When did infrastructure become so popular among Democrats? (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 30, 2024, 12:14:15 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  When did infrastructure become so popular among Democrats? (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: When did infrastructure become so popular among Democrats?  (Read 1697 times)
True Federalist (진정한 연방 주의자)
Ernest
Moderators
Atlas Legend
United States

« on: July 10, 2016, 10:24:46 AM »

There's also the issue that deferred maintenance ends up costing more in the long run, but yet tends to be one of those things axed from transportation budgets in lean years and difficult to get put back in when the money becomes available again in the overall budget.
True Federalist (진정한 연방 주의자)
Ernest
Moderators
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #1 on: July 11, 2016, 03:08:11 AM »

There's a bridge near my house whose westbound lane has been blocked off for ages. It hasn't been usable for at least two years. I'm not even sure what's wrong with it, just that it's blocked off and I've never seen any kind of work being done on it at all. The town installed a traffic light on the remaining lane of the bridge rather than work on fixing it.
As has been pointed out, bridges can be expensive. If existing traffic flows aren't sufficient to justify building a replacement, they may well be doing the smart thing in making optimum use of the one lane while it's still available.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies