SCANDAL in Southeast
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 25, 2024, 11:49:51 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  SCANDAL in Southeast
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6
Author Topic: SCANDAL in Southeast  (Read 5804 times)
Platypus
hughento
Atlas Star
Australia

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: June 18, 2005, 11:29:28 PM »

More to come...anyone want to come forward before being shamefully exposed?
KEmperor
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: 8.00, S: -0.05

« Reply #1 on: June 18, 2005, 11:30:58 PM »
« Edited: June 18, 2005, 11:43:20 PM by AFCJ KEmperor »

More to come...anyone want to come forward before being shamefully exposed?

HAHA, I've already got people complaining to me.  Sigh, wouldn't be an election without a controversy.

Edit:  This will turn into a 10 page bitchfest, just watch.
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #2 on: June 18, 2005, 11:32:34 PM »

People were asked to change their votes, therefore, invalidating them. This has happened before. This was not a trick. I don't get how this is a scandal.
Platypus
hughento
Atlas Star
Australia

« Reply #3 on: June 18, 2005, 11:35:02 PM »

Who were the people who did that, Phil? Who did they ask? And why is it acceptable, in your opinion?
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #4 on: June 18, 2005, 11:36:48 PM »

Another thing - Who is it that is spreading rumors about me tricking voters? Who is saying that I told voters that they're votes would count if they edited them? Would that coward please come forward? Thanks.
Ebowed
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix
E: 4.13, S: 2.09

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #5 on: June 18, 2005, 11:37:25 PM »

This is disgusting, and better yet, it's coming from some of the same people that are usually obsessed with petty details like avatars, post limits, etc.  When you can't find a technical reason to invalidate a vote, tell them to edit the vote instead!
Ebowed
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix

« Reply #6 on: June 18, 2005, 11:38:14 PM »

Another thing - Who is it that is spreading rumors about me tricking voters? Who is saying that I told voters that they're votes would count if they edited them? Would that coward please come forward? Thanks.
Nobody's tricking voters, that I know of.  However, the philosophy of this bunch seems to be "the end justifies the means," whether that involves tricking or not.
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #7 on: June 18, 2005, 11:38:26 PM »

Who were the people who did that, Phil? Who did they ask? And why is it acceptable, in your opinion?

What do you mean who did that and who did they ask? I don't need to answer to you. I know States turned to you so you can, yet again, fight with me but I'm not stooping to that level. What happened was not illegal and not unethical. No one was tricked. Stop trying to make this an issue and stop telling people that I told people that their votes would count.
MHS2002

Political Matrix
E: 0.90, S: 1.57

« Reply #8 on: June 18, 2005, 11:39:15 PM »

I would think no one is being tricked. Everyone on the forum knows full well that if you edit your vote it's not going to be counted.
Platypus
hughento
Atlas Star
Australia

« Reply #9 on: June 18, 2005, 11:39:56 PM »

Do you have any interest in answering the questions? In this thread, nobody has stated that you were responsible for this reprehensible action-were you?

It would be especially awful if you did lie to the people-but surely it wouldn't have been you, the great moralistic crusader against trickery and backroom deals?

Maybe it was somebody else. Surely!
Ebowed
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix

« Reply #10 on: June 18, 2005, 11:40:03 PM »

Not unethical, Phil?  How can you say that telling people to edit their votes just to get them invalidated is ethical?
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #11 on: June 18, 2005, 11:40:11 PM »

I would think no one is being tricked. Everyone on the forum knows full well that if you edit your vote it's not going to be counted.

But they want to make it out to be like that. They want this to be about me tricking voters and that's not the case. I want that coward to come forward.
KEmperor
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: 8.00, S: -0.05

« Reply #12 on: June 18, 2005, 11:40:36 PM »

You would be surprised.  Regardless, nothing illegal has happened.  Morality is another story, but that's not an official issue for me to decide, and I've already voted.
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #13 on: June 18, 2005, 11:41:11 PM »

Not unethical, Phil?  How can you say that telling people to edit their votes just to get them invalidated is ethical?

How is it unethical?
Ebowed
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix

« Reply #14 on: June 18, 2005, 11:42:06 PM »

Maybe it was somebody else. Surely!
Well, Phil wasn't the only one...

How is it unethical?
If you tell people to edit their vote just to get it invalidated, you're basically voting for them, indirectly.  That conflicts with your idea that every person equals one vote (your stance on preferential voting, please?).
Ben Meyers
BenMeyers
United States

Political Matrix
E: 1.94, S: 5.74

« Reply #15 on: June 18, 2005, 11:42:34 PM »

From what I know, some people were indeed asked to edit their votes.  There aren't any incidents of tricking people to edit or anything, at least not to my knowledge.
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #16 on: June 18, 2005, 11:42:53 PM »

Do you have any interest in answering the questions? In this thread, nobody has stated that you were responsible for this reprehensible action-were you?

I am hearing from people that I will be blamed for tricking voters. I don't need to deal with that from people like you and States.

You must be logged in to read this quote.

Roll Eyes  Exactly my point that you and States are behind this, trying to make me the issue. Get a life, pal.

Platypus
hughento
Atlas Star
Australia

« Reply #17 on: June 18, 2005, 11:43:20 PM »

surely, Ebowed, you're nopt accusing Phil of actually doing it, rather then just defending it?
Platypus
hughento
Atlas Star
Australia

« Reply #18 on: June 18, 2005, 11:45:06 PM »

well, if you are responsible for this, Phil, I would be shocked! The great campaigner for right wing morals and accountability, the glorious exposer of the GirlGoneWild scandal-a partisan hack prepared to use tactics of questionable morals to further his agenda? If so, it's a majotr news story, and it centers on you, and if, as Ebowed suggests, you have one, your accomplice...
Ebowed
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix

« Reply #19 on: June 18, 2005, 11:45:22 PM »

Oh, of course not, Hugh.  I didn't mean to imply that!

I am hearing from people that I will be blamed for tricking voters. I don't need to deal with that from people like you and States.
You only talk about tricking, but don't answer to the allegations that people told people to edit their votes.

Roll Eyes  Exactly my point that you and States are behind this, trying to make me the issue. Get a life, pal.
As I said, you aren't the only one.
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #20 on: June 18, 2005, 11:45:31 PM »

But neither Hugh nor States would say that. A number of people encouraged this. I'm still waiting for them to come out and speak on the issue.

That's like saying that voting for some goofy candidate who has no chance is indirectly voting for someone who has a better chance.
Harry
Atlas Superstar
Ukraine

« Reply #21 on: June 18, 2005, 11:46:07 PM »

It's ashame that's it come to this.  Try to get your voters before they vote, not after.  And why are Alcon and Phil so concerned with who we pick as governor?  I've never made any noise over who another region elects as governor, and I've certainly never tried to convince anyone to invalidate their own vote!
12th Doctor
supersoulty
Atlas Star
Ukraine

« Reply #22 on: June 18, 2005, 11:46:11 PM »

I will attest the the fact that I witnessed these shameful events.  I should have said something at the time, but I was too caught up in other things.  For that, I am sorry.  Alcon and Keystone Phil directly plotted to confuse Josh into invalidating his vote.

This had nothing to do with the race, as it would seem I can't win now anyway.  I think it was a shameful act and I am sorry I didn'y say anything sooner.
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #23 on: June 18, 2005, 11:46:32 PM »

well, if you are responsible for this, Phil, I would be shocked! The great campaigner for right wing morals and accountability, the glorious exposer of the GirlGoneWild scandal-a partisan hack prepared to use tactics of questionable morals to further his agenda? If so, it's a majotr news story, and it centers on you, and if, as Ebowed suggests, you have one, your accomplice...

Keep making this about me. You're only hurting your cause.
Gabu
Atlas Star
Canada

Political Matrix
E: -4.32, S: -6.52

« Reply #24 on: June 18, 2005, 11:46:57 PM »

I'm going to have to assume that I missed something while I was away today.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies