United Alternative (BY-LAWS)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 18, 2024, 07:04:52 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  United Alternative (BY-LAWS)
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7
Author Topic: United Alternative (BY-LAWS)  (Read 8024 times)
Deblano
EdgarAllenYOLO
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: July 07, 2016, 11:44:13 AM »
« edited: July 07, 2016, 11:47:30 AM by EdgarAllenYOLO »

I may lean as somewhat centrist on the political spectrum, but I'm not entirely comfortable with the idea of creating a purely "centrist" party (aka see the "Moderate Hero" fallacy as explained on this forum a lot Tongue).

Wisconsin+17
Ben Kenobi
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #26 on: July 07, 2016, 12:34:37 PM »

So let me get it straight. We have a party for the centre party. We have another party for the centre party, we have the Federalists who are centrist and the Labor party which is the left.

That's, by my count 4, count 'em 4 social liberal parties.

:zzz:
Wisconsin+17
Ben Kenobi
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #27 on: July 07, 2016, 12:40:45 PM »

You must be logged in to read this quote.

It would be nice to have a little bit of political diversity sans all the social liberal nonsense here. I wouldn't mind being the Atlasian Farage if it meant that I had some clout as to what decisions were made. I left because I realized that no matter what happened, social conservativism took a backseat to social liberalism in the Fed party.

I don't honestly see what the liberaltarians are bitching about here.
Senator Cris
Cris
Junior Chimp
Italy

« Reply #28 on: July 07, 2016, 01:53:40 PM »

I may lean as somewhat centrist on the political spectrum, but I'm not entirely comfortable with the idea of creating a purely "centrist" party (aka see the "Moderate Hero" fallacy as explained on this forum a lot Tongue).

The idea was and is that of creating a new centre to centre-right party with the same values of Civic Renewal, but at the same time if some centre to centre-left voters who are not satisfied with the current centre-left parties want to join, our doors are open! Smiley
Goldwater
Republitarian
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 1.55, S: -4.52

« Reply #29 on: July 07, 2016, 04:03:32 PM »

The name "National Party" gives off a pretty right-wing impression, IMO.
SUSAN CRUSHBONE
evergreen
Junior Chimp
Antarctica

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #30 on: July 07, 2016, 04:55:52 PM »

The name "National Party" gives off a pretty right-wing impression, IMO.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/New_Zealand_National_Party

Either way it was just a concept. I was also leaning towards the "Atlasia Party".

good idea, then we can call you the "know-nothings" Grin
Unconditional Surrender Truman
Harry S Truman
Atlas Icon

« Reply #31 on: July 07, 2016, 07:19:27 PM »

If y'all are looking for a name, I suggest "Gallant Order of Liberty - Alernative Bloc Of Righteousness." It could be listed by its acronym on the ballot.
Kingpoleon
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #32 on: July 07, 2016, 07:48:42 PM »

I'd like to suggest the Reform Party or, better yet, the Alternative Party. I usually dislike names involving the politics in the name.
Kingpoleon
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #33 on: July 07, 2016, 10:48:06 PM »

I almost suggested the United Alternative. Let's get a list of different proposals flowing.

I nominate Cris for Chair, and propose this as a rough draft of our timeline:
I. Elect Chair
II. Platform
 A. Have five different names approved by Chair or Steering Committee and voted on
 B. Come up with logo, slogan, and etc.
 C. Write a description
III. Have a three or four man Steering Committee for future decisions and such elected
Simfan34
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.90, S: 4.17

« Reply #34 on: July 08, 2016, 01:58:34 AM »

The new party will be DOA as are most centrist parties not built around the personality cult of The People

I agree! Hence why I support the New People's Party!
Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #35 on: July 08, 2016, 02:44:47 AM »

You must be logged in to read this quote.

It would be nice to have a little bit of political diversity sans all the social liberal nonsense here. I wouldn't mind being the Atlasian Farage if it meant that I had some clout as to what decisions were made. I left because I realized that no matter what happened, social conservativism took a backseat to social liberalism in the Fed party.

I don't honestly see what the liberaltarians are bitching about here.

And there in lies the point, Farage is basically irrelevant. If a Brexiteer is PM, it will be a Tory Party member like Johnson or Gove.

What is the point in a movement that limits itself to 25% max, and can never win or accomplish anything. What will happen is most of its members will bleed off through attrition, weakening the right overall and empowering the left causing not only leftist victories on the areas you complain about, but also those social issues the right can presently win on as well as all manner of issues related to foreign policy, economics and gov't.

There is a reason Adam loves having you in Labor, it is because he wants to use you as a conservative grenade he can use to sabotage the whole of conservatism and also those who have a chance at accomplishing stuff like Pingvin, JCL, Classic and Santander. I find it deeply disturbing you have willingly become a tool of the left bent on sabotaging those four and others. The only thing you will possibly achieve is causing them to lose what they seek to accomplish, leaving them fed up and marching off to deregister.

This is a game, you don't participate just to shout what you are and have nobody listen. You participate to accomplish stuff and if you cannot accomplish stuff, you leave. I have seen a conservative exodus play out for years as they got sick of leftist dominance and stunts like those pulled by Adam pulling the rug out of from under them. It is why Atlasia has had like 4 non-liberal/non-leftists Presidents in the last eight years. People like Brandonh, True Conservative, A-bob, and so on. All of them of conservative (social conservative at that), all of them got fed up and desiring to get out and focus on RL and all of them now long gone. I'll be damned if the four of those above get added to that list.
Lumine
LumineVonReuental
Atlas Icon
« Reply #36 on: July 08, 2016, 01:04:09 PM »

Not to be rude, but it is getting old to see the same people flood the same threads with the same long exposition as to why we need two parties or why supposedly the electoral analysis says they are destined to this or that fate. At the very least, give it a chance to the people who are indeed interested to speak up on it.

x LumineVonReuental

I remain convinced a party placed between Labor and the Federalists is a good idea, and seeing the variances between past parties in said position I definetly argue that you don't need to base it on "moderate heroism" in order to be successful. It's a debate we will have later, but I think at this stage it is clear that the interest is there for alternatives to what would be a (boring) two-party system. Some people might be interested in something more left-wing than what most of us here have in mind, and that's perfectly fine. But the interest is there.

I'll try to present a logo or name of mine, but a variation of "Alternative" sounds novel to me. Kingpoleon's timeline seems suitable, and I would definetly support Cris as the chair.
Illiniwek
Junior Chimp
Vatican City State

« Reply #37 on: July 08, 2016, 01:51:43 PM »

x Illiniwek
NHI
Junior Chimp

« Reply #38 on: July 08, 2016, 06:58:47 PM »

X NHI
GAworth
United States

« Reply #39 on: July 08, 2016, 07:18:30 PM »

As a former Chair of the Progressive Union, I can definitely say that it was a personality cult based party. I am interested to see how this gets off the ground, but I will watch from the sidelines for now.
rpryor03
Bahamas

« Reply #40 on: July 08, 2016, 07:46:53 PM »

X rpryor03
Kingpoleon
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #41 on: July 08, 2016, 09:40:05 PM »

It's not like we have a super strong personality in the party. Cris and Lumine balance each other out, followed by rpryor. Then you have me, NHI, Abraham Washington, and Illiniwek.

Abraham Washington, could you give the person just a rounded head? That looks a little masculine right now.
Senator Cris
Cris
Junior Chimp
Italy

« Reply #42 on: July 09, 2016, 07:18:59 AM »

As of right now, 7 people are joining the new party. It's a good results and also there are other people who haven't joined but that are interested and I'm confident they'll join in the next days.

I hereby open a 48-hours period for nominations for Chair of the new party.
rpryor03
Bahamas

« Reply #43 on: July 09, 2016, 11:42:16 AM »

I nominate Cris.
Deblano
EdgarAllenYOLO
United States

« Reply #44 on: July 09, 2016, 01:23:34 PM »

Concept idea for the name and the party logo. What do you guys think?

I like it.
This account no longer in use.
cxs018
Junior Chimp

« Reply #45 on: July 09, 2016, 01:28:20 PM »

Honestly, National Party makes it sound more far-right than moderate.
Deblano
EdgarAllenYOLO
United States

« Reply #46 on: July 09, 2016, 02:12:52 PM »

I don't understand, it refers to a moderate party for all Atlasians, not to right wing Nationalism.

I think what he is referring to is how some political parties that were in the right-wing/far-right spectrum were called the National Party.

For example, South Africa's National Party, which had majority political rule throughout most of the apartheid era.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/National_Party_(South_Africa)

However, not all "National Parties" are far-right, racial supremacist ones. The National Party of Australia is not far-right, and is pretty much a smaller version of the Australian Liberal Party, but with an agrarian slant.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/National_Party_of_Australia

I'm not saying you should change the name, I was just clarifying what he meant.
Deblano
EdgarAllenYOLO
United States

« Reply #47 on: July 09, 2016, 02:17:39 PM »

Do we have a specific party color, or not really (such as how the US democrats are blue, Republicans are Red, etc.)?
This account no longer in use.
cxs018
Junior Chimp

« Reply #48 on: July 09, 2016, 02:19:12 PM »

Well, Laborites are maroon, Federalists are orangered, and Democrat-Republicans are teal if I recall correctly, so any other colors are open.
Deblano
EdgarAllenYOLO
United States

« Reply #49 on: July 09, 2016, 03:17:43 PM »

I don't understand, it refers to a moderate party for all Atlasians, not to right wing Nationalism.

I think what he is referring to is how some political parties that were in the right-wing/far-right spectrum were called the National Party.

For example, South Africa's National Party, which had majority political rule throughout most of the apartheid era.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/National_Party_(South_Africa)

However, not all "National Parties" are far-right, racial supremacist ones. The National Party of Australia is not far-right, and is pretty much a smaller version of the Australian Liberal Party, but with an agrarian slant.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/National_Party_of_Australia

I'm not saying you should change the name, I was just clarifying what he meant.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/New_Zealand_National_Party

This was where I got the inspiration for the name, a centre right NZ political party, whose leader, (NZ Prime Minister John Key) is a centrist and socially liberal.

Ah. That makes sense.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies