SC: Legislative Naming Act (Statute) (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 04:36:26 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Government
  Regional Governments (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  SC: Legislative Naming Act (Statute) (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: SC: Legislative Naming Act (Statute)  (Read 1367 times)
Leinad
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.03, S: -7.91

« on: July 08, 2016, 04:29:12 AM »

FTR, I much prefer "Chamber of Delegates."

"Assembly" is boring and creates really cumbersome and inconsistent names.
Leinad
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #1 on: July 08, 2016, 10:02:45 PM »

I prefer the term "Deputy" over "Delegate".

That would work if the Legislature genuinely prefers it, but I'd probably think of Barney Fife every time I see the word. Tongue
Leinad
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #2 on: July 09, 2016, 04:05:37 AM »

Does everyone prefer Chamber of Deputies then?  or does anyone prefer Chamber of Delegates or something else?  To be honest, I don't really prefer one over the other and could go either way.
I don't really like Chamber of Deputies, but I don't really mind calling it that.

Don't ask what you think about one thing, compare both.

Of all 5 of you, who prefers "Chamber of Delegates?" Who prefers "Chamber of Deputies?" I prefer the former (Delegates), but I am not a member of this body, regardless of it's name.

Anyway, I must ask that you vote against "Assembly." Why?

-It's boring.

-It's the most unoriginal thing you could call it. The other two regions have literally already gone with this name! This is basically voluntarily accepting the abysmal vision of cookie-cutter regions advocated by some at the ConCon.

-It's cumbersome. "Assemblyman" and "Assemblywoman" are hard to say. If you're so stubbornly stuck on "Assembly," make it "MLA" (Members of the Legislative Assembly)--it's unique at least. "Delegate" and "Deputy" roll of the tongue much better than "Assemblyman" or "Assemblywoman" and are gender-neutral (which means you can use the term generically).
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies