UKIP and Green Party (of England and Wales) leadership elections, 2016 (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 30, 2024, 05:40:47 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  International Elections (Moderators: afleitch, Hash)
  UKIP and Green Party (of England and Wales) leadership elections, 2016 (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: UKIP and Green Party (of England and Wales) leadership elections, 2016  (Read 6534 times)
Zinneke
JosepBroz
YaBB God
Belgium

« on: July 04, 2016, 03:02:37 PM »

Same here in Belgium, at least for the francophones. The European spitzenkandiaten for the Greens was also a double act.

The real divide in green politics here is between integrist neo-Rousseau thought and the progressive, neo-industrialist, more centrist greens. I wonder if this reflected in the UK's party. Lucas though certainly seems to be a watermelon.
Zinneke
JosepBroz
YaBB God
Belgium

« Reply #1 on: September 19, 2016, 04:45:02 PM »
« Edited: September 19, 2016, 04:46:38 PM by JosepBroz »

I was always under the impression there was more of a culture of libertarianism (which europeans call classical liberalism) in Britain more than most European countries.

This is a country that voted for Thatcher three times, a figure that UKIP adopted in No True Scotsman like manner. I know there is a great deal of mythology about Thatcher reducing state expenditure (when she did so only sparingly), but her support in places like Essex stemmed from the core classical liberal message, that coincidently happens to be UKIP's strongest performing area, and where their only MP, a libertarian, was elected. Perhaps based on his name, yes, but elected nonetheless.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies