IN-SEN: Bayh reportedly in. (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 04:23:05 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Congressional Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  IN-SEN: Bayh reportedly in. (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: IN-SEN: Bayh reportedly in.  (Read 7448 times)
Speed of Sound
LiberalPA
Atlas Icon
United States

« on: August 15, 2016, 11:53:32 PM »

I'm not saying this isn't a smooth idea in theory, but does Bill Maher resonate with Indiana Dems/Centrists? I could almost see moderate/conservative Dems and Indies finding a condemnation from Bill Maher a good thing.
Speed of Sound
LiberalPA
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #1 on: August 16, 2016, 12:22:18 AM »

I'm not saying this isn't a smooth idea in theory, but does Bill Maher resonate with Indiana Dems/Centrists? I could almost see moderate/conservative Dems and Indies finding a condemnation from Bill Maher a good thing.

Its more the message of Bayh fighting for corporations first and people second.
Yeah, I definitely see your point. I just think that often when you use video/audio/quotes of someone in a political ad, usually the messenger is the message.
Speed of Sound
LiberalPA
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #2 on: August 16, 2016, 12:35:55 AM »

Yeah, I definitely see your point. I just think that often when you use video/audio/quotes of someone in a political ad, usually the messenger is the message.

Especially if Maher will undoubtedly condemn the ad on his show and probably all-but-endorse Bayh just to spite Republicans using him in an ad.
Yeah those were easy words for Maher when Bayh was leaving, but now that Bayh plays a key role in retaking Senate, I bet he'll find that a shaky majority is far preferable to a minority hold.
Speed of Sound
LiberalPA
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #3 on: August 16, 2016, 12:51:14 AM »

Especially if Maher will undoubtedly condemn the ad on his show and probably all-but-endorse Bayh just to spite Republicans using him in an ad.
Yeah those were easy words for Maher when Bayh was leaving, but now that Bayh plays a key role in retaking Senate, I bet he'll find that a shaky majority is far preferable to a minority hold.

THat will work with Democrats, but not necessarily with indies and Republicans off put by the notion that Bayh is corrupted by special interests. The key is to hit from all sides and even if Maher does endorse him for the sake of the majority, he cannot exactly recant the substance and that is what matters. Maher will not be the only source for that attack line.
Hmm, yeah that's true. I guess that would be an awkward line to walk. It could scramble the message and unity of the Dem side from within, and that's not a bad plan.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies