UKIP and Green Party (of England and Wales) leadership elections, 2016 (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 01, 2024, 05:20:17 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  International Elections (Moderators: afleitch, Hash)
  UKIP and Green Party (of England and Wales) leadership elections, 2016 (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: UKIP and Green Party (of England and Wales) leadership elections, 2016  (Read 6563 times)
IceAgeComing
United Kingdom

« on: July 04, 2016, 10:31:18 AM »

If I was to be pedantic I'd say that the thread title is wrong; its the Green Party of England and Wales that's having a leadership election and the other Green parties in the UK don't vote because we are separate parties, although naturally parties that work together quite regularly.  I'd be stunned if Lucas didn't win that election though; although that's probably a name recognition thing...
IceAgeComing
United Kingdom

« Reply #1 on: July 04, 2016, 02:54:53 PM »

but is "red UKIP" even a thing?

I think all it will demonstrate is how shallow for talent UKIP actually are, especially since Farage got rid of a few people that he thought might be challengers in the past.  Carswell doesn't exactly strike me as the sort of leader that'll manage to get significant support in working class areas, and the only other person I know that's talking about standing is Coburn and I want him to win since that'd tank UKIP quite quickly and that's a good thing.

The interesting thing about the Greens leadership is that Lucas is actually standing with a running mate in order to have a co-leadership.  That's not abnormal for Green parties; its how the Scottish Greens have always worked and how they work in a fair few other European countries as well.
IceAgeComing
United Kingdom

« Reply #2 on: July 04, 2016, 03:20:32 PM »

The Greens here are broadly watermelons (helped by a big surge in membership post-independence referendum with people who lean to the left), I'm pretty sure that's broadly the case in England as well.  The Irish Greens are a lot more centrist I believe; and they are the party that stands in NI.
IceAgeComing
United Kingdom

« Reply #3 on: October 06, 2016, 07:36:36 AM »

Hope it's not too serious, sometimes things like that can happen after heated exchanges.  UKIP can't catch a break at the minute.
IceAgeComing
United Kingdom

« Reply #4 on: October 06, 2016, 07:47:59 AM »

Christ, one of the other UKIP MEPs might have a good right hook
IceAgeComing
United Kingdom

« Reply #5 on: October 06, 2016, 08:13:23 AM »

Ahahaha I probably shouldn't be laughing but that is just funny.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies