Did James Comey abuse his power?
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 01, 2024, 06:02:22 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2016 U.S. Presidential Election
  Did James Comey abuse his power?
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2]
Author Topic: Did James Comey abuse his power?  (Read 3511 times)
The Other Castro
Castro2020
Atlas Icon
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: October 28, 2016, 06:53:25 PM »

Can't believe this guy used to be my neighbor.
swf541

« Reply #26 on: October 28, 2016, 06:53:48 PM »

Yes
Person Man
Angry_Weasel
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #27 on: October 28, 2016, 06:53:57 PM »

Can't believe this guy used to be my neighbor.

I've had worse...by a little.
Ebowed
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix
E: 4.13, S: 2.09

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #28 on: October 28, 2016, 07:11:02 PM »

Comey is acting in bad faith.  Anyone with half a brain can see that Trump is colluding with, or being played by, a foreign dictator.  Instead of focusing on this clear national security risk, he is playing political games with Clinton's emails.  He has tarnished the credibility of the FBI and can no longer be taken seriously on any matters.
Hammy
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #29 on: October 28, 2016, 07:17:42 PM »

I said even then he was corrupt (somewhere, though apparently not in this thread.)
BundouYMB

« Reply #30 on: October 28, 2016, 07:20:52 PM »

Yeah, absolutely.
SirMuxALot

« Reply #31 on: October 28, 2016, 08:01:08 PM »

all the other people who exchanged emails with her must have been "extremely careless" as well, and they should also be examined for using poor judgment

You seriously can't understand the difference in responsibility/culpability between the person who set up the server in the first place and any one else who emailed HRC?

You don't see how it would be hard to indict some other party for "gross negligence" purely on the basis that they should have noticed the unique peculiarity of the domain name in HRC's email address?

Even if you think that the mere uniqueness of her email address should have raised red flags, well then, prime negligent #1 would be the person who was HRC's direct manager.  But I'd bet you don't believe that person should be investigated.
Dr. Arch
Arch
Atlas Icon
Puerto Rico

« Reply #32 on: October 28, 2016, 08:24:02 PM »

Absolutely this time around. I'm really angry about this.
dspNY
United States

« Reply #33 on: October 28, 2016, 08:25:34 PM »

Unquestionably. That kind of investigation has to remain under wraps until the facts are known. He just released a letter without knowing the content of what was investigated
Mike88
Junior Chimp
Portugal

« Reply #34 on: October 28, 2016, 08:30:29 PM »

Yes, yes and yes. And if this is because feuds between FBI offices, he needs to be investigated ASAP. This is intolerable.
Fmr President & Senator Polnut
polnut
Atlas Icon
Australia

Political Matrix
E: -2.71, S: -5.22

« Reply #35 on: October 28, 2016, 08:32:08 PM »

Did he abuse his power? Not sure. Did he f*** up to protect himself? More than likely.
Hammy
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #36 on: October 28, 2016, 08:57:45 PM »

Did he abuse his power? Not sure. Did he f*** up to protect himself? More than likely.

To me, that would still constitute abuse of power.
Crumpets
Thinking Crumpets Crumpet
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -4.06, S: -6.52

« Reply #37 on: October 28, 2016, 09:01:37 PM »

ITT angry white guys complaining everything is rigged against their candidate.
Hammy
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #38 on: October 28, 2016, 09:09:36 PM »

As an aside, is the site loading slowly for anyone else?
Dr. Arch
Arch
Atlas Icon
Puerto Rico

« Reply #39 on: October 28, 2016, 09:11:40 PM »

As an aside, is the site loading slowly for anyone else?

No, it's lagging quite a bit.
Rand
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #40 on: October 28, 2016, 09:12:31 PM »

This whole thing backfired on Comey. When you have people on the left, right, and in the center demanding transparency on this issue, you know you f'd up. When Hillary Clinton and Mike Pence are on the same page about you coming forward as the head of the FBI and providing clarification on a vague, haplessly released letter affecting the US presidential election, you know you f'd up. Once again, the Clintons brilliantly turned the narrative around so most headlines have Comey painted in a bad light, casting doubts on the merits of the FBI rather than Clinton herself.
Fuzzy Bear
Atlas Star
United States

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #41 on: October 28, 2016, 09:30:26 PM »

Interesting perspective. I like that Hillary has rebutted Comey's charges of her being "extremely careless". I like that she stood up for herself. And she addressed something that has been bothering me all along. If Hillary was "extremely careless" in the handling of the emails, then all the other people who exchanged emails with her must have been "extremely careless" as well, and they should also be examined for using poor judgment in sending Hillary "alleged" sensitive documents to her non-government email address. I haven't heard any detractor talk about going after those people for their recklessness and disregard for the "rules".

Why is it just Hillary?

You must be logged in to read this quote.

http://thehill.com/policy/national-security/287066-clinton-refutes-fbi-charge-of-recklessness

As soon as any of those other people run for President and make the case to voters that they're qualified, responsible, and careful enough to be trusted with nuclear codes and top-secret info on a daily basis, those people will be gone after too.

But that doesn't excuse their alleged recklessness and poor judgment in this matter. If these emails were so top secret and classified and important, then all the players in this drama need to be called out along with Hillary, as well as the entire department needs to be examined for allowing this type of situation to occur in the first place.

Sorry but singling out Hillary is simply a witch hunt.

Actually, I completely agree with you here: if the handling of sensitive information is a big deal, it's a big deal across the board. Me, I'd bring charges against anyone who viewed email messages containing classified information who did not have the proper clearance level to do so. Either this is important or it's not; needless to say, I believe it's important...

The singling out of Hillary is somewhat appropriate, given that she's a Presidential nominee of a major party and the election is only 11 days out.

Comey's in an impossible situation.  The blame in this lays squarely with the Democratic Party for clearing the decks to give a candidate under Federal Investigation an open path to the nomination (until Bernie Sanders, a non-Democrat, decided to challenge her for the nomination).  How would it look to John Q. Public (or Suzy Q. Public, for that matter) if during the lame-duck period, Comey had to announce that an investigation into Clinton's e-mail matter was being reopened with an eye toward a criminal referral to DOJ?  The Democratic Party could have prevented this by telling Hillary, "No dice; we're ridin' with Biden." and he'd be creaming Trump right now.  The Democratic Establishment is responsible for this situation, and the whole lot of them need to be run from power by Democrats who have been poorly served by their party officials.
Pages: 1 [2]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies