IN-GOV: Which Republican replaces Mike Pence if he is selected as Trump's VP? (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 01, 2024, 01:04:27 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Gubernatorial/State Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  IN-GOV: Which Republican replaces Mike Pence if he is selected as Trump's VP? (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: IN-GOV: Which Republican replaces Mike Pence if he is selected as Trump's VP?  (Read 3606 times)
tmthforu94
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix
E: -0.26, S: -4.52

P P P
« on: July 07, 2016, 11:02:45 AM »

Eric Holcomb and Greg Ballard are the clear frontrunners, though Lloyd Winnecke and Todd Rokita are dark horse picks and both seem to be interested. My preference is for Winnecke, though in a perfect world, I would love to see Skillman come out of retirement and run. Smiley Winnecke has been a relatively moderate mayor who I think would keep Indiana out of the spotlight on social issues - he is much more of a Daniels than a Pence.
tmthforu94
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #1 on: July 23, 2016, 01:58:10 PM »

Holcomb got three big endorsements this week from Pence, David Long (Senate PPT) and Dan Coats: http://www.theindychannel.com/news/politics/amid-gop-endorsements-who-is-eric-holcomb

At this point, I would say he is the favorite and will likely be chosen.
tmthforu94
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #2 on: July 23, 2016, 02:03:46 PM »

Holcomb got three big endorsements this week from Pence, David Long (Senate PPT) and Dan Coats: http://www.theindychannel.com/news/politics/amid-gop-endorsements-who-is-eric-holcomb

How strong is he honestly?
He seems to be so untested
I personally think Brooks is stronger, but he can win - he'll be a much better governor than Pence has been. Ironic that the guy who was in last place in the Senate GOP primary (in a race they may very well lose) is now potentially going to be the most powerful person in the state. Holcomb definitely played his cards right with all of this - a lucky man.
tmthforu94
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #3 on: July 23, 2016, 02:44:09 PM »

^Didn't Holcomb drop out of the Senate race before the primary?
Yes, but based on the limited polling and fundraising numbers, he was in third place and nothing suggests to me that he would have risen above that.

How strong is he honestly?
He seems to be so untested
I personally think Brooks is stronger, but he can win - he'll be a much better governor than Pence has been. Ironic that the guy who was in last place in the Senate GOP primary (in a race they may very well lose) is now potentially going to be the most powerful person in the state. Holcomb definitely played his cards right with all of this - a lucky man.
Do you rate the Gubernational race as Toss up R edge or Lean rep?
I'm curious.
I'd rate it as a toss-up until the race stabilizes and we see some polling. I think the Republicans will ultimately win here, though.
tmthforu94
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #4 on: July 26, 2016, 10:26:08 AM »

All candidates have spoken before the committee. A decision should be announced within the next hour or two.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies