pre-Democratic convention discussion LATEST: Sanders supporters protesting
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 23, 2024, 01:45:24 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2016 U.S. Presidential Election
  pre-Democratic convention discussion LATEST: Sanders supporters protesting
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8
Author Topic: pre-Democratic convention discussion LATEST: Sanders supporters protesting  (Read 12186 times)
Likely Voter
Moderators
Junior Chimp

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #150 on: July 24, 2016, 01:30:58 PM »

I had always thought they would find their Zell Miller in reverse. I had predicted it would be former NJ Gov (and NeverTrumper) Christine Todd Whitman, and I'm sure they tried to get her. I guess she isn't ready to cross over to the other side.
#TheShadowyAbyss
TheShadowyAbyss
Atlas Icon
Palestinian Territory, Occupied

Political Matrix
E: -5.81, S: -3.64

« Reply #151 on: July 24, 2016, 01:45:43 PM »

CNN: DWS IN MEETING RIGHT NOW TO DISCUSS HER FUTURE
Gass3268
Moderators
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #152 on: July 24, 2016, 01:50:56 PM »

Rep. Marcia Fudge (D-Cleveland, Ohio) will be the new chair of the convention.
The Other Castro
Castro2020
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #153 on: July 24, 2016, 01:51:48 PM »

O Debbie Schultz, the pipes the pipes are calling.
Ebsy
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #154 on: July 24, 2016, 01:52:43 PM »

Unless they are actually going to can DWS, all the meetings about her future and removing her as a speaker/convention chair do more harm than good. They provide a drip drip drip of negative news articles and all sorts of false hand-wringing on the divisions within the Democratic Party.
Bojack Horseman
Wolverine22
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #155 on: July 24, 2016, 02:04:36 PM »

Frankly the DNC did the right thing all along, they just should have done a better job of containing Sanders. We as the hated establishment are the adults in the party, and we're in charge. We must tune out the base for the same reason that football coaches don't listen to what the fans in the stadium think.
Illiniwek
Junior Chimp
Vatican City State

« Reply #156 on: July 24, 2016, 02:21:36 PM »

They really should've lined up Jon Stewart to speak at the convention. He would be great at making trump look like an idiot. If he's not on the daily show anymore, what's stopping him?
Likely Voter
Moderators
Junior Chimp

« Reply #157 on: July 24, 2016, 02:27:51 PM »

They really should've lined up Jon Stewart to speak at the convention. He would be great at making trump look like an idiot. If he's not on the daily show anymore, what's stopping him?

While this isn't going to happen, I think you will see more humor in the speches at the DNC. Instead of anger and going for chants of 'lock her up', they will probably use more mockery and get people to laugh at Trump. The Keeping in 1600 podcast guys (former speech writers) noted how grim the RNC was and noted they really needed more joke writers. I suspect the Clinton campaign has made joke writers available to various speakers, probably including a number who have worked on the Daily Show and SNL.
H.E. VOLODYMYR ZELENKSYY
Alfred F. Jones
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #158 on: July 24, 2016, 02:40:20 PM »

Frankly the DNC did the right thing all along, they just should have done a better job of containing Sanders. We as the hated establishment are the adults in the party, and we're in charge. We must tune out the base for the same reason that football coaches don't listen to what the fans in the stadium think.

So are we going to give up the "Democratic Party" name or what?
Interlocutor is just not there yet
Interlocutor
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: -3.48, S: -5.04

« Reply #159 on: July 24, 2016, 02:45:32 PM »

Better to rip the band-aid off today and not have it drag out like the Melania speech. At least Bernie can say he exerted strong influence on the DNC outside of the platform additions. I'd imagine Bernie fans would celebrate her removal today more than anything else
NeverAgain
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #160 on: July 24, 2016, 02:57:49 PM »

Let's abolish voting too. Otherwise the 'adults' won't have as much of say. Democracy is overrated anyways.
Horsemask

Political Matrix
E: -1.81, S: -4.87

« Reply #161 on: July 24, 2016, 03:09:11 PM »

DWS STEPPING DOWN

Penelope
Scifiguy
United States

« Reply #162 on: July 24, 2016, 04:16:03 PM »

Wells
MikeWells12
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #163 on: July 24, 2016, 04:37:36 PM »

ag
Atlas Icon

« Reply #164 on: July 24, 2016, 04:52:32 PM »

Great news!

Hoping there will be others.
Gass3268
Moderators
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #165 on: July 24, 2016, 05:28:19 PM »

You must be logged in to read this quote.
Classic Conservative
Junior Chimp

« Reply #166 on: July 24, 2016, 05:30:08 PM »

How is Bloomberg even a republican? He's a nanny statist
mgop
« Reply #167 on: July 24, 2016, 05:34:08 PM »

and dems talk how gop is divided lol now with trump - pence ticket gop is united and dnc is falling apart. first they choose kaine and slap in the face millions of sanders supporters and now this. dont expect people who vote for sanders economic "revolution" to vote for wall street puppets, november will be easy win for trump.
HagridOfTheDeep
Junior Chimp
Canada

Political Matrix
E: -6.19, S: -4.35

« Reply #168 on: July 24, 2016, 06:20:40 PM »

It's pretty sh-tty to be relitigating Bernie Sanders' old bullsh-t over Facebook thanks to this WikiLeaks stuff. It was nice not having to be reminded how stupid some people are.
Gass3268
Moderators
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #169 on: July 24, 2016, 06:27:23 PM »

It's pretty sh-tty to be relitigating Bernie Sanders' old bullsh-t over Facebook thanks to this WikiLeaks stuff. It was nice not having to be reminded how stupid some people are.

Yeah, but Bernie and Jeff Weaver have been saying all the right things today, plus I imagine Bernie will knock his speech out of the park tomorrow night, which is help cool some of these issues.
Mr. Morden
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #170 on: July 24, 2016, 06:31:43 PM »

I had always thought they would find their Zell Miller in reverse. I had predicted it would be former NJ Gov (and NeverTrumper) Christine Todd Whitman, and I'm sure they tried to get her. I guess she isn't ready to cross over to the other side.

The thing is though, usually with these crossover speakers like Zell Miller, they only speak at the opposite party's convention if they're affirmatively enthusiastic about that opposite party's nominee.  Which #NeverTrump Republican is actually enthusiastic about Hillary Clinton?  Of the few who are entertaining voting for her, it's always because she's the least bad option.
HagridOfTheDeep
Junior Chimp
Canada

Political Matrix
E: -6.19, S: -4.35

« Reply #171 on: July 24, 2016, 06:35:55 PM »

Yeah, but Bernie and Jeff Weaver have been saying all the right things today, plus I imagine Bernie will knock his speech out of the park tomorrow night, which is help cool some of these issues.

I really appreciate the tenor of your response, Gass, because my comment above was pretty out of line. I apologize. I understand that the leaks do not help the case for the DNC's impartiality. My frustration, though, is that they are now being used to prove the BernieBros' most outrageous claims about "the rigged system," even though the e-mails don't really illuminate anything concrete at all. And it's all over my Facebook. Sigh.

I just hate that this episode seems to have so completely torn apart the tender bonds of unity that were beginning to form. I really hope you're right that Bernie can smooth things over. But to be honest, the Clinton hack in me doesn't really think he's been the best of surrogates, so I'm not really convinced he'll offer anything other than his usual stump speech. I pray that I'm wrong, because this moment was certainly powerful eight years ago. And while I don't expect Bernie to do something like that, I hope he can step up in this moment of need.
KingSweden
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #172 on: July 24, 2016, 06:42:53 PM »

Ding ding ding! As usual, a great comment by Gass. As petty as Bernie's feud with DWS seemed to be at times, in this day and age with nothing private, an impartial body can't be saying this stuff about an active candidate via emails and she had to go. Still, for the Berners who care about the man (I believe they are the majority) rather than their fantasies of revolution, his example and completion today is what I think will be he end result. They were rightly offended but pleased that the offense was punished swiftly and unequivocally.
freedomburns
FreedomBurns

Political Matrix
E: -7.23, S: -8.70

« Reply #173 on: July 24, 2016, 06:45:19 PM »

I sure can't wait to hear Bernie's speech tomorrow.

Also, not at all sad to see Debbie shown the door.  She was digging in her heels.  There is no doubt that this decision had to have come straight from Obama.
Likely Voter
Moderators
Junior Chimp

« Reply #174 on: July 24, 2016, 06:55:50 PM »

On MSNBC Clinton campaign spokesman Brian Fallon said Schultz will speak at the DNC saying "she desires the opportunity to address the delegates this week as some of her final days as DNC chairwoman, and I know that there are going to be some people that disagree with that decision, but think of the gesture she is making in a nod to party unity today. It is a huge step for her to announce that she is stepping down."  Steve Kornacki seemed dumfounded and asked "does she know what she is walking into?" Fallon said he hoped that "people are mindful" of her leaving at the end of the week... good luck with that. 
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies