pre-Democratic convention discussion LATEST: Sanders supporters protesting
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 19, 2024, 08:22:09 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2016 U.S. Presidential Election
  pre-Democratic convention discussion LATEST: Sanders supporters protesting
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8
Author Topic: pre-Democratic convention discussion LATEST: Sanders supporters protesting  (Read 12180 times)
Lyin' Steve
SteveMcQueen

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #50 on: July 16, 2016, 10:19:24 AM »

Also scheduled Tuesday are Mothers of the Movement members Gwen Carr, Mother of Eric Garner; Sybrina Fulton, Mother of Trayvon Martin; Maria Hamilton, Mother of Dontré Hamilton; Lucia McBath, Mother of Jordan Davis; Lezley McSpadden, Mother of Michael Brown; Cleopatra Pendleton-Cowley, Mother of Hadiya Pendleton; Geneva Reed-Veal, Mother of Sandra Bland.

omg, why would you brand yourself with BLM during the convention?
I want to see a poll on BLM.  If their unfavorables are below 60% I'll eat my hat.
Gass3268
Moderators
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #51 on: July 16, 2016, 10:33:18 AM »

Also scheduled Tuesday are Mothers of the Movement members Gwen Carr, Mother of Eric Garner; Sybrina Fulton, Mother of Trayvon Martin; Maria Hamilton, Mother of Dontré Hamilton; Lucia McBath, Mother of Jordan Davis; Lezley McSpadden, Mother of Michael Brown; Cleopatra Pendleton-Cowley, Mother of Hadiya Pendleton; Geneva Reed-Veal, Mother of Sandra Bland.

I want to see a poll on BLM.  If their unfavorables are below 60% I'll eat my hat.

Hillary Clinton has been campaigning with these women since almost the beginning of the primary process. It would be disrespectful for her to drop them now. Also this isn't exactly BLM, this seems more powerful as these women lost children. Should be able to appeal to most mothers out there.
Lyin' Steve
SteveMcQueen

« Reply #52 on: July 16, 2016, 11:22:14 AM »

Hillary Clinton has been campaigning with these women since almost the beginning of the primary process. It would be disrespectful for her to drop them now. Also this isn't exactly BLM, this seems more powerful as these women lost children. Should be able to appeal to most mothers out there.

Yeah on second thought, the mothers are probably more measured and ok especially if they've been all together like this, I was imagining an unhinged performance like the girlfriend of that guy who was shot in his car.  And I'd they've been with Hillary then she presumably knows they won't say anything inappropriate like if they'd invited deray McKesson up there or something.
Ebsy
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #53 on: July 16, 2016, 03:52:01 PM »

So far Republicans for the most part have been unwilling to attack the mothers of people killed in these incidents. Maybe that will change, but they're probably a pretty safe group to rally around for Clinton/ the Democrats.
H.E. VOLODYMYR ZELENKSYY
Alfred F. Jones
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #54 on: July 16, 2016, 06:10:08 PM »

Yeah on second thought, the mothers are probably more measured and ok especially if they've been all together like this, I was imagining an unhinged performance like the girlfriend of that guy who was shot in his car.  And I'd they've been with Hillary then she presumably knows they won't say anything inappropriate like if they'd invited deray McKesson up there or something.

What would even bring you to say this? To denigrate a woman's reaction to her boyfriend being murdered in front of her? Disgusting.
Suburbia
bronz4141
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #55 on: July 16, 2016, 10:10:02 PM »

I wonder if Jesse Jackson or Al Sharpton will speak. Yes, both men are polarizing, but they could rouse an audience. They're good speakers. Missouri Gov. Jay Nixon should speak as well. He should speak about rural issues and heartland values.
Lyin' Steve
SteveMcQueen

« Reply #56 on: July 16, 2016, 11:41:53 PM »

What would even bring you to say this? To denigrate a woman's reaction to her boyfriend being murdered in front of her? Disgusting.

Not from the video... like a couple days later she was doing some interview and just kept saying the same stuff over and over again and being really aggressive.  I don't blame her, obviously it was a traumatic experience, but I wouldn't want her to do it again on stage at the DNC.
Badger
badger
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #57 on: July 17, 2016, 01:57:48 AM »

It doesn't appear any family members of the shot cops are speaking. Wonder if they were invited.

MT Treasurer
IndyRep
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #58 on: July 17, 2016, 10:56:56 AM »

I wonder if Jesse Jackson or Al Sharpton will speak. Yes, both men are polarizing, but they could rouse an audience. They're good speakers. Missouri Gov. Jay Nixon should speak as well. He should speak about rural issues and heartland values.

LMAO, keep it up.
Suburbia
bronz4141
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #59 on: July 17, 2016, 09:11:16 PM »

LMAO, keep it up.

What? I'm serious. Jackson and Sharpton are polarizing, but they can give good speeches.
Lyin' Steve
SteveMcQueen

« Reply #60 on: July 17, 2016, 09:31:13 PM »

LMAO, keep it up.

What? I'm serious. Jackson and Sharpton are polarizing, but they can give good speeches.

Jay Nixon gave you away.  The Ferguson governor can't get up there and talk about heartland values as though his state didn't give birth to BLM.
Suburbia
bronz4141
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #61 on: July 17, 2016, 09:56:17 PM »

LMAO, keep it up.

Jay Nixon gave you away.  The Ferguson governor can't get up there and talk about heartland values as though his state didn't give birth to BLM.

You're probably right. His political career seems over. He could probably run for House in 2018. Poor man.
Warren 4 Secretary of Everything
Clinton1996
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -1.94, S: -4.70

« Reply #62 on: July 17, 2016, 10:50:01 PM »

Anyone heard if Al Gore is speaking? I know there isn't much love lost between he and Hillary, but putting his face on national television might help remind a few Bernie or Busters what happens when you waste your vote on a third-party.
Attorney General, LGC Speaker, and Former PPT Dwarven Dragon
Dwarven Dragon
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -1.42, S: -0.52

P P P

« Reply #63 on: July 17, 2016, 11:06:40 PM »

Anyone heard if Al Gore is speaking? I know there isn't much love lost between he and Hillary, but putting his face on national television might help remind a few Bernie or Busters what happens when you waste your vote on a third-party.

Honestly I don't think a five or ten minute speech from someone who has been out of politics for 16 years is going to sway anyone who wasn't already behind Hillary. Not to mention that #BernieorBust people are mostly young people who probably don't know very much about the 2000 election - and the quick and dirty explanation of it boils down to "Really close race that depended on Florida, and the SCOTUS decided it." - Ralph Nader only comes into play in a deeper conversation, and to the uninformed person it can kind of seem like a lame excuse rather than anything with real substance - "I lost because the other guy blah blah blah". So unless Al Gore is going to outright criminalize Nader on the stage, which would look really weird, I don't think he swings a meaningful number of voters.
Interlocutor is just not there yet
Interlocutor
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: -3.48, S: -5.04

« Reply #64 on: July 18, 2016, 04:08:06 AM »

He might get some benefit from younger voters. I wouldn't be surprised if those 23 and younger knew him more from South Park and ManBearPig than anything regarding climate change or 2000
Oswald Acted Alone, You Kook
The Obamanation
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #65 on: July 18, 2016, 09:08:41 PM »

Are Lessig, Chaffee, Webb, O'Malley and Sanders going?
swf541

« Reply #66 on: July 18, 2016, 11:08:47 PM »

Are Lessig, Chaffee, Webb, O'Malley and Sanders going?

Sanders is speaking and isnt O'Malley campaigning with Clinton currently?
Santander
Atlas Star
United Kingdom

Political Matrix
E: 4.00, S: 2.61

« Reply #67 on: July 18, 2016, 11:48:25 PM »

Jim Webb isn't even voting for Clinton because he's a real Democrat.
IceSpear
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.19, S: -6.43

« Reply #68 on: July 19, 2016, 01:03:23 AM »

Jim Webb isn't even voting for Clinton because he's a real Democrat Republican.
Oswald Acted Alone, You Kook
The Obamanation
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #69 on: July 19, 2016, 01:10:38 AM »

That fix would be better if you were talking about Chafee.
Citizen (The) Doctor
ArchangelZero
United States

Political Matrix
E: -3.23, S: -4.52

« Reply #70 on: July 19, 2016, 01:26:07 AM »

Does that mean that Bernie is the keynote?
Oak Hills
United States

« Reply #71 on: July 19, 2016, 08:14:04 PM »

Jim Webb isn't even voting for Clinton because he's not a real Democrat.

Ftfy.
MK
Mike Keller
United States

« Reply #72 on: July 19, 2016, 11:22:40 PM »

I hear deceased criminal thug Michael Brown's Mother will speak at the DNC.   
The Other Castro
Castro2020
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #73 on: July 19, 2016, 11:26:35 PM »

You stay classy San Diego.
RaphaelDLG
YaBB God
United States

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #74 on: July 20, 2016, 12:14:12 AM »

Bahahaha I thought this guy was totally serious/not a troll up until this post.  I must be super gullible.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies