Patrick Murphy Thinks He's an Immigrant too.
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 02:12:23 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Congressional Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  Patrick Murphy Thinks He's an Immigrant too.
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2]
Author Topic: Patrick Murphy Thinks He's an Immigrant too.  (Read 1561 times)
Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: 5.29, S: -5.04

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: August 19, 2016, 03:40:56 PM »

If you're not an indian, you're an immigrant.

If your family has lived in the same country for hundreds of years and many generations you are not an immigrant.

The point is that you are here because your ancestors at some point after the 17th century were allowed to come live here. It is hypocritical for any of us to want to deny other people the same opportunity.
This dumb quip needs to die. American Indians are also immigrants, of course. They didn't just cross the Bering Straight for bison and cheap smokes.

I agree that that particular quip is dumb but the overall point is correct.
Not really, the Indians raped the land just as much if not more. I highly recommend reading 1491.
Green Line
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #26 on: August 19, 2016, 04:38:45 PM »

136or142
Adam T
Junior Chimp
« Reply #27 on: August 19, 2016, 04:56:18 PM »

If your family has lived in the same country for hundreds of years and many generations you are not an immigrant.

The point is that you are here because your ancestors at some point after the 17th century were allowed to come live here. It is hypocritical for any of us to want to deny other people the same opportunity.
This dumb quip needs to die. American Indians are also immigrants, of course. They didn't just cross the Bering Straight for bison and cheap smokes.

Not really, the Indians raped the land just as much if not more. I highly recommend reading 1491.

That's mostly the Central and South American natives.
Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: 5.29, S: -5.04

« Reply #28 on: August 19, 2016, 05:39:40 PM »

Quit blaming the Mexicans for America's problems. Not cool, Adam.
136or142
Adam T
Junior Chimp
« Reply #29 on: August 20, 2016, 03:17:00 AM »

Quit blaming the Mexicans for America's problems. Not cool, Adam.

If there were emoticons here, I'd give this a big thumb's up.  Pure comic genius.
Pages: 1 [2]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies