IN-GOV: Which Republican replaces Mike Pence if he is selected as Trump's VP?
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 18, 2024, 01:58:20 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Gubernatorial/State Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  IN-GOV: Which Republican replaces Mike Pence if he is selected as Trump's VP?
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2]
Author Topic: IN-GOV: Which Republican replaces Mike Pence if he is selected as Trump's VP?  (Read 3578 times)
MyRescueKittehRocks
JohanusCalvinusLibertas
Junior Chimp
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: July 18, 2016, 02:50:54 PM »

Should go to Stutzman. Why can't Indiana have a Matt Bevin type. His only crime was not bowing to Bohner in the speaker vote (something that merits high praise from me). I respect Rokita but Stutzman needs to get this one.

Stutzman would lose to Gregg.

Stutzman would destroy Gregg.
IceSpear
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.19, S: -6.43

« Reply #26 on: July 18, 2016, 03:12:55 PM »

Should go to Stutzman. Why can't Indiana have a Matt Bevin type. His only crime was not bowing to Bohner in the speaker vote (something that merits high praise from me). I respect Rokita but Stutzman needs to get this one.

Just like Young, Donnelly, and Trump got crushed, right?
This account no longer in use.
cxs018
Junior Chimp

« Reply #27 on: July 18, 2016, 03:41:31 PM »

Just like how Stutzman destroyed Todd Young?
Kingpoleon
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #28 on: July 18, 2016, 05:20:08 PM »

He thinks Cruz was rigged out of the nomination. He probably thinks Stutzman had it rigged against him, too.
This account no longer in use.
cxs018
Junior Chimp

« Reply #29 on: July 18, 2016, 09:24:17 PM »

He thinks Cruz was rigged out of the nomination. He probably thinks Stutzman had it rigged against him, too.

Ah, yes. Those lamestream lieberal medias, always rigging it against the true constitution lovers.
MyRescueKittehRocks
JohanusCalvinusLibertas
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #30 on: July 21, 2016, 09:39:05 PM »

Actually, there is evidence to prove Stutzman was screwed over. He stood against both Bohner and Paul Ryan and voted for a more conservative speaker. Young got it because he supported Bohner and Paul Ryan. Stutzman should've won on merit of being the best of the Indiana delegation (look at conservativereview.com for my evidence).
Kingpoleon
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #31 on: July 21, 2016, 09:49:29 PM »

Actually, there is evidence to prove Stutzman was screwed over. He stood against both Bohner and Paul Ryan and voted for a more conservative speaker. Young got it because he supported Bohner and Paul Ryan. Stutzman should've won on merit of being the best of the Indiana delegation (look at conservativereview.com for my evidence).

... Are you really implying voter fraud?
IceSpear
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.19, S: -6.43

« Reply #32 on: July 22, 2016, 05:16:39 PM »

AYYYYYYYYYY
Maxwell
mah519
Atlas Star
Germany

Political Matrix
E: -6.45, S: -6.96

« Reply #33 on: July 22, 2016, 05:17:41 PM »

yeah but this isn't a IF JCL LIKES YOU MORE, YOU WIN. It's a democracy. Your candidate got SMOKED.
SATW
SunriseAroundTheWorld
Junior Chimp
United States
« Reply #34 on: July 23, 2016, 01:04:49 AM »

Honestly, I was at a dinner where Marlin Stutzman spoke earlier this year and left with a very negative opinion of the man.

I'm so glad Young won the nomination and am even more glad Stutzman isn't considering this either.
Heisenberg
SecureAmerica
United States

« Reply #35 on: July 23, 2016, 01:10:23 AM »

Honestly, I was at a dinner where Marlin Stutzman spoke earlier this year and left with a very negative opinion of the man.

I'm so glad Young won the nomination and am even more glad Stutzman isn't considering this either.
I totally agree with you on this. I watched the Senate primary debate between the two and You g came across as far more formal and professional. Stutzman is Indiana's Cuccinelli/Buck, and would lose either statewide race. Young has a chance against Bayh, and either Brooks or Holcomb would do great. I'm not so sure who gets nominated, nor do I have a favorite right now, but at the moment I'm leaning towards Brooks.
SATW
SunriseAroundTheWorld
Junior Chimp
United States
« Reply #36 on: July 23, 2016, 12:42:12 PM »

I totally agree with you on this. I watched the Senate primary debate between the two and You g came across as far more formal and professional. Stutzman is Indiana's Cuccinelli/Buck, and would lose either statewide race. Young has a chance against Bayh, and either Brooks or Holcomb would do great. I'm not so sure who gets nominated, nor do I have a favorite right now, but at the moment I'm leaning towards Brooks.

Agreed. I think Stutzman is smarter than Cuch or Buck but he'd still do very bad in the general.

From Brooks, Rokita or Holcomb, I think I'd prefer Brooks, as well.
tmthforu94
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix
E: -0.26, S: -4.52

P P P
« Reply #37 on: July 23, 2016, 01:58:10 PM »

Holcomb got three big endorsements this week from Pence, David Long (Senate PPT) and Dan Coats: http://www.theindychannel.com/news/politics/amid-gop-endorsements-who-is-eric-holcomb

At this point, I would say he is the favorite and will likely be chosen.
windjammer
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
France

« Reply #38 on: July 23, 2016, 02:00:04 PM »

Holcomb got three big endorsements this week from Pence, David Long (Senate PPT) and Dan Coats: http://www.theindychannel.com/news/politics/amid-gop-endorsements-who-is-eric-holcomb

How strong is he honestly?
He seems to be so untested
tmthforu94
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #39 on: July 23, 2016, 02:03:46 PM »

I personally think Brooks is stronger, but he can win - he'll be a much better governor than Pence has been. Ironic that the guy who was in last place in the Senate GOP primary (in a race they may very well lose) is now potentially going to be the most powerful person in the state. Holcomb definitely played his cards right with all of this - a lucky man.
Heisenberg
SecureAmerica
United States

« Reply #40 on: July 23, 2016, 02:05:08 PM »

^Didn't Holcomb drop out of the Senate race before the primary?
windjammer
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
France

« Reply #41 on: July 23, 2016, 02:12:32 PM »

I personally think Brooks is stronger, but he can win - he'll be a much better governor than Pence has been. Ironic that the guy who was in last place in the Senate GOP primary (in a race they may very well lose) is now potentially going to be the most powerful person in the state. Holcomb definitely played his cards right with all of this - a lucky man.
Do you rate the Gubernational race as Toss up R edge or Lean rep?
I'm curious.
tmthforu94
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #42 on: July 23, 2016, 02:44:09 PM »

^Didn't Holcomb drop out of the Senate race before the primary?
Yes, but based on the limited polling and fundraising numbers, he was in third place and nothing suggests to me that he would have risen above that.

Do you rate the Gubernational race as Toss up R edge or Lean rep?
I'm curious.
I'd rate it as a toss-up until the race stabilizes and we see some polling. I think the Republicans will ultimately win here, though.
Senator Cris
Cris
Junior Chimp
Italy

« Reply #43 on: July 24, 2016, 07:05:41 AM »

He was in last place in the Republican primary for Senate, he dropped out and then was nominated as Lieutenant Governor. Now Pence's out and he has serious chances to be Governor.
Next step: the presidency!
tmthforu94
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #44 on: July 26, 2016, 10:26:08 AM »

All candidates have spoken before the committee. A decision should be announced within the next hour or two.
Senator Cris
Cris
Junior Chimp
Italy

« Reply #45 on: July 26, 2016, 12:00:09 PM »

It's Holcomb!
Heisenberg
SecureAmerica
United States

« Reply #46 on: July 26, 2016, 12:11:59 PM »

I can live with that, I guess. I wonder how he'll do against Gregg.
Pandaguineapig
United States

« Reply #47 on: July 26, 2016, 12:15:19 PM »

Probably narrow win on trumps coattails
Mister Mets
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #48 on: July 27, 2016, 05:22:06 PM »

He was in last place in the Republican primary for Senate, he dropped out and then was nominated as Lieutenant Governor. Now Pence's out and he has serious chances to be Governor.
Next step: the presidency!
Yeah, Holcomb's had a good turnaround.
MyRescueKittehRocks
JohanusCalvinusLibertas
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #49 on: July 30, 2016, 06:06:00 PM »

What turned you off to him?
Pages: 1 [2]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies