IN-SEN: Bayh reportedly in. (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 12:32:47 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Congressional Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  IN-SEN: Bayh reportedly in. (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: IN-SEN: Bayh reportedly in.  (Read 7432 times)
nclib
Atlas Icon
United States

« on: July 11, 2016, 05:58:55 PM »

Wow! Great news! I would place it as Tossup or maybe slight lean R (though lean D if Stutzman had won the primary).

Will anyone else find this ironic if he wins, considering he's succeeding his predecessuccessor Dan Coats who literally did the exact same trick.

And if he loses, anyone else reminded of Nebraska 2012?

I was about to post something like that. Bayh would replace Coats who replaced Bayh who replaced Coats.

I was concerned about a Kerrey/Lingle situation but others have said that's not analogous. Also, Bayh is more moderate than Kerrey, and Indiana is closer to being a swing state than Nebraska or Hawaii.
nclib
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #1 on: July 12, 2016, 06:29:22 PM »

Wow! Great news! I would place it as Tossup or maybe slight lean R (though lean D if Stutzman had won the primary).

Will anyone else find this ironic if he wins, considering he's succeeding his predecessuccessor Dan Coats who literally did the exact same trick.

And if he loses, anyone else reminded of Nebraska 2012?

I was about to post something like that. Bayh would replace Coats who replaced Bayh who replaced Coats.

I was concerned about a Kerrey/Lingle situation but others have said that's not analogous. Also, Bayh is more moderate than Kerrey, and Indiana is closer to being a swing state than Nebraska or Hawaii.

Um, Lingle was the Maverick Republican Hawaiian Governor who ultimately still lost to Mazie Hirono.

It's Deb Fischer you're thinking of, and considering how Mourdock happened in the first place and only lost by 6 points...even if Indiana is swingier than Nebraska, this just isn't something to take for granted.

Things are more polarized than they were even in 2012, and Indiana will go strong for trump.

Um...I know that. I was lumping Kerrey and Lingle together since they both had won elections in their state (dominated by the opposite party) in the past and then lost handily in 2012.
nclib
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #2 on: July 15, 2016, 01:23:06 PM »

Assuming Trump picks Pence and Bayh stays in the Senate, how does Pence for VP affect Bayh's chances?
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies