Which fantasy post do you prefer?
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 25, 2024, 12:49:24 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  Which fantasy post do you prefer?
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Poll
Question: Which fantasy post do you prefer?
Option 1

Option 2

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 27

Author Topic: Which fantasy post do you prefer?  (Read 647 times)
Okay, maybe Mike Johnson is a competent parliamentarian.
Nathan
Moderators
Atlas Superstar

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: July 02, 2016, 06:42:46 PM »

Option 1:

They're heading in that direction, which is a great thing.

My dream is for the political parties to essentially become one party that has all the racists, sexists, homophobes, xenophobes, and another assorted bigots, and one party that is everybody else. Obviously, the former would be the new Republicans and the latter would be the new Democrats. Essentially, the Democrats poach away people like Torie, ShadowyAbyss, and RINO Tom, while losing people like Santander (this process has been in place and accelerating for decades now, but I'd like it to to quickly finish.) Basically, make the Republican Party an out and out hate group, and make it impossible to hide behind any vaneer of "muh fiscal responsibility" or whatever other crap. Make it a binary choice between the party of hatred and the party of non hatred. It would be very great to see just how much we're dealing with when we see what share of the vote this new Republican Party gets. I realize the Democrats would have to make some compromises on the economic issues in order to ensure the coalition remains intact, but that's a small price to pay in order to ensure that those people never get any power. We'd remain a pro-choice party of course as well, but we'd have to make some reasonable accomodations for the genuinely religious yet not outright hateful and bigoted (Mormons would be a Democratic voting bloc in this scenario, for example.) Here would be an example of a generic D vs. R map:

Option 2:

I'm pretty open to the idea of people creating an open culture for public nudity, public masturbation, and public sex. I think this should be normal. It's like Chaturbate without the internet. I also think guys and girls should familiarize with each other to the point to where there is no seemingly gender difference. I believe this will open a culture of consensuality where an individual chooses what they like sexually and by who. With less emphasis on sexuality, I think sexual behaviors will become rationalized. Young girls will have more respect for the intimacies of procreation and maybe masturbate instead of having intercourse with guys. I think it should be allowed but not to the point where everything is like sodom and gomorrah where everything is completely immoral. There should be agreed common moral boundaries, such as not using animals or those not of age. I would like to think this would bring about a world of unique etiquettes and friendships. For example, I came up with the idea that friends would casually fap with each other, regardless of gender, as if hanging outside in their own backyard. It could be a casual past time activity. I would love a society that has this feature. The less emphasis on nudity and sexuality, the more society will see each other as equal and have nothing to hide or be ashamed of. I find the idea refreshing and delightful going out for a jog in the morning without caring if I have clothes on and passing my neighbors making love in the park and me having the ability to wave at them as I pass them by. Or going to Kroger in my boxers and a robe, not fighting the morning wood, and casually doing my shopping. Or even casually masturbating while waiting at an office for my turn to go inside a room before a report. Of course that would mean people would have to bring towels, disinfectants, and wipes wherever they go, but I could see this being main stream in the future. I think maybe a good idea would be to have a social trend that nudity and sexuality in public is more for the younger generation than the older generation and for those who keep their body healthy and fit and to avoid people who are obese. I could imagine many innovations in clothing, fashion, sub culture and media would be created for companies to increase their profit margins. I mean imagine young girls using body jewelry, hair cut styles for their pubic hair, clothes that are meant to be with topless or bottomless body styles. Imagine commercialization of openly selling sexual toys (like from a vending machine), creating public rides or machines for adults that give them pleasure in public, the ability to have open showers and sleeping benches, have nude or sexualized olympics and sports, have a nude holiday, celebrate Japan's Kanamara festival in the US, and have ads or movies that feature full nude celebrities and actors. And obviously this would just be the start. Eventurally people would find this normal one day and not think anything of it. Moreover, I guess I'm open to the idea because it's always been somewhat of a fantasy of mine. I hope this doesn't sound too disturbing, but these are my opinions. I would definitely vote for it.
Associate Justice PiT
PiT (The Physicist)
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #1 on: July 02, 2016, 06:46:20 PM »

Ugh. Option 1, since it at least has a map to distract me from the horrors of the text in the post.
IceSpear
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.19, S: -6.43

« Reply #2 on: July 02, 2016, 06:48:22 PM »

Option 2, and I'm not even saying that just to be modest. That is one of the best posts in Atlas Forum history. Nothing I ever post could possibly compete.
RaphaelDLG
YaBB God
United States

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #3 on: July 02, 2016, 10:50:17 PM »

davidwhiterock27 is the literal best poster on Atlas.

Also a literal one-hit wonder!
Antonio the Sixth
Antonio V
Atlas Institution
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.87, S: -3.83

P P
« Reply #4 on: July 03, 2016, 03:26:39 AM »
« Edited: July 03, 2016, 03:38:48 AM by I did not see L.A. »

Option 2 is definitely a lot more imaginative, though kudos on Icespear for putting Utah in the D column.
#TheShadowyAbyss
TheShadowyAbyss
Atlas Icon
Palestinian Territory, Occupied

Political Matrix
E: -5.81, S: -3.64

« Reply #5 on: July 03, 2016, 03:32:06 PM »

Option 1 *shudder*
Kingpoleon
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #6 on: July 04, 2016, 03:21:29 PM »

Option one reads vaguely like a very racist white supremacist rant:
That's a small price to pay in order to ensure that those people never get any power.

"UNITE AGAINST THOSE PEOPLE, THOSE VIOLENT RIOTERS AND EXTREMISTS!"
IceSpear
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #7 on: July 04, 2016, 04:07:42 PM »

That's a small price to pay in order to ensure that those people never get any power.

I guess you read the post wrong. The white supremacists would be in the other party. Wink
Kingpoleon
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #8 on: July 05, 2016, 04:24:40 PM »

I guess you read the post wrong. The white supremacists would be in the other party. Wink

Your "tough"/(bullying) rhetoric would appeal to them, though.
IceSpear
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #9 on: July 05, 2016, 05:23:10 PM »

Your "tough"/(bullying) rhetoric would appeal to them, though.

Yes, we don't want to bully those poor oppressed racists/sexist/homophobes/xenophobes, that would be mean. Roll Eyes
An American Tail: Fubart Goes West
Fubart Solman
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #10 on: July 05, 2016, 11:31:13 PM »

Ugh. Option 1, since it at least has a map to distract me from the horrors of the text in the post.
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies