Hillary Clinton reads 'sigh' from teleprompter
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 18, 2024, 10:51:59 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2016 U.S. Presidential Election
  Hillary Clinton reads 'sigh' from teleprompter
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2]
Author Topic: Hillary Clinton reads 'sigh' from teleprompter  (Read 2155 times)
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: July 03, 2016, 02:43:47 PM »

Just your typical Wulfric thread.
Santander
Atlas Star
United Kingdom

Political Matrix
E: 4.00, S: 2.61

« Reply #26 on: July 03, 2016, 02:47:09 PM »

Uh, my mom taught me when I was like 4 to keep my comments to myself, and I would get slapped when I didn't, not praised for "speaking my mind." Is Donald Trump 4 years old? Does he need a lesson in how words have consequences, the same way first graders do? Honestly not surprised that some white guy from Germany finds bigoted and racist dog whistling funny.
That is one of the most disgusting things I've ever read on this forum.
Landslide Lyndon
px75
Atlas Star
Greece

« Reply #27 on: July 03, 2016, 02:52:33 PM »

Uh, my mom taught me when I was like 4 to keep my comments to myself, and I would get slapped when I didn't, not praised for "speaking my mind." Is Donald Trump 4 years old? Does he need a lesson in how words have consequences, the same way first graders do? Honestly not surprised that some white guy from Germany finds bigoted and racist dog whistling funny.

Bold words for someone like you.
Santander
Atlas Star
United Kingdom

Political Matrix

« Reply #28 on: July 03, 2016, 02:58:50 PM »

I've never suggested that someone was a racist or a Nazi sympathizer because of their ethnicity or nationality.
Harry
Atlas Superstar
Ukraine

« Reply #29 on: July 03, 2016, 03:03:56 PM »

I've never suggested that someone was a racist or a Nazi sympathizer because of their ethnicity or nationality.

Right, you just support candidates that make outrageous racial/ethnic generalizations. You don't make them yourself.
Virginiá
Virginia
Administratrix
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.97, S: -5.91

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #30 on: July 03, 2016, 03:12:07 PM »

Right, you just support candidates that make outrageous racial/ethnic generalizations. You don't make them yourself.

(not being sarcastic)
Santander
Atlas Star
United Kingdom

Political Matrix

« Reply #31 on: July 03, 2016, 04:12:51 PM »

Have you considered that you can support a candidate without agreeing with everything they say? How do you feel about Democrats saying "white privilege" in a tone dripping with contempt? Isn't that an outrageous racial generalization, considering the experiences of white Americans are more diverse than of any other racial group in this country?
ProudModerate2
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #32 on: July 03, 2016, 04:19:49 PM »

Have you considered that you can support a candidate without agreeing with everything they say? How do you feel about Democrats saying "white privilege" in a tone dripping with contempt? Isn't that an outrageous racial generalization, considering the experiences of white Americans are more diverse than of any other racial group in this country?

Santander,
You are starting to become known on Atlas for your "borderline sympathy" (at minimum) for racist, bigoted and xenophobic comments made by trump directly, or other trump supporters.
Attorney General, LGC Speaker & Former PPT Dwarven Dragon
Dwarven Dragon
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -1.42, S: -0.52

P P P

« Reply #33 on: July 03, 2016, 04:26:50 PM »

Pretty poor example of a Wulfric thread considering the OP.
IceSpear
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.19, S: -6.43

« Reply #34 on: July 03, 2016, 04:27:57 PM »

This thread makes me say sigh out loud.
Anna Komnene
Siren

« Reply #35 on: July 03, 2016, 04:47:47 PM »
« Edited: July 03, 2016, 05:06:25 PM by Siren »

Crooked Hillary was just trying to be funny and failed miserably. Nothing new here.

I mean, even if you're using that nickname in jest, you're quoting a known racist, bigot, xenophobic nationalist smart businessman with a tremendous intellect and political instinct who speaks his mind and doesn't care for political correctness and that reflects poorly on you. I hope you seriously re-evaluate your life choices and end up exerting better judgement in the future. Smiley

Fixed for you Wink

No.  A million times no.  I might not like some of the things President Johnson says, but they don't reflect anything on the country or most of its people at all (and really most of the things he says aren't that bad anyway...)  Please stop living in the 1940s.
Harry
Atlas Superstar
Ukraine

« Reply #36 on: July 03, 2016, 05:00:35 PM »

I've never heard any Democrats say white privilege with "a tone dripping with contempt." I mean, I'm sure someone has at some point, but Hillary and the mainstream ones don't. Are you referring to that BET awards speech or something? Or are you arguing that white privilege isn't a real thing?
This account no longer in use.
cxs018
Junior Chimp

« Reply #37 on: July 03, 2016, 05:01:09 PM »

My grandfather smoked his whole life. I was about 10 years old when my mother said to him, 'If you ever want to see your grandchildren graduate, you have to stop immediately.'. Tears welled up in his eyes when he realized what exactly was at stake. He gave it up immediately. Three years later he died of lung cancer. It was really sad and destroyed me. My mother said to me- 'Don't ever smoke. Please don't put your family through what your Grandfather put us through." I agreed. I have never touched a cigarette and never will. I must say, I feel a very slight sense of regret for never having done it, because this topic gave me cancer anyway.
Figueira
Atlas Icon

« Reply #38 on: July 03, 2016, 05:12:29 PM »

The people believing this was a mistake and not a joke are the same morons who thought Obama really believed there were 57 states.

And that Sanders really believed there were no poor white people.
Chief Justice Keef
etr906
United States

« Reply #39 on: July 03, 2016, 05:53:37 PM »

Great thread, guys.
Sprouts Farmers Market ✘
Sprouts
Atlas Icon
Italy

Political Matrix
E: -4.90, S: 1.74

« Reply #40 on: July 03, 2016, 07:33:01 PM »
« Edited: July 03, 2016, 07:35:32 PM by Sprouts Farmers Market ✘ »

I find this funny. Hillary finally injecting a laugh!

Crooked Hillary was just trying to be funny and failed miserably. Nothing new here.

I mean, even if you're using that nickname in jest, you're quoting a known racist, bigot, xenophobic nationalist smart businessman with a tremendous intellect and political instinct who speaks his mind and doesn't care for political correctness and that reflects poorly on you. I hope you seriously re-evaluate your life choices and end up exerting better judgement in the future. Smiley

Fixed for you Wink

Shocking that someone from fairytale dreamland left Coast wasn't raised properly. Stunned, I tell you.
🐒Gods of Prosperity🔱🐲💸
shua
Atlas Star
Nepal

Political Matrix
E: 1.29, S: -0.70

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #41 on: July 03, 2016, 09:38:52 PM »

Fixed for you Wink

Uh, my mom taught me when I was like 4 to keep my comments to myself

Sounds like a plan
Flake
Flo
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #42 on: July 03, 2016, 09:45:37 PM »

I say the word "sigh" all the time instead of actually sighing. Surely I'm not the only one?

No, my son does this as well and I'm getting tired of correcting him.  It's exceedingly annoying and it makes you look like a weirdo. 

Yet another reason not to support Clinton.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xMU5C-fEXA8
angus
Atlas Icon
« Reply #43 on: July 04, 2016, 09:16:34 AM »

I say the word "sigh" all the time instead of actually sighing. Surely I'm not the only one?

No, my son does this as well and I'm getting tired of correcting him.  It's exceedingly annoying and it makes you look like a weirdo. 

Yet another reason not to support Clinton.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xMU5C-fEXA8

He's a pretty good dancer.  I can't hear the words much because I'm in a chair at a waiting area near a gate at the airport and there's CNN blasting in one hear and Charlie Brown's teacher screaming in the other telling people not to leave their baggage unattended.  Weird effect too:

"Attention passengers....ISIS....we will begin our pre-boarding....in central Baghdad....for passengers who might need additional time....for planning terrorist attacks...."

I'm too lazy to dig the earbuds out, but it looks like a catchy tune.  There's also some jazz playing at Papi's bar just across the hall, but it's not the Louis Armstrong variety.  More of the Yani sort of music, so it's not pleasant at all.  It's okay, I'll be on the beach this afternoon.
Flake
Flo
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #44 on: July 04, 2016, 09:39:46 AM »

Oh, where did TRUMP make such generalizations? The mainstream media is telling us that because they don't listen to his entire speeches. Or they just don't care because they hate Big Don.

You know...saying things like Mexican immigrants are bringing drugs, saying they're rapists "somebody's doing the raping", but that's definitely not racist because he stated that "some, I assume are good people", and then spouting some strange conspiracy that the Mexican government brings them over because the United States is stupid or some bs.

Also saying things like "And I watched in Jersey City, New Jersey, where thousands and thousands of people were cheering as that building was coming down. Thousands of people were cheering." later saying "“If you look at for instance where I said the thousands of Muslims were cheering. It was true." (obviously false). He wants to ban all immigration "temporarily" Roll Eyes for people of that religion and he wants to create a tracking system for all muslims in the United States, like that is seriously close to what many other disgusting world leaders did to oppressed groups (e.g. hitler).

Donald Trump is a deranged oompa loompa with a bad spray tan who should've never ever come this close to the most powerful position in the world.
Gabagool102
Rookie
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.58, S: 1.65

« Reply #45 on: July 04, 2016, 09:41:15 AM »

Oh, where did TRUMP make such generalizations? The mainstream media is telling us that because they don't listen to his entire speeches. Or they just don't care because they hate Big Don.

You know...saying things like Mexican immigrants are bringing drugs, saying they're rapists "somebody's doing the raping", but that's definitely not racist because he stated that "some, I assume are good people", and then spouting some strange conspiracy that the Mexican government brings them over because the United States is stupid or some bs.

Also saying things like "And I watched in Jersey City, New Jersey, where thousands and thousands of people were cheering as that building was coming down. Thousands of people were cheering." later saying "“If you look at for instance where I said the thousands of Muslims were cheering. It was true." (obviously false). He wants to ban all immigration "temporarily" Roll Eyes for people of that religion and he wants to create a tracking system for all muslims in the United States, like that is seriously close to what many other disgusting world leaders did to oppressed groups (e.g. hitler).

Donald Trump is a deranged oompa loompa with a bad spray tan who should've never ever come this close to the most powerful position in the world.

Calls someone racist then makes fun of his skin tone. YOU CANT MAKE THIS UP
Flake
Flo
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #46 on: July 04, 2016, 10:06:40 AM »

Calls someone racist then makes fun of his skin tone. YOU CANT MAKE THIS UP

But that's not his skin tone, it's a botched spray tan?
Pages: 1 [2]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies