Do Clinton's email claims over the last year collapse after the FBI findings?
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 19, 2024, 04:32:05 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2016 U.S. Presidential Election
  Do Clinton's email claims over the last year collapse after the FBI findings?
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Do Clinton's email claims over the last year collapse after the FBI findings?  (Read 419 times)
Chief Justice Keef
etr906
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: July 06, 2016, 11:57:06 AM »
« edited: July 06, 2016, 11:59:34 AM by Alpha »

http://hosted2.ap.org/APDEFAULT/89ae8247abe8493fae24405546e9a1aa/Article_2016-07-06-US--Clinton%20Emails-Fact%20Check/id-9eaa69a593a34a3d9f993d0f140aecbd

You must be logged in to read this quote.

Watching Comey's announcement from yesterday again, it seems like while Clinton wasn't recommended indictment by the FBI, Comey outlined plenty of evidence of the "wrongs" surrounding the server. The FBI report basically tore her a new one by decimating her email claims to the people and press (meaning she lied) and calling her and her staff careless and incompetent.

My questions are; does this have any effect on Hillary's integrity as a candidate? And are the emails still relevant despite the non-indictment?

("but trump tho" shouldn't be an answer.)
136or142
Adam T
Junior Chimp
« Reply #1 on: July 06, 2016, 12:05:59 PM »

Hillary Haters gonna hate.
Hillary Lovers gonna love and reply "but Trump though."

My guess is the vast majority of those in between won't care too much about these details but will just note that she hasn't been charged with any crime.  

Those in between who are older will likely note that both Clintons have been involved in many cases of shady behavior but neither have been charged with anything except for Bill Clinton being impeached (but not convicted) for perjury in a situation where the majority of the American public were more unhappy that the Republicans were clearly playing politics with the whole situation than with anything Bill Clinton got up to.

How those people who do take note beyond that she wasn't charged with anything but are concerned with the obvious fairly frequent questionable ethical conduct of Bill and Hillary Clinton I can't say, but my guess would be most will say "But Trump though."
Beefalow and the Consumer
Beef
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -2.77, S: -8.78

« Reply #2 on: July 06, 2016, 12:15:15 PM »

My questions are; does this have any effect on Hillary's integrity as a candidate? And are the emails still relevant despite the non-indictment?

Yes.

I will be satisfied when I receive a full narrative from Clinton and her IT staff disclosing her justification for deciding to maintain a private email server, how she used it to conduct her work and personal business, and security precautions they took.

Until then, I regard her as having put sensitive state data at risk in a reckless manner by using rogue channels of electronic communication, for God-only-knows what reason, in a way that had the potential of being untraceable and unaccountable to the American people.
Beet
Atlas Star

« Reply #3 on: July 06, 2016, 12:25:09 PM »

Except for the claim which she set up her email system because she only needed to carry one, Comey's contradictions of Clinton's statements all stem from the fact that, among over 30,000 emails, there were a small percentage that fell outside the norm, that her statements accurately characterized. It's like Clinton saying, "Everything in the documents are spelled correctly" after checking them for spelling and then Comey coming through and finding spelling errors. Her broad characterizations of 99.6% of the emails were accurate.
Ebsy
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #4 on: July 06, 2016, 12:42:05 PM »

The FBI investigation found the work related emails that weren't turned over were not were not willfully omitted, so no, she was telling the truth to the best of her knowledge.
Seriously?
United States

« Reply #5 on: July 06, 2016, 12:49:58 PM »

Yes.

I will be satisfied when I receive a full narrative from Clinton and her IT staff disclosing her justification for deciding to maintain a private email server, how she used it to conduct her work and personal business, and security precautions they took.

Until then, I regard her as having put sensitive state data at risk in a reckless manner by using rogue channels of electronic communication, for God-only-knows what reason, in a way that had the potential of being untraceable and unaccountable to the American people.
You'll never get the honest answer. She wanted to structure things to avoid public scrutiny. Not to mention the investigation that is still ongoing over influence peddling and the Clinton Foundation.
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies