June fundraising: UPDATE: Final numbers: Clinton: $36.4m / Trump: $26.7m
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 25, 2024, 02:33:07 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2016 U.S. Presidential Election
  June fundraising: UPDATE: Final numbers: Clinton: $36.4m / Trump: $26.7m
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2
Author Topic: June fundraising: UPDATE: Final numbers: Clinton: $36.4m / Trump: $26.7m  (Read 2372 times)
Landslide Lyndon
px75
Atlas Star
Greece

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: July 01, 2016, 01:23:57 PM »
« edited: July 20, 2016, 11:00:10 PM by Likely Voter »

http://thehill.com/blogs/ballot-box/presidential-races/286292-clinton-nets-nearly-70m-in-june-fundraising

Hillary Clinton’s presidential campaign brought in $68.5 million in June, the campaign announced Friday. The campaign's total haul is about $288 million, and it has $44 million in cash on hand, Clinton's team said in a statement.

“Our first month of general election fundraising proved to be the best of the campaign,” campaign manager Robby Mook said.
“Thanks to the continued support of nearly 1.6 million people, we have been able to help Democrats build out an organizing infrastructure across the country that will help mobilize millions of voters and help elected progressive candidates up and down the ballot.”

Clinton’s campaign said more than $40.5 million of that total goes directly toward its operations. The remaining cash, about $28 million, will benefit the Democratic National Committee (DNC).
Likely Voter
Moderators
Junior Chimp

« Reply #1 on: July 01, 2016, 01:38:51 PM »

That's a lot of money, but they started the month with $41m so that means they spent $37m during June.  It will be interesting to see if Trump's team announces anything today. My bet is they will wait until the midnight on the 20th deadline, which would be during the RNC. So we may not know Trump's numbers until the day of his acceptance speech
Virginiá
Virginia
Administratrix
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.97, S: -5.91

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #2 on: July 01, 2016, 02:02:55 PM »

Isn't this lower than Obama and Romney in 2012? Quickie search shows that Obama/DNC raised $71 million vs Romney/RNC's $106 million (Source: http://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-18773746 )

Obviously Clinton still maintains a truly massive cash advantage, but I wonder why her totals are smaller. Small donor issues perhaps? Or am I misreading the figures? It seems like it would be even more critical to raise more money this particular cycle, seeing as Republicans are very vulnerable and more cash could help ensure more wins against a weakened opposition.
Xing
xingkerui
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.52, S: -3.91

P P P
« Reply #3 on: July 01, 2016, 02:04:40 PM »

Fundraising doesn't matter. Trump is an unconventional candidate in an anti-establishment year, and has been underestimated constantly. Trump's performance in the primary proves that none of this "fundraising", "ground game", or "advertising" really matters. It's all about momentum and who excites voters, and that's Trump. #AtypicalElection #Realignment #AnythingCanHappenInPolitics

/s
Likely Voter
Moderators
Junior Chimp

« Reply #4 on: July 01, 2016, 02:35:56 PM »
« Edited: July 01, 2016, 02:41:51 PM by Likely Voter »

Doing a direct comparison on campaigns in June 2012

Obama
Raised: 45,912,739.72
Spent: 58,094,115.75
COH:  97,536,739.09

Romney
Raised: 33,044,772.90
Spent: 27,538,608.67
COH: 22,505,829.98

Hillary seems to be 10% short of Obama on direct contributions but about 10% more on DNC contributions. But she did have to spend at least a week of June focusing on the primary with Bernie and campaigning. Of course Romney and Obama had clinched their nominations by June 2012.

Obviously Obama had a big COH advantage and was able to spend more on Romney attack ads in June, again due to not having to deal with a primary.  Hillary's advantage in those areas is a lucky break that she is running against Trump who has been running a threadbare campaign.
IceSpear
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.19, S: -6.43

« Reply #5 on: July 01, 2016, 05:10:56 PM »

Stupendous news!
IceSpear
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #6 on: July 01, 2016, 05:12:16 PM »

Isn't this lower than Obama and Romney in 2012? Quickie search shows that Obama/DNC raised $71 million vs Romney/RNC's $106 million (Source: http://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-18773746 )

Obviously Clinton still maintains a truly massive cash advantage, but I wonder why her totals are smaller. Small donor issues perhaps? Or am I misreading the figures? It seems like it would be even more critical to raise more money this particular cycle, seeing as Republicans are very vulnerable and more cash could help ensure more wins against a weakened opposition.

Hillary still had a primary to deal with for the first week of June, the party was already united behind Obama. Also, I'm not sure whether this is true or just BS (I lean toward the latter), but I remember reading that many Democrats are holding off on donating until after the RNC, since they don't want to intimidate them so much that they dump Trump at the convention.
Dr. Arch
Arch
Atlas Icon
Puerto Rico

« Reply #7 on: July 01, 2016, 05:12:32 PM »

And I haven't even started donating yet Smiley I'm waiting for the final call on this ridiculous FBI probe and for her to officially clinch the nomination later on this month.
Virginiá
Virginia
Administratrix
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

Political Matrix

« Reply #8 on: July 01, 2016, 05:26:56 PM »

Hillary still had a primary to deal with for the first week of June, the party was already united behind Obama. Also, I'm not sure whether this is true or just BS (I lean toward the latter), but I remember reading that many Democrats are holding off on donating until after the RNC, since they don't want to intimidate them so much that they dump Trump at the convention.

Ah, fair point. Forgot about the primary issue. And yes, I probably read the same thing as you - I do hope they are just holding off, because this cycle is truly a rare gift to Democrats and Clinton / DNC should really go all in. We probably won't get another chance like this for some time.
nicholas.slaydon
Ukraine

« Reply #9 on: July 01, 2016, 05:31:52 PM »

YAY!!! Let all pat Hillary on the back for being the biggest sellout to the corporations.
Landslide Lyndon
px75
Atlas Star
Greece

« Reply #10 on: July 01, 2016, 05:33:56 PM »

YAY!!! Let all pat Hillary on the back for being the biggest sellout to the corporations.

Mods please ban.
IceSpear
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #11 on: July 01, 2016, 05:37:31 PM »

What an insult to her over a million small donors. Sad!
Illiniwek
Junior Chimp
Vatican City State

« Reply #12 on: July 01, 2016, 11:04:06 PM »

Mods please ban.
This account no longer in use.
cxs018
Junior Chimp

« Reply #13 on: July 01, 2016, 11:25:48 PM »

Not that I agree with him, but are you seriously advocating for somebody to be banned just because he isn't part of the Clinton echo chamber?
amdcpus
« Reply #14 on: July 01, 2016, 11:40:56 PM »

Not that I agree with him, but are you seriously advocating for somebody to be banned just because he isn't part of the Clinton echo chamber?

Yes they are. Quite sad to be honest.
Dr. Arch
Arch
Atlas Icon
Puerto Rico

« Reply #15 on: July 01, 2016, 11:41:46 PM »

Yes they are. Quite sad to be honest.

I don't think they are. If they really wanted to, they would have used the report function rather than outright saying it in the thread.
Likely Voter
Moderators
Junior Chimp

« Reply #16 on: July 06, 2016, 03:24:41 PM »
« Edited: July 06, 2016, 03:37:55 PM by Likely Voter »

Trump has released some numbers...
You must be logged in to read this quote.
https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/post-politics/wp/2016/07/06/trump-raises-51-million-with-gop-in-june-including-26-million-for-his-campaign/
Ebsy
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #17 on: July 06, 2016, 03:35:35 PM »

I don't think they are legit, or if they are, he is doing is mostly through costly direct mail.
Gass3268
Moderators
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #18 on: July 06, 2016, 03:57:23 PM »

I don't think they are legit, or if they are, he is doing is mostly through costly direct mail.

Yeah, I think it would be best to wait for the FEC reports to be released at the end of the month before taking this as gospel.
Landslide Lyndon
px75
Atlas Star
Greece

« Reply #19 on: July 06, 2016, 04:16:04 PM »

No cash on hand numbers. Who wants to bet that this might be a Ben Carson-like scam operation?
Maxwell
mah519
Atlas Star
Germany

Political Matrix
E: -6.45, S: -6.96

« Reply #20 on: July 06, 2016, 04:48:23 PM »

No cash on hand numbers. Who wants to bet that this might be a Ben Carson-like scam operation?

I was about to say - That's a decent fundraising number for Mr. Trump, but it's not just about how much he raised but how much he had to spend to get there.
Virginiá
Virginia
Administratrix
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

Political Matrix

« Reply #21 on: July 16, 2016, 07:34:17 PM »
« Edited: July 16, 2016, 07:50:49 PM by Virginia »

http://www.politico.com/story/2016/07/donald-trump-fec-fundraising-225648

You must be logged in to read this quote.

Doesn't this mean Trump's campaign significantly overstated their fundraising success (or possibly lost a bunch of commitments)? He raised only a little more than half of what he stated (55 million). I'm just wondering if I missed something here.

If this is the case, then boy, the Republican party has to be nervous. Those are terrible figures for End of May/June, especially considering Trump didn't raise squat for the party before then. Both parties depend on their (presumptive) nominees bringing in the cash to bolster party operations.
Likely Voter
Moderators
Junior Chimp

« Reply #22 on: July 16, 2016, 10:20:41 PM »

When Trump released the $55m number it seemed to be combining a lot of things including money from May, money to two joint committees, actual contributions to his campaign and his own contributions. Throwing out that number was kind of a desperation move after all the bad reporting about his May fundraising. We will find out this week how much actually ended up in his campaign, but it will be a lot less than $55m and certainly less than Clinton's $40.5, but also certainly more than the $6m raised (including his own loan) in May.
Likely Voter
Moderators
Junior Chimp

« Reply #23 on: July 20, 2016, 03:23:06 PM »

as of now no numbers from Trump or Clinton or Bernie on the FEC site. But they have 7.5 hours to go.

http://docquery.fec.gov/pres/2016/Q2/
Ebsy
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #24 on: July 20, 2016, 03:23:59 PM »

The July monthlies should be posted here: http://docquery.fec.gov/pres/2016/M7/
Pages: [1] 2  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies