Which Obama cabinet members will Hillary keep?
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 04:14:32 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2016 U.S. Presidential Election
  Which Obama cabinet members will Hillary keep?
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Which Obama cabinet members will Hillary keep?  (Read 410 times)
Sir Mohamed
MohamedChalid
Atlas Star
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: July 07, 2016, 09:14:05 AM »

Which cabinet secretaries will Hillary keep once she’s in? I think that Loretta Lynch will stay on as Attorney General and Julian Castro, if not VP, will either keep his position or get another department. Ash Carter might also remain at Defense for at least a few months.
Gass3268
Moderators
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #1 on: July 07, 2016, 09:30:55 AM »

Lynch staying at the DOJ seems like a lock. Perez is also a lock to stay in the cabinet, but he could get a promotion. Castro staying seems likely.
🦀🎂🦀🎂
CrabCake
Atlas Icon
Kiribati

« Reply #2 on: July 07, 2016, 09:43:19 AM »

If I was to guess three: King, Lynch and Perez.

136or142
Adam T
Junior Chimp
« Reply #3 on: July 07, 2016, 04:44:11 PM »

I can't see Lynch staying on after her meeting with Bill Clinton and the obvious questions retaining her would bring up.  Unfortunate because I thought she was doing excellent work on the FIFA investigation.

Those who have served the least amount of time would be the likeliest to remain, so Ash Carter at Defense and possibly Robert (Bob) MacDonald at Veterans Affairs.  MacDonald seemed like a lock as well but the new report detailing that some problems at his Department have gotten worse since he took over could mean that Hillary Clinton would want somebody new.

Ash Carter seems to be doing pretty well with the steady military defeat of ISIL in Iraq and Syria.

I could also see Julian Castro moving from Housing and Urban Development to Transportation.

I don't think the acting Secretary of Education will be asked to stay on, though what do I know?

Finally, I'm pretty sure Thomas Perez wants to run for Governor of Maryland in 2018, so I doubt he'll want to stay on.
ProudModerate2
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #4 on: July 07, 2016, 05:09:21 PM »

I hope Kerry stays, but I doubt he would like to continue as SoS.
The job is very demanding. Sometimes I think the SoS is more so, than the President's job.
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies