to work towards finding a solution. However, I fear the subject might be a bit too esoteric for any real progress to be made anytime soon...
Likely Voter
Moderators
Junior Chimp

« Reply #9 on: July 01, 2016, 02:44:21 PM »

FEC is so toothless that it is unlikely this goes anyware, and if it does it will be some minor fine. This is more about how the Trump campaign still makes rookie mistakes and at this point it shouldn't be doing that.
RaphaelDLG
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #10 on: July 01, 2016, 03:01:17 PM »

We really need a bipartisan effort to get campaign finances under control. Both major parties have contributed to this mess, they will both need to work towards finding a solution. However, I fear the subject might be a bit too esoteric for any real progress to be made anytime soon...

This is a large part of what the Sanders' campaign was about and the main reason why I was such a huge supporter of it.  But, of course, it got marginalized as "conspiracy theories" that were "unnecessarily damaging Hillary"by hacks rather than raising awareness about a fundamental issue.
SATW
SunriseAroundTheWorld
Junior Chimp
United States
« Reply #11 on: July 01, 2016, 03:14:40 PM »

FEC is so toothless that it is unlikely this goes anyware, and if it does it will be some minor fine. This is more about how the Trump campaign still makes rookie mistakes and at this point it shouldn't be doing that.

This isn't a rookie mistake, this is literally a move only a moron would make.
True Federalist (진정한 연방 주의자)
Ernest
Moderators
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #12 on: July 01, 2016, 06:35:13 PM »

And morons can't get elected?  Oh, if only that were true.  I got a number of mailings this past local primary for races I couldn't vote in, even if I wanted to.  It's fairly clear why it happened as my zip code straddles the county line and if I'd been on the other side of the line I could have voted, and I imagine that conventional commercial mail lists don't bother with which county, let alone which county council or state house district I live in.  Still it should have been fairly easy to cross reference my address with a voter registration list.  Indeed, I would have thought a campaign would have started there and then maybe used demographic info from commercial mailing lists to decide which names and addresses on the voter registration list would be targeted.
PaperKooper
United States

Political Matrix
E: 5.23, S: 5.57

« Reply #13 on: July 01, 2016, 06:56:54 PM »

It seems pretty obvious that someone signed all these foreigners up for Trump's emails in the hope of causing a minor scandal. 
SATW
SunriseAroundTheWorld
Junior Chimp
United States
« Reply #14 on: July 02, 2016, 06:15:03 AM »

And morons can't get elected?  Oh, if only that were true.  I got a number of mailings this past local primary for races I couldn't vote in, even if I wanted to.  It's fairly clear why it happened as my zip code straddles the county line and if I'd been on the other side of the line I could have voted, and I imagine that conventional commercial mail lists don't bother with which county, let alone which county council or state house district I live in.  Still it should have been fairly easy to cross reference my address with a voter registration list.  Indeed, I would have thought a campaign would have started there and then maybe used demographic info from commercial mailing lists to decide which names and addresses on the voter registration list would be targeted.

Oh, I know that morons can win office quite easily, just pointing out that Trump was clearly being a moron in this insistence.
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies