UKIP and Green Party (of England and Wales) leadership elections, 2016 (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 30, 2024, 08:32:20 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  International Elections (Moderators: afleitch, Hash)
  UKIP and Green Party (of England and Wales) leadership elections, 2016 (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: UKIP and Green Party (of England and Wales) leadership elections, 2016  (Read 6545 times)
Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: 5.29, S: -5.04

« on: September 17, 2016, 05:28:59 PM »

The UKIP leadership election result was declared yesterday btw, and Diane James won with 46.1% of the vote. Turnout was quite poor.
Party membership is dropping rapidly, isn't it? A single issue party can't survive without it's single issue. I'd advice Diane James to begin rebranding UKIP as a libertarianish-right populist party.
Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #1 on: October 04, 2016, 08:28:33 PM »

When I said libertarian, I was meaning Libertarian (as in party), not libertarian. Something along the lines of Bill Weld. What I picture is a party that has the temperance of the Liberal Democrats (before they became irrelevant), more or less the same basic economic policies they have now but with with more emphasis on protecting workers, a more neutral policy when it comes to labor disputes, and so forth. You don't become some sort of corporatist just because you don't embrace literal anarcho-capitalism. 
Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #2 on: October 06, 2016, 06:29:54 PM »

So I just saw that UKIP is having another leadership election in six months. Wow.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies