Majority of GOPers agree with TRUMP: Obama is an ISIS sympathizer
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 19, 2024, 11:39:54 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2016 U.S. Presidential Election
  Majority of GOPers agree with TRUMP: Obama is an ISIS sympathizer
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2
Author Topic: Majority of GOPers agree with TRUMP: Obama is an ISIS sympathizer  (Read 1806 times)
Landslide Lyndon
px75
Atlas Star
Greece

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: July 04, 2016, 04:22:00 AM »

BlueSwan
blueswan
Junior Chimp
Denmark

Political Matrix
E: -4.26, S: -7.30

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #1 on: July 04, 2016, 06:31:21 AM »

Man, this is crackpot stuff. The sheer stupidity amongst the general public is making me depressed.
Sir Mohamed
MohamedChalid
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #2 on: July 04, 2016, 09:05:17 AM »

What a disgrace. The level of hatred for this president is unpresented. So sad.
Devout Centrist
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -99.99, S: -99.99

P P
« Reply #3 on: July 04, 2016, 09:25:21 AM »

The vast majority of everyone else seems to think otherwise and that 29% in the Indepedent column is likely conservatives who don't identify as Republicans.
Fuzzy Says: "Abolish NPR!"
Fuzzy Bear
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #4 on: July 04, 2016, 09:30:07 AM »

I will agree that this is true, and that it is, indeed, racism that drives this.  We really have gotten to the place where many conservatives believe in Alex Jones-ian alternative universes.

Something happened to me yesterday that really shook me.  I was in church (an extremely conservative denomination, to be sure) and I was talking to a friend (whom I think highly of), who, quite casually, began talking how Obama and "the Government" are buying up closed Walmart stores and converting them into "concentration camps".  He stated that folks meet high resistance when they poke around at these "facilities".  In the midst of our conversation, another friend (whom I also think highly of) heard what he was talking about and calmly agreed.  

Neither one of these guys are idiots.  One is a native Southerner, but the other is a New Jersey native, so this is not a regional thing.  I'm sure they both believe Obama's a Muslim; that seems to be a rather tame belief nowadays, compared to things like this.  But the degree to which folks are willing to believe in alternate universes uncritically, without any kind of examination for factuality, is getting frightening.  Liberals do a degree of this as well, but, honestly, they've got nothing on these folks.  

So I confess my dilemma on Trump.  On a checklist of issues (trade, interventionism, entangling alliances, immigration) I agree with him, moreso than with any other candidate of either party.  On the other hand, Trump's contribution to the "birther" movement has never been a strong point with me, and at some point, I'd like the candidate of my choice to stop going over the top with rhetoric.  I believe that Donald Trump is a rational man, and I believe that he does what he does to maintain support; if he had run a "normal" campaign, he'd have been lost in the crowd.  But I'd like a modicum of wonkishness and "Presidentiality" in my chosen candidate, and while I'd vote for Trump today if the election were now, I wouldn't ask anyone else to at this point.
Darthpi – Anti-Florida Activist
darthpi
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.13, S: -6.87

P P P
« Reply #5 on: July 04, 2016, 11:53:02 AM »

That sure is an odd manifestation of "economic anxiety"
Ronnie
Junior Chimp
United States
« Reply #6 on: July 04, 2016, 11:59:01 AM »

Trump simply represents the base.  He's not some strange, wacky outlier or aberration like some conservatives depict.
Kingpoleon
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #7 on: July 04, 2016, 12:08:29 PM »

But the Democrats are just as bad as the Republicans! I'm sure there are dozens of examples of Democratic voters supporting conspiracy theories by 22% margins.
Have you ever heard of GMOs?

Also, didn't Ted Kennedy blatantly imply George W. was a fascist?
President Johnson
Atlas Star
Germany

Political Matrix
E: -3.23, S: -4.70

« Reply #8 on: July 04, 2016, 12:36:21 PM »

Sad!

The problem is just that Big Don never said Obama was sympathizing.
Hermit For Peace
hermit
Junior Chimp

« Reply #9 on: July 04, 2016, 12:57:01 PM »

Sad!

The problem is just that Big Don never said Obama was sympathizing.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/trump-implies-obama-supports-terrorists_us_57615eede4b05e4be8604826

You must be logged in to read this quote.
Xing
xingkerui
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.52, S: -3.91

P P P
« Reply #10 on: July 04, 2016, 01:03:04 PM »

A lot of people are quick to buy any anti-Obama comment as true. Sad!
President Johnson
Atlas Star
Germany

Political Matrix

« Reply #11 on: July 04, 2016, 01:16:24 PM »

Well, I saw an interview where TRUMP stated he did not want to imply that Obama was sympathizing.
Landslide Lyndon
px75
Atlas Star
Greece

« Reply #12 on: July 04, 2016, 01:24:03 PM »

Well, I saw an interview where TRUMP stated he did not want to imply that Obama was sympathizing.

Of course he didn't.
Mallow
United States

« Reply #13 on: July 04, 2016, 01:26:46 PM »
« Edited: July 04, 2016, 01:29:50 PM by Mallow »

Well, I saw an interview where Trump stated he did not want to imply that Obama was sympathizing.

The advantage of being a Trump supporter is that no matter what he says, he's said the opposite, too. He's like a "choose your own adventure" novel. He's a Schrödinger's Box thought experiment, and his wave function collapses on whatever you, as a Trump supporter, desire.
ProudModerate2
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #14 on: July 04, 2016, 01:30:21 PM »

I will agree that this is true, and that it is, indeed, racism that drives this.  We really have gotten to the place where many conservatives believe in Alex Jones-ian alternative universes.

Something happened to me yesterday that really shook me.  I was in church (an extremely conservative denomination, to be sure) and I was talking to a friend (whom I think highly of), who, quite casually, began talking how Obama and "the Government" are buying up closed Walmart stores and converting them into "concentration camps".  He stated that folks meet high resistance when they poke around at these "facilities".  In the midst of our conversation, another friend (whom I also think highly of) heard what he was talking about and calmly agreed.  

Neither one of these guys are idiots.  One is a native Southerner, but the other is a New Jersey native, so this is not a regional thing.  I'm sure they both believe Obama's a Muslim; that seems to be a rather tame belief nowadays, compared to things like this.  But the degree to which folks are willing to believe in alternate universes uncritically, without any kind of examination for factuality, is getting frightening.  Liberals do a degree of this as well, but, honestly, they've got nothing on these folks.  

So I confess my dilemma on Trump.  On a checklist of issues (trade, interventionism, entangling alliances, immigration) I agree with him, moreso than with any other candidate of either party.  On the other hand, Trump's contribution to the "birther" movement has never been a strong point with me, and at some point, I'd like the candidate of my choice to stop going over the top with rhetoric.  I believe that Donald Trump is a rational man, and I believe that he does what he does to maintain support; if he had run a "normal" campaign, he'd have been lost in the crowd.  But I'd like a modicum of wonkishness and "Presidentiality" in my chosen candidate, and while I'd vote for Trump today if the election were now, I wouldn't ask anyone else to at this point.

Wow.
You have some very strange people who attend your church.
Did he say what these Walmart-converted-concentration-camps were for ?
Are they supposedly in operation now, meaning that they are operating and holding people in them today ?
Who is the Gov/Obama putting in these camps (who is targeted) ?

What a very, very strange story.
Something like this would make my head spin for days.
Mallow
United States

« Reply #15 on: July 04, 2016, 01:35:49 PM »

Wow.
Are they supposedly in operation now, meaning that they are operating and holding people in them today ?

This was actually a conspiracy theory popularized a year or so ago:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jade_Helm_15_conspiracy_theories

The TX Governor was even dumb enough to think it was necessary to "monitor" the activities... even he bought into the conspiracy at least a little.
President Johnson
Atlas Star
Germany

Political Matrix

« Reply #16 on: July 04, 2016, 01:36:19 PM »

Well, I saw an interview where Trump stated he did not want to imply that Obama was sympathizing.

The advantage of being a Trump supporter is that no matter what he says, he's said the opposite, too. He's like a "choose your own adventure" novel. He's a Schrödinger's Box thought experiment, and his wave function collapses on whatever you, as a Trump supporter, desire.

TRUMP said Obama may know something we don't. That's all he said. Then the media all of a sudden came up with headlines, he would suggest that the president sympathizes with ISIS. After being asked, TRUMP declined. The same thing with white supremacists a few months ago, when they asked him three different times in a single interview whether he wants their support or not. Three times he had to say no. Sad that he's always held to lower standard.
Fuzzy Bear
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #17 on: July 04, 2016, 01:36:37 PM »

Obama doesn't "sympathize" with the terrorist, but he is rhetorically soft on those Muslims that do.  

I recognize that Obama "grew up Muslim" to a point; he was raised in an Islamic culture while in Indonesia, and he has Muslim family and friends.  I don't believe he is a Muslim.  I believe he's a loosely affiliated ecumenical Christian (who needs some serious time in Sunday School, IMO).  I do believe that he has some personal issue with calling out Radical Islamic Jihadist Terrorists by name.  Why this is the case is baffling.  Perhaps there is some strategic aspect to it.  More than likely, I believe that he does not want to offend Muslims, and, specifically, Muslims around the world that he may be acquainted with personally.  I can understand this to a point.  I do believe, however, that such considerations are secondary to reassuring Americans that he really is on their side.  It's not fair that there is this alternative universe where folks choose their facts as well as their opinions, but it's a condition of the time.  Obama's response to the times ought to be to reassure Americans who doubt before avoiding offending foreigners.
Mallow
United States

« Reply #18 on: July 04, 2016, 01:47:48 PM »

TRUMP said Obama may know something we don't. That's all he said. Then the media all of a sudden came up with headlines, he would suggest that the president sympathizes with ISIS. After being asked, TRUMP declined. The same thing with white supremacists a few months ago, when they asked him three different times in a single interview whether he wants their support or not. Three times he had to say no. Sad that he's always held to lower standard.

Quote from: Restricted
You must be logged in to read this quote.

So he declined. Then said his original insinuations were "right". Like I said, have it both ways.

"I'm not saying it was aliens, but..."
ProudModerate2
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #19 on: July 04, 2016, 02:02:46 PM »

This was actually a conspiracy theory popularized a year or so ago:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jade_Helm_15_conspiracy_theories

The TX Governor was even dumb enough to think it was necessary to "monitor" the activities... even he bought into the conspiracy at least a little.

Ahhh ... OK.
I remember "that one." I just did not know that it also included vacant (recently closed) Walmart stores in that conspiracy.

The Wikipedia page also says that :
A survey of registered Republicans by Public Policy Polling in May 2015, found that 32% thought that "the Government is trying to take over Texas", and that half of all Tea Party supporters are concerned with an imminent Texas invasion.

I'm curious if (educated) Republicans feel ashamed when they hear that a scary amount (percentage) of their own, honestly believe in such stupid conspiracy theories.
Maxwell
mah519
Atlas Star
Germany

Political Matrix
E: -6.45, S: -6.96

« Reply #20 on: July 04, 2016, 02:05:56 PM »

There is no reason to deny that this is the Trump party now, and that anyone else in it is just a guest.
Fuzzy Bear
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #21 on: July 04, 2016, 02:35:49 PM »

Wow.

The guy said he got this information "on the internet".  I would never access such a site; who knows what viruses my computer would acquire if I did.  But I'm sure this stuff is out there.

Hermit For Peace
hermit
Junior Chimp

« Reply #22 on: July 04, 2016, 02:41:04 PM »

This is excellent insight, and so true. Love it! Grin
Coolface Sock #42069
whitesox130
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix
E: 4.39, S: 2.26

« Reply #23 on: July 04, 2016, 03:06:30 PM »

This is just really bad.
Obama-Biden Democrat
Zyzz
Junior Chimp

« Reply #24 on: July 04, 2016, 03:15:41 PM »

The Republican party is a complete disgrace.
Pages: [1] 2  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies