Would you be offended by your workplace showing Family Guy on the break room TV? (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 01:11:07 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  Would you be offended by your workplace showing Family Guy on the break room TV? (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Poll
Question: Would you be offended by your workplace showing Family Guy on the break room TV?
Yes

No

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 50

Author Topic: Would you be offended by your workplace showing Family Guy on the break room TV?  (Read 1234 times)
Chancellor Tanterterg
Mr. X
Moderators
Atlas Star
United States

« on: July 07, 2016, 07:18:02 PM »

This.  I'd also change the channel, tbh.
Chancellor Tanterterg
Mr. X
Moderators
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #1 on: July 07, 2016, 10:19:44 PM »

It's playing via a connected computer, playing DVDs and downloaded episodes. So you can only do something like that if you have access to the computer which is not in the break room. Not possible!

The break room where I work has this thing called a remote that lets you change the channel just by pushing a button. 
Chancellor Tanterterg
Mr. X
Moderators
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #2 on: July 09, 2016, 07:14:03 AM »

It's playing via a connected computer, playing DVDs and downloaded episodes. So you can only do something like that if you have access to the computer which is not in the break room. Not possible!

The break room where I work has this thing called a remote that lets you change the channel just by pushing a button. 

OK but mine doesn't. And leaving a remote out for the TV is just asking for it to be lost within a week in a public place like that.

Look, it should be pretty obvious that letting employees manage the TV themselves is just asking for it to have the connection lost without knowing how to get it put back up. This way only HR can change it, which prevents that from occuring.

Actually, it has never caused any issues and no one has tried to steal the remote Tongue  *shrug*  I agree that Inksholes who complain about this sort of stuff to HR suck though.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies