IN-SEN: Bayh reportedly in. (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 07:42:30 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Congressional Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  IN-SEN: Bayh reportedly in. (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: IN-SEN: Bayh reportedly in.  (Read 7458 times)
Chancellor Tanterterg
Mr. X
Moderators
Atlas Star
United States

« on: July 11, 2016, 04:21:03 PM »

@ butthurt Republicans: Of course this bullsh**t, welcome to politics.  Not that your party would ever do something like this if given half a chance Roll Eyes

Anyway, I'll gladly suffer Bayh if it means a Democratic Senate majority.
Chancellor Tanterterg
Mr. X
Moderators
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #1 on: July 11, 2016, 08:18:24 PM »

Republicans are considering doing the same thing with Pence, so fair is fair. Tongue
No, it's not the same thing. Pence may get picked as Trump's running mate, meaning he has to be off the ballot for governor, meaning someone else has to replace him.

^^^

Hill dropped out, meaning he has to be off the ballot for Senator, meaning someone else has to replace him Tongue
Chancellor Tanterterg
Mr. X
Moderators
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #2 on: July 11, 2016, 09:10:38 PM »

Republicans are considering doing the same thing with Pence, so fair is fair. Tongue
No, it's not the same thing. Pence may get picked as Trump's running mate, meaning he has to be off the ballot for governor, meaning someone else has to replace him.

^^^

Hill dropped out, meaning he has to be off the ballot for Senator, meaning someone else has to replace him Tongue

Well, let's not pretend like Hill just dropped out all by himself. There is 100% chance that he was anywhere from nudged to pushed out.

Or he got offered something in exchange, just like Pence Tongue
Chancellor Tanterterg
Mr. X
Moderators
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #3 on: July 11, 2016, 10:14:39 PM »

@ butthurt Republicans: Of course this bullsh**t, welcome to politics.  Not that your party would ever do something like this if given half a chance Roll Eyes

So you have no problem supporting this loser but you won't vote for Hillary because "the party needs to nominate someone who earns my vote?"

Don't get me wrong, I'd support him too for the same reason as much as he sucks, but I can't think in a single way in which he's better than Hillary.

Relevant:
Many times, being an adult means voting for the lesser of two crappy options.

I want him to to win, but I wouldn't vote for him, so there's nothing inconsistent about that.
Chancellor Tanterterg
Mr. X
Moderators
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #4 on: July 11, 2016, 10:32:47 PM »

@ butthurt Republicans: Of course this bullsh**t, welcome to politics.  Not that your party would ever do something like this if given half a chance Roll Eyes

So you have no problem supporting this loser but you won't vote for Hillary because "the party needs to nominate someone who earns my vote?"

Don't get me wrong, I'd support him too for the same reason as much as he sucks, but I can't think in a single way in which he's better than Hillary.

Relevant:
Many times, being an adult means voting for the lesser of two crappy options.

I want him to to win, but I wouldn't vote for him, so there's nothing inconsistent about that.

I honestly can not comprehend why someone would not vote for for whom they want to win. My brain just simply can not process the logic.

I only want him to win because of how bad his opponent is.  However, that doesn't mean Bayh is a candidate worth voting for or has earned my vote.
Chancellor Tanterterg
Mr. X
Moderators
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #5 on: July 12, 2016, 06:42:46 AM »

Wow, if true this becomes gain #3 (along with Illinois and Wisconsin, naturally). Only would need one of Arizona, Florida, New Hampshire, Ohio, or Pennsylvania. Not an automatic, but doable.

I'd rank our possible pick ups as:

1. IL
2. WI
3. IN
4. NH
5. OH
6. AZ
7. FL
Chancellor Tanterterg
Mr. X
Moderators
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #6 on: July 12, 2016, 01:00:34 PM »

When was the last election that all the toss-up and close Senate races didn't go to the winning party? I see Toomey being like Kay Hagen, someone who is leading or close in the polls until the end but gets pulled under by the wave if Trump collapses.
2010 (CO)
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies