Sanders booed by house democrats
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 23, 2024, 11:37:35 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2016 U.S. Presidential Election
  Sanders booed by house democrats
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4
Author Topic: Sanders booed by house democrats  (Read 2573 times)
Crumpets
Thinking Crumpets Crumpet
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -4.06, S: -6.52

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #50 on: July 06, 2016, 04:18:25 PM »

Dude, you're talking about people who believe everything said by HA Goodman.

Dude, even BernieBros despise H.A. Goodman.

So who are the thousands of people who watch his videos and comment about how he's the best thing since sliced bread? Hillary supporters?

I wouldn't be surprised. I can imagine getting really drunk and writing a bunch of fanboy comments on HA Goodman videos.
Maxwell
mah519
Atlas Star
Germany

Political Matrix
E: -6.45, S: -6.96

« Reply #51 on: July 06, 2016, 04:20:22 PM »

The Democrats in the house (and to a smaller extent, Bernie himself) need to stop the fighting and bury the hatchet at this point. Enough is enough.
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #52 on: July 06, 2016, 04:22:03 PM »

For someone whose preferred candidate prevailed, Lyndon sure seems to suffer from a massive pain in his anus.

Medicine is a weird science.
Chief Justice Keef
etr906
United States

« Reply #53 on: July 06, 2016, 05:13:31 PM »

For someone whose preferred candidate prevailed, Lyndon sure seems to suffer from a massive pain in his anus.

I hear he blames Antichrist Bernie for that.

I bet right now LL has a picture of Bernie's face taped to cardboard, and he spends his free time throwing darts at it. At last, he will preserve the status quo.
AelroseB

« Reply #54 on: July 06, 2016, 05:15:41 PM »

I guess this is what happens when Sanders' Ceasarist fantasy meets reality...
Fuzzy Bear
Atlas Star
United States

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #55 on: July 06, 2016, 06:35:11 PM »

Uhh since when does DCCC = HFA or the DNC? I suspect DCCC wants the list for itself, like all of the other orgs (MoveOn, the WFP, hell, Planned Parenthood Action and pretty much any lefty/democratic organization in DC).

But also, email lists are political currency these days. To the extent that Bernie has built a movement of progs within the Dem party at all over the past year, that would be totally dissolved if he handed it to any of those organizations. I understand that YOU don't want progs as an independent force within the party, but clearly the progs want to be.

The cause is the same. We need Democrats in Congress to implement a progressive agenda. I realize Bernie thinks it's as easy as waving a magic wand, but that's not quite how it works.

Hillary's agenda is progressive for some people.  It's progressive for social liberals who are economically secure.  It's not for the working class families who have suffered the most job loss under globalization.  (It's the Clinton GLOBAL Initiative, is it not?)  It's great if you're a female professional who wants an abortion on demand or wants to kick through a "glass ceiling" but it offers little or nothing to the coal miner whose job is thrown to the wind by Hillary's Environmental Elitism.  Then again, Hillary has no respect for working Americans who work dirty jobs; she only has respect for those who share her "progressive" viewpoints and her particular grievances.
Ebowed
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix
E: 4.13, S: 2.09

« Reply #56 on: July 06, 2016, 06:45:47 PM »

These idiots just have to prove Sanders' point, don't they?  You couldn't assemble a more out of touch collection of buffoons unless you were looking at the GOP caucus.

It honestly makes me wonder whether the Democratic party is even worth trying to reform.  Are a group of people who have devoted their lives to politics seriously unable to see something in it other than winning elections?  That's madness.  Even the lunatics on the other side of the aisle will admit that they are trying to reshape the country to fit their perverse theological hellscape.  A bit of ambition never killed anybody.
Panda Express

« Reply #57 on: July 06, 2016, 08:34:20 PM »

Uhh since when does DCCC = HFA or the DNC? I suspect DCCC wants the list for itself, like all of the other orgs (MoveOn, the WFP, hell, Planned Parenthood Action and pretty much any lefty/democratic organization in DC).

But also, email lists are political currency these days. To the extent that Bernie has built a movement of progs within the Dem party at all over the past year, that would be totally dissolved if he handed it to any of those organizations. I understand that YOU don't want progs as an independent force within the party, but clearly the progs want to be.

The cause is the same. We need Democrats in Congress to implement a progressive agenda. I realize Bernie thinks it's as easy as waving a magic wand, but that's not quite how it works.

Hillary's agenda is progressive for some people.  It's progressive for social liberals who are economically secure.  It's not for the working class families who have suffered the most job loss under globalization.  (It's the Clinton GLOBAL Initiative, is it not?)  It's great if you're a female professional who wants an abortion on demand or wants to kick through a "glass ceiling" but it offers little or nothing to the coal miner whose job is thrown to the wind by Hillary's Environmental Elitism.  Then again, Hillary has no respect for working Americans who work dirty jobs; she only has respect for those who share her "progressive" viewpoints and her particular grievances.

Ok, those miners didn't lose their jobs because of "globalization". They lost them because we entered the 21st century. Anyone who says they will bring back coal mining jobs are liars. It doesn't work that way.
RINO Tom
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 2.45, S: -0.52

« Reply #58 on: July 06, 2016, 09:20:25 PM »

Haven't you heard that because Trump doesn't like free trade and because Hillary Clinton is a neoliberal corporate hack, the New Democratic Party shall win all wealthy suburbanites, educated voters and, well, pretty much anyone worth a damn!
Hermit For Peace
hermit
Junior Chimp

« Reply #59 on: July 06, 2016, 09:44:05 PM »

These idiots just have to prove Sanders' point, don't they?  You couldn't assemble a more out of touch collection of buffoons unless you were looking at the GOP caucus.

It honestly makes me wonder whether the Democratic party is even worth trying to reform.  Are a group of people who have devoted their lives to politics seriously unable to see something in it other than winning elections?  That's madness.  Even the lunatics on the other side of the aisle will admit that they are trying to reshape the country to fit their perverse theological hellscape.  A bit of ambition never killed anybody.

Bernie is not a Democrat. Who set him up as the savior of that party? And why are his standards the ones that should be used? The guy has gall.
Virginiá
Virginia
Administratrix
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.97, S: -5.91

« Reply #60 on: July 06, 2016, 10:26:25 PM »

What exactly is her agenda lacking that you think these people need? I'm assuming you have taken into account that the left and right have different ideas of how to help the economy. What do you propose that Clinton isn't? (I'm legitimately asking)
heatcharger
Junior Chimp
Sweden

Political Matrix
E: -1.04, S: -0.24

« Reply #61 on: July 06, 2016, 10:43:29 PM »

EDIT FOR CLARITY: Slightly off topic, but it's interesting the amount of Independents on the board who seem to care A LOT about how good or bad of a Democrat Bernie is...

Also quite amusing seeing the former PUMAs from 2008 now say Bernie is sabotaging the party and that he's not a "real Democrat" like that actually means anything.

At this point, who cares if Bernie endorses or not? Angry Hillary supporters will say "whatever" and Sanders supporters will call him a sellout.
IceSpear
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.19, S: -6.43

« Reply #62 on: July 06, 2016, 11:15:50 PM »

EDIT FOR CLARITY: Slightly off topic, but it's interesting the amount of Independents on the board who seem to care A LOT about how good or bad of a Democrat Bernie is...

Also quite amusing seeing the former PUMAs from 2008 now say Bernie is sabotaging the party and that he's not a "real Democrat" like that actually means anything.

At this point, who cares if Bernie endorses or not? Angry Hillary supporters will say "whatever" and Sanders supporters will call him a sellout.

Uh, I think you might be a bit confused...any "PUMA" who genuinely voted for McCain/Romney is almost certainly not a Hillary supporter now. Just check Hillaryis44 and Hillbuzz if you want proof of that. To the contrary, the Dixiecrat Clinton/McCain voters heavily supported Trump and Sanders this time. And the "activist left"/"netroots" which contains many of the #BernieOrBust people were also former Obama supporters who called PUMAs sore losers who should suck it up. I'm pretty sure jfern was one of these people. Despite the fact that the race was much closer in 2008 and she arguably won the popular vote. The vast majority of current Hillary supporters supported Obama either in the primary, the general, or both.
Indy Texas
independentTX
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.52, S: -3.48

« Reply #63 on: July 06, 2016, 11:23:37 PM »

The guy still threatens a floor fight over TPP language while he knows very well that any flat out rejection will be a personal rebuke against Obama.
I think it's pretty clear by now that he doesn't give a shiite about anything else than himself.

Sometimes, a president pursues a policy that is out-and-out in contradiction to the bulk of his party.

Bush championing immigration reform got him sternly rebuked by his party.

I don't see why it would be out of the question for Obama's TPP to be rebuked by the Democrats.
IceSpear
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.19, S: -6.43

« Reply #64 on: July 06, 2016, 11:27:01 PM »

The guy still threatens a floor fight over TPP language while he knows very well that any flat out rejection will be a personal rebuke against Obama.
I think it's pretty clear by now that he doesn't give a shiite about anything else than himself.

Sometimes, a president pursues a policy that is out-and-out in contradiction to the bulk of his party.

I don't see why it would be out of the question for Obama's TPP to be rebuked by the Democrats.

Unity goes both ways.
heatcharger
Junior Chimp
Sweden

Political Matrix
E: -1.04, S: -0.24

« Reply #65 on: July 06, 2016, 11:45:27 PM »

Uh, I think you might be a bit confused...any "PUMA" who genuinely voted for McCain/Romney is almost certainly not a Hillary supporter now. Just check Hillaryis44 and Hillbuzz if you want proof of that. To the contrary, the Dixiecrat Clinton/McCain voters heavily supported Trump and Sanders this time. And the "activist left"/"netroots" which contains many of the #BernieOrBust people were also former Obama supporters who called PUMAs sore losers who should suck it up. I'm pretty sure jfern was one of these people. Despite the fact that the race was much closer in 2008 and she arguably won the popular vote. The vast majority of current Hillary supporters supported Obama either in the primary, the general, or both.

Ok I was referring to the PUMAs who eventually simmered down and voted for Obama, not the WV racists. My point is Hillary supporters who are trying to antagonize #BernieorBust folks for not wanting to circle the wagons yet are also wasting their time worrying about the optics of Bernie endorsing, when in reality it'll probably leave both sides bitter.
○∙◄☻¥tπ[╪AV┼cVê└
jfern
Atlas Institution

Political Matrix
E: -7.38, S: -8.36

« Reply #66 on: July 06, 2016, 11:47:04 PM »

I hear they threw a lot of chairs at him too. Such violent House Democrats.
Since I'm the mad scientist proclaimed by myself
omegascarlet
Junior Chimp

« Reply #67 on: July 07, 2016, 03:32:46 AM »

Though it's almost impossible to do that(gaining the house of reps) with a democrat in the white house.
Anna Komnene
Siren

« Reply #68 on: July 07, 2016, 04:00:42 AM »

Though it's almost impossible to do that(gaining the house of reps) with a democrat in the white house.

Sadly, it has more to do with gerrymandering and low turnout.  In 2014 the republicans won 57% of the seats in the House with only 52% of the popular vote.  In 2012, democrats actually got more votes than republicans in the House but republicans still had a massive majority.  Obama might have contributed to increased R turnout, but I doubt it would have been much better for dems even if Romney or McCain were president.
Landslide Lyndon
px75
Atlas Star
Greece

« Reply #69 on: July 07, 2016, 05:27:37 AM »

Bush was considered persona non grata among Republicans by then.
Obama has 90% approval among Democrats. The whole thing is nothing but Sanders acting like a dick for his self-aggrandizement.
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #70 on: July 07, 2016, 05:32:44 AM »

Had Bernie seduced LL's girlfriend or stole a golden watch from him? Our Greek friends surely harbors a lot of resentments.
Chief Justice Keef
etr906
United States

« Reply #71 on: July 07, 2016, 08:34:18 AM »

Bernie is not a Democrat. Who set him up as the savior of that party? And why are his standards the ones that should be used? The guy has gall.

Sanders has always caucused with the Democrats, he's been given committee assignments and he's also been responsible for giving Democrats a majority in the past. Not to mention he's now an official member of the Democratic Party and he'll be running as one for the remainder of his political career.
MasterJedi
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #72 on: July 07, 2016, 09:06:06 AM »

Sanders has always caucused with the Democrats, he's been given committee assignments and he's also been responsible for giving Democrats a majority in the past. Not to mention he's now an official member of the Democratic Party and he'll be running as one for the remainder of his political career.

And yet he doesn't actually care about the party in any way. He refuses to fundraise for downballot candidates and refuses to help the Democrats get young voters more active and still engaged. His "movement" is basically dead outside of a few nutters who won't support Democrats anyways and he is in danger of letting the other people who got active drift away for another 4 years.
Chief Justice Keef
etr906
United States

« Reply #73 on: July 07, 2016, 09:23:19 AM »
« Edited: July 07, 2016, 09:25:50 AM by Alpha »

And yet he doesn't actually care about the party in any way. He refuses to fundraise for downballot candidates and refuses to help the Democrats get young voters more active and still engaged. His "movement" is basically dead outside of a few nutters who won't support Democrats anyways and he is in danger of letting the other people who got active drift away for another 4 years.

Except he has supported downballot candidates. He literally sent out an email detailing an entire list of downballot candidates, including Tim Canova, Russ Feingold and Zephyr Teachout.

http://www.politico.com/story/2016/04/bernie-sanders-progressives-fundraising-221887

Along with the fact he has mobilized hundreds of thousands of young voters to register as Democrats in various states. He's also encouraged hundreds of his supporter to run as Berniecrats in all 50 states.

But ignore that if it doesn't help your case.
RINO Tom
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 2.45, S: -0.52

« Reply #74 on: July 07, 2016, 09:47:30 AM »

You must be a TRUE economic progressive if Hillary's economic agenda isn't far enough to the left for you, son.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies