BREAKING: Shots fired at BLM protest in downtown Dallas, TX
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 19, 2024, 09:02:03 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  BREAKING: Shots fired at BLM protest in downtown Dallas, TX
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6
Author Topic: BREAKING: Shots fired at BLM protest in downtown Dallas, TX  (Read 12900 times)
Taco Truck 🚚
Schadenfreude
Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #100 on: July 09, 2016, 12:36:31 AM »

I've been busy to say the least here in ATL Wink

But Here a interesting story that I found during some investigating of the MN shooting .  I am not going to spectate anything further until more facts are present.   BUT...

[urlhttp://eastsidereviewnews.com/articles/2016/07/05/armed-robbers-hit-lauderdale-convenience-store][/url]

I will say the Baton Rouge incident looks 100% justified.  You don't take any chances fighting with a 300lbs man on the ground with a gun... doest matter if its in his pocket or not.   From what I see of the video it appears he attempted to retrieve it.   He's a convicted felon with a gun and actively resisted the police.  Stupid games will always win you stupid prizes and seems his was a 1st class ticket to the land of 6 feet under.   Nobody to blame but himself. 

Thank you for signing off on this killing of a black man.  I'm glad you are privy to information even the FBI doesn't have yet.  So comforting to know good white people like you can shut the books on stuff like this within 48hrs with just the information you google on the internet.  With people like you on the case it is strange BLM even exists.  Such thoughtful consideration of a slain man.  Good job.
MK
Mike Keller
United States

« Reply #101 on: July 09, 2016, 12:48:56 AM »

But Here a interesting story that I found during some investigating of the MN shooting .  I am not going to spectate anything further until more facts are present.   BUT...

[urlhttp://eastsidereviewnews.com/articles/2016/07/05/armed-robbers-hit-lauderdale-convenience-store][/url]

I will say the Baton Rouge incident looks 100% justified.  You don't take any chances fighting with a 300lbs man on the ground with a gun... doest matter if its in his pocket or not.   From what I see of the video it appears he attempted to retrieve it.   He's a convicted felon with a gun and actively resisted the police.  Stupid games will always win you stupid prizes and seems his was a 1st class ticket to the land of 6 feet under.   Nobody to blame but himself. 

Thank you for signing off on this killing of a black man.  I'm glad you are privy to information even the FBI doesn't have yet.  So comforting to know good white people like you can shut the books on stuff like this within 48hrs with just the information you google on the internet.  With people like you on the case it is strange BLM even exists.  Such thoughtful consideration of a slain man.  Good job.

Facts be damned huh?      Great to jump to assumptions on race of posters when you don't have all the facts or even know.  Its the lefts playbook , so I shouldn't be shocked.

Speaking of facts, I pointed out actions that this guy made which resulted in death.   The 2 officers didn't just show up and immediately use deadly force.  As the levels of resistance increased (caused by him) so did his chance of death.    Why not just comply to start with?
Green Line
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #102 on: July 09, 2016, 02:00:30 AM »

The recent events have a very familiar feeling to them.  It's almost like deja vu.  Just like Michael Brown and freddy Gray, eventually the truth will come out.  It continues to amaze me that we have these media spectacles, where hundreds of people turn out to protest the deaths of criminals who fight the police and threaten the lives of others.  It's a sad reflection on the black community and one that I know is not accurate.

The Minnesota incident looks slightly more murky.  I'd like to remind everyone that alll the information we know is from the girlfriend, and we dont know anything from before the shooting.  There will be an investigation, and if the officer acted criminally, he will face justice.  

What are these protests supposed to accomplish?  We have a justice system.  It works, and it is colorblind.  There is no vast conspiracy among the police to kill black people.  It's just not happening.
MaxQue
Atlas Icon
Canada

« Reply #103 on: July 09, 2016, 02:40:09 AM »

We have a justice system.  It works, and it is colorblind.

The issue isn't the justice system, it's the prosecutors, which sometimes are not color-blind at all (there is wonderful ones, there is dreadful ones).
rob in cal
« Reply #104 on: July 09, 2016, 12:02:48 PM »

If the Minnesota shooting pushed the Dallas shooter over the edge, I wonder if it would have made a difference had he known that the policeman involved wasn't white?  Also, if the media would give more coverage to the many cases of non-blacks being killed by police that might be a useful community service to spread awareness that its not only blacks being killed by police.
Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: 5.29, S: -5.04

« Reply #105 on: July 09, 2016, 05:55:06 PM »

Dallas Police Headquarters is under some sort of lockdown, and SWAT teams have surrounded a parking garage while press are being evacuated.
Fuzzybigfoot
YaBB God
United States

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #106 on: July 09, 2016, 05:57:30 PM »

Dallas Police Headquarters is under some sort of lockdown, and SWAT teams have surrounded a parking garage while press are being evacuated.

Link please? 
Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: 5.29, S: -5.04

« Reply #107 on: July 09, 2016, 06:23:51 PM »

Link please? 
It was on Fox.
Fuzzybigfoot
YaBB God
United States

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #108 on: July 09, 2016, 06:54:39 PM »

Link please? 
It was on Fox.

Here's a link from CBS:

http://dfw.cbslocal.com/2016/07/09/threat-made-on-dallas-police-headquarters-swat-on-scene/
Badger
badger
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #109 on: July 09, 2016, 07:12:49 PM »

So responding to bronz 141 and his grotesquely over racism, and mentally fueled by double bourbon or two after a long long work week, I receive my first moderated Post in over 4 years.

I regret nothing. :-)
Suburbia
bronz4141
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #110 on: July 09, 2016, 08:09:15 PM »

It's a sad day. The Dallas Police are clearly traumatized. I hope President Obama realizes this.
Suburbia
bronz4141
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #111 on: July 09, 2016, 08:14:13 PM »

So responding to bronz 141 and his grotesquely over racism, and mentally fueled by double bourbon or two after a long long work week, I receive my first moderated Post in over 4 years.

I'm sorry.
Suburbia
bronz4141
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #112 on: July 09, 2016, 08:58:21 PM »

The sniper was a member of the Black Panthers. He was a black supremacist. He's involved in the same group that committed those voter intimidation tactics in November 2008 in Philadelphia. What a shame.

http://www.slate.com/blogs/the_slatest/2016/07/08/what_we_know_about_reported_dallas_shooter_micah_xavier_johnson.html
Stand With Israel. Crush Hamas
Ray Goldfield
Junior Chimp

« Reply #113 on: July 09, 2016, 09:07:11 PM »

The NEW Black Panthers. They're a known hate group that has been disavowed by the actual Black Panthers. They're very small, more like the Westboro Baptist Church of black power movements.
Badger
badger
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #114 on: July 09, 2016, 11:14:24 PM »

I'm sorry.

SSorry about the things you said , or that I have no regrets over my response ? genuinely curious .
Beet
Atlas Star

« Reply #115 on: July 10, 2016, 01:34:18 AM »
« Edited: July 10, 2016, 01:40:11 AM by Beet »

The really grim irony is that Dallas' PD seems to be one of the most reform-oriented in the country. Tons of tweets showing them mingling with protestors, reports about mutual respect between them and reformers. Terrible, terrible thing.

Just like the Red Brigades had to kill Aldo Moro, of all DC leaders.

Yeah, just like how the Detroit riots happened under Jerome Cavanaugh, who had a reputation as one of the most progressive and reform minded. Or how the trades unions declared war on the Callaghan government in '78-'79. All of these preceded sudden sharp turns to the right and historic losses to the perpetrating parties that they never recovered from.
Badger
badger
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #116 on: July 10, 2016, 11:14:36 AM »

The NEW Black Panthers. They're a known hate group that has been disavowed by the actual Black Panthers. They're very small, more like the Westboro Baptist Church of black power movements.

They're not quite so minor as Westboro, which is basically a single extended family congregation . according to the SPLC. Spring issue they have about 20 branches nationwide . a bona fide hate group already , if this didn't demonstrate it to the world
Taco Truck 🚚
Schadenfreude
« Reply #117 on: July 10, 2016, 11:44:47 AM »

If the Minnesota shooting pushed the Dallas shooter over the edge, I wonder if it would have made a difference had he known that the policeman involved wasn't white?  Also, if the media would give more coverage to the many cases of non-blacks being killed by police that might be a useful community service to spread awareness that its not only blacks being killed by police.

I'm sure all of that would have "cured" this guy...

You must be logged in to read this quote.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/dallas-police-chief-shooter-seemed-delusional-scrawled-cryptic-messages-in-blood/2016/07/10/bd1c0d96-46a9-11e6-bdb9-701687974517_story.html

What is weird is how people on this forum from both sides of the aisle regularly post statements that have as their basis that African Americans don't have even rudimentary intelligence.  But when something like this happens those same people all pile into the thread and say how using simple logic an insane black man could easily be convinced not to do something like this.  Can't have it both ways guys.
The Dowager Mod
texasgurl
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -9.48, S: -8.57

P P P

« Reply #118 on: July 10, 2016, 09:23:47 PM »

When did Ru Paul become Dallas police chief?
muon2
Moderators
Atlas Icon

« Reply #119 on: July 11, 2016, 07:36:16 PM »

But Here a interesting story that I found during some investigating of the MN shooting .  I am not going to spectate anything further until more facts are present.   BUT...

http://eastsidereviewnews.com/articles/2016/07/05/armed-robbers-hit-lauderdale-convenience-store

There are a couple other factors that may be at play in the Falcon Heights shooting, nothing that excuses any of it, but may provide some insight into the officer's mindset. I grew up near the area of the shooting and frequently bicycled down Larpenteur as a teen and then as a college student going to work. One of my best friends still lives a few blocks from the shooting and shared with me some of her observations about a day after the incident.

Falcon Heights and Lauderdale are two tiny suburbs that contract for police service from St Anthony.

Larpenteur Ave is a main road that crosses through both Lauderdale and Falcon Heights. The police are known to make traffic stops along that stretch of Larpenteur for minor infractions. They target those from outside of those towns, which is of course the vast majority of the vehicles through that area. Needless to say it is a consistent revenue source for those towns.

About 30 hours before the shooting a violent storm passed through the area dropping 4 inches of rain in less than an hour, flooding streets, and wind at 70 mph knocked out power. Emergency services, including police, were up all night and day helping with the weather recovery. Some neighborhoods near the shooting only had power restored a few hours before the shooting.

I don't know how much rest Officer Yanez had in the 36 hours before the shooting, but I can easily imagine a policeman that was fatigued and under stress. I would question why officers weren't told to lighten up on some of the routine stops given the weather-induced chaos of the previous two days.
Meclazine for Israel
Meclazine
Atlas Icon
Australia

« Reply #120 on: July 11, 2016, 10:41:21 PM »
« Edited: July 11, 2016, 10:50:46 PM by Meclazine »

Meanwhile in Chicago:

http://crime.chicagotribune.com/chicago/shootings/

http://edition.cnn.com/2016/07/05/us/chicago-violence-july-4/

Over 2,000 gun related homicides so far this year. For 2015, total year was 3,000.

Up about 33% year on year.

Dont have any stats on the % of perpetrators as a function of race.

But the % of victims as a function of race is 80% Black.

The place is turning into Johannesburg.

DINGO Joe
dingojoe
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #121 on: July 12, 2016, 11:41:45 AM »

Meanwhile in Chicago:

Over 2,000 gun related homicides so far this year. For 2015, total year was 3,000.

That's shootings, not actual homicides.
Taco Truck 🚚
Schadenfreude
« Reply #122 on: July 12, 2016, 12:09:57 PM »

But Here a interesting story that I found during some investigating of the MN shooting .  I am not going to spectate anything further until more facts are present.   BUT...

http://eastsidereviewnews.com/articles/2016/07/05/armed-robbers-hit-lauderdale-convenience-store

There are a couple other factors that may be at play in the Falcon Heights shooting, nothing that excuses any of it, but may provide some insight into the officer's mindset. I grew up near the area of the shooting and frequently bicycled down Larpenteur as a teen and then as a college student going to work. One of my best friends still lives a few blocks from the shooting and shared with me some of her observations about a day after the incident.

Falcon Heights and Lauderdale are two tiny suburbs that contract for police service from St Anthony.

Larpenteur Ave is a main road that crosses through both Lauderdale and Falcon Heights. The police are known to make traffic stops along that stretch of Larpenteur for minor infractions. They target those from outside of those towns, which is of course the vast majority of the vehicles through that area. Needless to say it is a consistent revenue source for those towns.

About 30 hours before the shooting a violent storm passed through the area dropping 4 inches of rain in less than an hour, flooding streets, and wind at 70 mph knocked out power. Emergency services, including police, were up all night and day helping with the weather recovery. Some neighborhoods near the shooting only had power restored a few hours before the shooting.

I don't know how much rest Officer Yanez had in the 36 hours before the shooting, but I can easily imagine a policeman that was fatigued and under stress. I would question why officers weren't told to lighten up on some of the routine stops given the weather-induced chaos of the previous two days.

The weather?!
muon2
Moderators
Atlas Icon

« Reply #123 on: July 12, 2016, 01:30:11 PM »

The weather?!

During floods and widespread power outages first responders often put in a lot of overtime to deal with the situation. The extra work with less rest can increase stress and stress can impair judgment, and I've seen that firsthand. As I said I don't know if it applied to the individual, but it would have applied to the force in general.
Meclazine for Israel
Meclazine
Atlas Icon
Australia

« Reply #124 on: July 12, 2016, 03:34:06 PM »
« Edited: July 12, 2016, 03:46:18 PM by Meclazine »

Meanwhile in Chicago:

That's shootings, not actual homicides.

There is no need to quibble.  You get his point.  "N-ggers are horrible"

I guess my point is that the protesters for BLM are not in Chicago making a stand about the 2,000 odd gun crimes against their people in under 6 months.

2,000 people shot. That is bordering on insanity.

From when I first posted above, these are just the reported shootings in Chicago on that one day:

July 11: Male, 20, in Near West Side
July 11: Male, 24, in Near West Side
July 11: Male, 23, in Near West Side
July 11: Male, 34, in North Lawndale
July 11: Male, 21, in Belmont Cragin
July 11: Female, 19, in South Shore
July 11: Male, 35, in New City
July 11: Male, 23, in Roseland
July 11: Male, 35, in South Lawndale
July 11: Male, 24, in West Englewood
July 11: Male, 29, in West Englewood
July 11: Male, 21, in Austin