Did James Comey abuse his power? (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 01, 2024, 08:26:02 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2016 U.S. Presidential Election
  Did James Comey abuse his power? (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Did James Comey abuse his power?  (Read 3485 times)
Hermit For Peace
hermit
Junior Chimp

« on: July 09, 2016, 09:23:46 AM »
« edited: July 09, 2016, 09:27:09 AM by hermit »

Interesting perspective. I like that Hillary has rebutted Comey's charges of her being "extremely careless". I like that she stood up for herself. And she addressed something that has been bothering me all along. If Hillary was "extremely careless" in the handling of the emails, then all the other people who exchanged emails with her must have been "extremely careless" as well, and they should also be examined for using poor judgment in sending Hillary "alleged" sensitive documents to her non-government email address. I haven't heard any detractor talk about going after those people for their recklessness and disregard for the "rules".

Why is it just Hillary?

You must be logged in to read this quote.

http://thehill.com/policy/national-security/287066-clinton-refutes-fbi-charge-of-recklessness
Hermit For Peace
hermit
Junior Chimp

« Reply #1 on: July 09, 2016, 02:12:12 PM »

Just another witch hunt, before the elections this time. But any time is a good time for a witch hunt when it's Hillary.
Hermit For Peace
hermit
Junior Chimp

« Reply #2 on: July 10, 2016, 10:32:04 PM »
« Edited: July 10, 2016, 10:52:32 PM by hermit »

Interesting perspective. I like that Hillary has rebutted Comey's charges of her being "extremely careless". I like that she stood up for herself. And she addressed something that has been bothering me all along. If Hillary was "extremely careless" in the handling of the emails, then all the other people who exchanged emails with her must have been "extremely careless" as well, and they should also be examined for using poor judgment in sending Hillary "alleged" sensitive documents to her non-government email address. I haven't heard any detractor talk about going after those people for their recklessness and disregard for the "rules".

Why is it just Hillary?

http://thehill.com/policy/national-security/287066-clinton-refutes-fbi-charge-of-recklessness

As soon as any of those other people run for President and make the case to voters that they're qualified, responsible, and careful enough to be trusted with nuclear codes and top-secret info on a daily basis, those people will be gone after too.

But that doesn't excuse their alleged recklessness and poor judgment in this matter. If these emails were so top secret and classified and important, then all the players in this drama need to be called out along with Hillary, as well as the entire department needs to be examined for allowing this type of situation to occur in the first place.

Sorry but singling out Hillary is simply a witch hunt.
Hermit For Peace
hermit
Junior Chimp

« Reply #3 on: July 11, 2016, 09:17:55 PM »

Why is it just Hillary?

As soon as any of those other people run for President and make the case to voters that they're qualified, responsible, and careful enough to be trusted with nuclear codes and top-secret info on a daily basis, those people will be gone after too.

But that doesn't excuse their alleged recklessness and poor judgment in this matter. If these emails were so top secret and classified and important, then all the players in this drama need to be called out along with Hillary, as well as the entire department needs to be examined for allowing this type of situation to occur in the first place.

Sorry but singling out Hillary is simply a witch hunt.

Actually, I completely agree with you here: if the handling of sensitive information is a big deal, it's a big deal across the board. Me, I'd bring charges against anyone who viewed email messages containing classified information who did not have the proper clearance level to do so. Either this is important or it's not; needless to say, I believe it's important...

Well there you go. I agree with your agreement of my post. Smiley
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies