Is Bernie staying in, in the hopes Clinton is indicted?
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 18, 2024, 10:59:35 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2016 U.S. Presidential Election
  Is Bernie staying in, in the hopes Clinton is indicted?
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2]
Poll
Question: ?
Yes

No

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 56

Author Topic: Is Bernie staying in, in the hopes Clinton is indicted?  (Read 1586 times)
RaphaelDLG
YaBB God
United States

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: July 01, 2016, 01:10:04 PM »

Confirmed picture of Beet that his mom took when he was six:
Spark
Spark498
Atlas Politician
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.58, S: 0.00

P P P
Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #26 on: July 01, 2016, 01:20:05 PM »

Basically
Lyin' Steve
SteveMcQueen

« Reply #27 on: July 01, 2016, 01:21:42 PM »

No, it seems like Bernie is just staying in because he has nothing left to personally gain other than trying to push his views into the platform, and due to his numerous character defects his insignificant personal gain matters more to him than the considerable gains he could make for the democratic party and the country if he did the right thing.

RaphaelDLG
YaBB God
United States

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #28 on: July 01, 2016, 01:52:57 PM »

No, it seems like Bernie is just staying in because he has nothing left to personally gain other than trying to push his views into the platform, and due to his numerous character defects his insignificant personal gain matters more to him than the considerable gains he could make for the democratic party and the country if he did the right thing.

i know, it's unbelievable that a soon to be 75yo could be motivated by something other than career advancement

/s
IceSpear
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.19, S: -6.43

« Reply #29 on: July 01, 2016, 05:05:17 PM »

beet pls
angus
Atlas Icon
« Reply #30 on: July 01, 2016, 05:20:45 PM »

Sanders will be in till the convention, indictment or not.  He may hope that she is indicted--we all do, since it may very well keep her from becoming the next President--but that's not why he's still in.

voted no.

I do agree with your assessment of the platform.  The higher-ups in both parties do not take them seriously.  To the ruling Democrats and Republicans, they're nothing more than bundles of promises that no one ever intends to keep.  Dog and pony show, as it were, designed to win support (and buy some time for re-armament).  It's rather like the non-agression pact signed by Joachim von Ribbentrop and Vyacheslav Molotov whereby the Soviet and German governments promised not to make war on each other.  I don't really think von Ribbentrop and Molotov took it seriously, but it gave the people back home some confidence in their masters.  If Sanders whittles down his goal to just affecting the DNC platform, then he's basically just playing Molotov to Clinton's von Ribbentrop.

Cheesy

IceSpear
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #31 on: July 01, 2016, 06:04:24 PM »

Sanders will be in till the convention, indictment or not.  He may hope that she is indicted--we all do, since it may very well keep her from becoming the next President--but that's not why he's still in.

Who's "we"? Certainly not the nearly 17 million people who voted for her, more than that voted for any other candidate on either side.
angus
Atlas Icon
« Reply #32 on: July 01, 2016, 06:28:34 PM »

Oh, come on!  Can't I get a little respect?  I worked very, very hard at the subtle adherence to Godwin's Law, and all you can come up with is "who's we?".  Where's the love, man?

You do make a good point:  5.3% of the population of the United States has expressed a support for Hillary Clinton at the polls, and by our standards that a very good showing.  

This is going to be the best election year ever!
ProudModerate2
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #33 on: July 01, 2016, 06:33:17 PM »

Your title to this thread says "in the hopes Clinton is indicted."
Bernie might be holding back just in case Clinton is indicted, but Sanders is not the type to "hope" that Hillary is indicted. (Bernie is not the type who would want/hope that something bad would come to Hillary.)
Liberalrocks
United States

Political Matrix
E: -4.90, S: -4.35

P P P
« Reply #34 on: July 01, 2016, 06:48:42 PM »

This thread is so pathetic.
angus
Atlas Icon
« Reply #35 on: July 01, 2016, 07:06:47 PM »

Ah, you're new.  Wait till you encounter one of Beet's economic threads.  You'll think it's the end of civilization as we know it.
Liberalrocks
United States

Political Matrix
E: -4.90, S: -4.35

P P P
« Reply #36 on: July 01, 2016, 07:09:36 PM »

Ah, you're new.  Wait till you encounter one of Beet's economic threads.  You'll think it's the end of civilization as we know it.

Its not that Im new, I mostly just read and dont always comment. Yes I am familiar with the economic threads (heavy eye roll).
Hammy
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #37 on: July 01, 2016, 09:03:59 PM »

I don't think he's staying in on 'hopes' of such, but it wouldn't surprise me given that this investigation is so partisan-driven and led by a Republican FBI director that he's staying in as an insurance policy in case an indictment happens.
bedstuy
YaBB God

Political Matrix
E: -1.16, S: -4.35

« Reply #38 on: July 01, 2016, 09:16:27 PM »

I'm love to opine on Hillary's impending indictment, but I already died from the ebola virus...

Oh wait, no I didn't.
evergreenarbor

Political Matrix
E: -6.77, S: -8.43

« Reply #39 on: July 01, 2016, 10:39:43 PM »

He's staying in until the convention because he's actually trying to get some things done with the DNC and change a few things with the platform at least.
Absentee Voting Ghost of Ruin
Runeghost
Atlas Icon

« Reply #40 on: July 02, 2016, 12:41:09 AM »

Guys, believe it or not, I am aware I was too pessimistic over the primaries and have already taken that into account. However, this is not the same thing as a primary election. Unlike an election, which is a transparent event with virtually unlimited data points, including polls that you can use to say, 'Beet's prediction is a longshot/outlier', the law enforcement elite is a secretive cabal of bureaucrats. There are no direct data points here. The people this forum studies - politicians - are the prey of these people. Studying the prey does not tell you anything about the predator.

Think about this from Loretta Lynch's perspective. If there is no indictment recommendation coming, you're as happy as a peach. You're as high as a kite. Why? Because the FBI make a recommendation and Democrats would be happy and Republicans would have to accept it - the FBI would be the point of focus. Bill Clinton comes over and talks to you - you give him a few positive wink wink, nod nods, knowing that everything is rainbows and butterflies, and that's that.

Now suppose the opposite - the FBI recommends indictment. Now you're sweating like Homer Simpson after being accidentally locked in a sauna for 3 hours. Water is pouring down your shirt like Usain Bolt's after a 100m dash. Because all the heat is going to be on you. You will piss off either Republicans or Democrats on an epic level. So you're looking for any excuse - any. To recuse yourself.

Enter Bill Clinton.

The guy (who should really take a vacation to Tahiti for the rest of the campaign) still wracked with guilt over decades of infidelity and damaging Hillary's career up till now, still can't help himself and goes over to talk to you in your private plane. This obviously, highly inappropriate, egregious breach of ethics gives you the perfect excuse to out yourself. So you do.

The public only sees the end outcome of this. But think like a detective. Today's action suggests that Clinton is finished.

Anyway, want to keep this thread about Bernie. After the indictment he will look vindicated for keeping his campaign going, and that's what he's counting on. Heck, I wouldn't be surprised if he had a 'mole' somewhere. Before today, his decisions made no sense. Now, his decisions do make sense.

You leave out a critical point which destroys your entire thesis. Why would President Obama and Vice President Biden endorse a candidate they know will be indicted? The blowback hits them too. The moment they endorsed Clinton pretty much ruled out any possibility of an indictment because they know better than anyone else what is going on with the email investigation.

But what if (presuming this scenario is true for purposes of discussion) something in the investigation changed between the Obama & Biden endorsements and this past week?

I.e. both the FBI, Justice and State were confident of "no indictment" and then something (who knows what) popped up that made indictment nigh-inevitable?
President Johnson
Atlas Star
Germany

Political Matrix
E: -3.23, S: -4.70

« Reply #41 on: July 02, 2016, 05:06:49 AM »

Maybe, but even if Hilldog gets indicted, Biden would step in. At least I would like the Democratic candidate in this case, but would still support Big Don.
they don't love you like i love you
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.50, S: -6.67

P P
« Reply #42 on: July 02, 2016, 10:36:41 AM »

Beet, here's a little rule you should've adopted from the beginning of the primary. Ask yourself "Is H.A. Goodman saying the same thing?" If the answer is "Yes", then the theory is objectively incorrect and will not happen. You are literally saying the exact same thing he is in this thread, only from a very pessimistic Hillary supporter perspective instead.

(And I don't think it's an exaggeration to say that every single thing H.A. Goodman said about this primary was wrong. Even the broken clock rule doesn't apply to him.)
IceSpear
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #43 on: July 05, 2016, 04:01:41 PM »

lol
Landslide Lyndon
px75
Atlas Star
Greece

« Reply #44 on: July 05, 2016, 04:14:10 PM »

Enjoy your brief respite till the next faux-scandal gets drummed up by Republicans and the "liberal" media.
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #45 on: July 05, 2016, 04:19:12 PM »

Don't worry, people. Soon Loretta Lynch, Bill Clinton and that FBI dude criminal threesome will be exposed and it will change everything.

It's not over yet.
Pages: 1 [2]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies