Concession Speech
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 19, 2024, 03:00:28 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  Concession Speech
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Concession Speech  (Read 912 times)
MHS2002

Political Matrix
E: 0.90, S: 1.57

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: June 19, 2005, 11:49:36 AM »
« edited: June 19, 2005, 01:12:23 PM by Attorney General MHS2002 »

From the Keystone Phil-MHS2002 Campaign Headquarters, PA-13, Philadelphia, PA

MHS takes the stage. Everyone has gone home, except for the janitors. MHS pleads with building management to keep the electricity on for five more minutes.

Good afternoon, Atlasia.

First off, on behalf of the Keystone Phil-MHS2002 ticket, I would like to officially concede the Presidential race to whoever wins. Whoever that may be, I wish him the best of luck and I know that he will do an excellent job.

Second, I would request that any undecided voters give Supersoulty and WMS a first preference. Both are fine gentlemen, some of the best Atlasia has to offer. Supersoulty has been a tireless supporter of Roosevelt’s “Four Freedoms” while WMS has one of the greatest foreign policy minds on the forum. These two are more than qualified for Atlasia’s highest offices.

I’m sure a lot of people want me to make a statement on what happened last night, so here goes. I firmly believe that what Phil, Alcon, and others did was perfectly legal. However, just because something is legal doesn’t mean it will go without reproach and repercussions. Some people were angered at what happened last night, and that is their right. If the vote changing had affected me, I probably wouldn’t like it either. In fact, I don’t agree with the methods that were used last night. That said, Phil is not a “scum” and he’s not deserving of some of the names he’s been called over the past few hours. Phil is a decent man who did what he thought was right and while I don’t necessarily agree with what he did, I will stand by him and I will continue to stand by him in the future.

For all those that supported us, thank you very much, from the bottom of my heart. Your support means a lot to Phil and I. To those who didn’t, I hope we can earn your vote at some point in the future. To all, God Bless.

MHS pulls out a boombox, plays “Life is a Highway,” and exits the stage. The lights go out soon afterward.
MasterJedi
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #1 on: June 19, 2005, 12:00:10 PM »

It's too bad that Phil had to drop out but vote Harry not Super!!!
PBrunsel
Junior Chimp

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #2 on: June 19, 2005, 12:02:46 PM »

This stinks. Sad

Well you gave it one hell of a try. I'm proud of you guys. Smiley
Sam Spade
SamSpade
Atlas Star

« Reply #3 on: June 19, 2005, 12:44:54 PM »

MHS, you should have been the Prez candidate.  Smiley
Emsworth
Junior Chimp

« Reply #4 on: June 19, 2005, 01:13:55 PM »

You and Phil have run a great campaign, MHS. I'm sure that you would have been an excellent Vice President. Good luck in any races you may enter in the future!
Speed of Sound
LiberalPA
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #5 on: June 19, 2005, 01:29:00 PM »

I find it noble that while disagreeing with his actions, you stood behind Keystonephil. you guys made a great team. Maybe next time you should be on the top of the ticket. Cheesy
Emsworth
Junior Chimp

« Reply #6 on: June 19, 2005, 01:35:33 PM »

Incidentally, might I be so bold as to ask (just out of curiosity) if you still intend to vote?
MHS2002

Political Matrix
E: 0.90, S: 1.57

« Reply #7 on: June 19, 2005, 01:38:39 PM »

Incidentally, might I be so bold as to ask (just out of curiosity) if you still intend to vote?

Yes, I still plan on voting.
CheeseWhiz
YaBB God

« Reply #8 on: June 19, 2005, 01:50:15 PM »

MHS, you should have been the Prez candidate.  Smiley
WMS
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: -3.48, S: -1.22

« Reply #9 on: June 19, 2005, 03:37:01 PM »

Thanks for the kind words for the Super/WMS ticket, MHS! Kiki Sorry things have gotten so messy...
Ebowed
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix
E: 4.13, S: 2.09

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #10 on: June 19, 2005, 05:07:01 PM »

I agree with LiberalPA; this concession speech is very noble and I still have a lot of respect for you.  Good luck if you run for anything else in the future.
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies