IN-SEN: Bayh reportedly in. (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 05:16:10 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Congressional Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  IN-SEN: Bayh reportedly in. (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: IN-SEN: Bayh reportedly in.  (Read 7417 times)
tmthforu94
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix
E: -0.26, S: -4.52

P P P
« on: July 11, 2016, 10:18:35 AM »

Definitely makes the race competitive - emphasizes how important it was for Young to win the primary. I'm sure his camp isn't thrilled with this.

Will be a close race, but until polling suggests otherwise, my money is still on Young. I'm curious at what the Democratic internals said to prompt him to run. There is some dirt to hit Bayh on, he just made millions of dollars working as a lobbyist in D.C. Two great candidates, but personally I'll be hoping to retain the Senate majority.
tmthforu94
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #1 on: July 15, 2016, 12:19:05 PM »

To add more drama, there are now some reports that Bayh is interested in running for Governor instead. I imagine Gregg wouldn't want to go quietly - Bayh would be a huge favorite for governor, but Gregg is still in pretty good shape. I doubt this actually happens, though I wouldn't rule anything out at this point.
tmthforu94
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #2 on: August 15, 2016, 07:54:05 PM »

Dan Coats literally dropped in from North Carolina 6 years ago and had no problem to win.
I doubt it's any different this time.

Well, he had that trademark (R) next to his name. No petty residency thing matters if you have that in Indiana.
It was definitely an issue in the 2010 primary, though Stutzman wasn't well known enough to gain the traction to take him down. As I said back then, had Stuztman been given another month to campaign, he would be the incumbent senator right now running for reelection.

Residency was also a big reason for Lugar's (R) loss in 2012. I think your statement is bogus; this has been a bigger issue in the past with Republicans than Democrats. Considering we lost the other senate seat over this issue, I think it is a fair point for Young to bring up.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies