SC: Legislative Naming Act (Statute) (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 01:18:25 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Government
  Regional Governments (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  SC: Legislative Naming Act (Statute) (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: SC: Legislative Naming Act (Statute)  (Read 1366 times)
Associate Justice PiT
PiT (The Physicist)
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

« on: July 07, 2016, 09:18:26 PM »

I will mention for the sake of information, "Assembly" was the original default term popularized by the old Mideast Assembly, which was the first elected regional legislative body in the country. The usage of "Legislature" as a generic term in fact postdates the foundation of the Southern Legislature, and has been a major point of pride for our region for some time now.

With that said, using "Chamber of Delegates" to recapture that original uniqueness intrigues me greatly.
Associate Justice PiT
PiT (The Physicist)
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #1 on: July 11, 2016, 12:42:35 PM »

If the bill passes in its current form then I will veto it.
Associate Justice PiT
PiT (The Physicist)
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #2 on: July 12, 2016, 01:53:02 PM »

I agree with President Leinad's argument here, basically. I have nothing against Assembly, other than that every other region is doing it. We have always been different, in this regard and others, and I would prefer that we continue being different.
Associate Justice PiT
PiT (The Physicist)
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #3 on: July 12, 2016, 02:55:33 PM »

I agree with President Leinad's argument here, basically. I have nothing against Assembly, other than that every other region is doing it. We have always been different, in this regard and others, and I would prefer that we continue being different.
What is your personal preference on what the legislature is called? I would honestly be perfectly fine if we kept it as the southern legislature.

I like the other options on the table, and under other conditions I would like Assembly as well. I just take issue with it now because of how it has become the most generic option available to us.
Associate Justice PiT
PiT (The Physicist)
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #4 on: July 18, 2016, 01:28:55 PM »

X PiT, South Governor
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies