Atlasia Chronicle - Mid-July 2016 Polling
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 18, 2024, 06:42:14 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  Atlasia Chronicle - Mid-July 2016 Polling
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2
Author Topic: Atlasia Chronicle - Mid-July 2016 Polling  (Read 2815 times)
Clyde1998
United Kingdom

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: July 11, 2016, 05:11:58 PM »

The latest Atlasia Chronicle opinion poll is live.

It covers a few issues:
  • Northern Governor/Assembly elections (Northern voters only)
  • Labour primary (12 hypothetical candidates)
  • Federalist primary (12 hypothetical candidates)
  • Leinad vs the 12 hypothetical Labour candidates
  • Blair/Truman/DKrol vs Classic Conservative/Lumine/NC Yankee/PiT
  • A couple of Labour vs Leinad/Lumine President/Vice President races involving Blair, DKrol and Truman
  • Atlasia-UK Common Market (If this is positive again, I will propose a bill in the public submission thread)
  • A few issue questions, examples being abortion and retention of nuclear weapons

The poll can be complete here: http://goo.gl/forms/dmxykvuQfMI9gB5u2

If you have any questions that you want me to ask in the future, or any feedback, feel free to mention them in this thread or you can PM me. Hopefully I've covered every suggestion that people previously had in this poll. Smiley
Unconditional Surrender Truman
Harry S Truman
Atlas Icon

« Reply #1 on: July 11, 2016, 05:20:57 PM »

Atlasia-UK Common Market (If this is positive again, I will propose a bill in the public submission thread)
I support a Common Market agreement with the UK, but shouldn't the State Department handle this.
Clyde1998
United Kingdom

« Reply #2 on: July 11, 2016, 05:29:40 PM »

Atlasia-UK Common Market (If this is positive again, I will propose a bill in the public submission thread)
I support a Common Market agreement with the UK, but shouldn't the State Department handle this.
Would propose something to the State Department, although I think anyone has been appointed as Secretary of State yet (I could be wrong) - so I think suggesting it to the House/Senate would be the best way to progress at this moment of time. Although if there's not a public submission thread at this point, I will probably ask someone to introduce it to be debated, should there be no Secretary of State.

Great Poll!!! Also there technically is no Public Legislation Thread.
Thank you. Smiley
Mike Thick
tedbessell
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: -6.65, S: -8.26

« Reply #3 on: July 11, 2016, 05:30:54 PM »

I will not run for President in October (and fully intend to back President Leinad if he seeks another term), but I'm interested to see how a primary would go. Thanks again, Clyde!
DKrol
dkrolga
YaBB God

« Reply #4 on: July 11, 2016, 05:32:16 PM »

I'd introduce and support a bill on the a Common Market for you, Clyde.

Great poll!
President of the great nation of 🏳️‍⚧️
Peebs
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #5 on: July 11, 2016, 05:39:34 PM »

Nice poll. I for one am honored by speculation of my candidacy. But I won't even consider running until a couple years from now. I'm too much of a lightweight right now. Also, I voted.
SUSAN CRUSHBONE
evergreen
Junior Chimp
Antarctica

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #6 on: July 11, 2016, 05:50:43 PM »

yo if you send me the raw data afterwards, i can work out the preferences for you
Clyde1998
United Kingdom

« Reply #7 on: July 11, 2016, 06:00:08 PM »

I will not run for President in October (and fully intend to back President Leinad if he seeks another term), but I'm interested to see how a primary would go. Thanks again, Clyde!
Thanks. That's okay - I can remove you in future polls in you wish. Smiley

Great poll!
Thank you. I'll hopefully get something written in the next few days and I'll be able to PM you in order to get something introduced quite quickly, so Congress can start debating it. Cheesy

Nice poll. I for one am honored by speculation of my candidacy. But I won't even consider running until a couple years from now. I'm too much of a lightweight right now. Also, I voted.
Thanks. I produced the list of 'potential candidates' based on who is in Federal office, as well as some regional officials. On top of this, I added a few active Labour members in order to have the same number of Labour 'candidates' as the Federalists. I can remove you from the next poll, as well, if you wish. Smiley
Flake
Flo
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #8 on: July 11, 2016, 06:07:20 PM »

That Labor primary preference poll was loooong, but definitely a neat poll! I wonder who's going to lead the Federalist field without Leinad Tongue
Clyde1998
United Kingdom

« Reply #9 on: July 11, 2016, 06:24:03 PM »

yo if you send me the raw data afterwards, i can work out the preferences for you
Hopefully, I'll be able to work out the preferences, as before. Although, if I have any issues I'll certainly send you the data. Cheesy

That Labor primary preference poll was loooong, but definitely a neat poll! I wonder who's going to lead the Federalist field without Leinad Tongue
Yeah. I'm a bit concerned that it's quite long and hard to follow, but hopefully most people are able to get their preferences in correctly. The next poll should have less people (for both parties), as people say that they don't want to be included or they have no plans to run. For the Federalists, I'll work out the race with and without Leinad to see what would happen if he doesn't run. Smiley
Pragmatic Conservative
1184AZ
YaBB God

Political Matrix
E: 3.00, S: -0.41

« Reply #10 on: July 11, 2016, 07:57:58 PM »

Thanks for doing this poll Clyde, just out of interest can you see our answers to the questions in the poll for individual users?
Goldwater
Republitarian
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 1.55, S: -4.52

« Reply #11 on: July 11, 2016, 08:12:46 PM »

FTR, I have no intentions of running against Leinad. Still, very interesting poll. Smiley
Unconditional Surrender Truman
Harry S Truman
Atlas Icon

« Reply #12 on: July 11, 2016, 08:32:34 PM »

Great poll!
Thank you. I'll hopefully get something written in the next few days and I'll be able to PM you
Not to rain on everyone's parade, but again: a common market agreement is definitionally a matter of foreign policy and needs to come through the State Department. Ideally, this would be something that the Secretary of State would negotiate with the UK and then submit to Congress. If Congress wants to make recommendations on the matter, that's fine, but it makes no sense to ratify an agreement when we don't even know if the UK is interested yet.
Prince of Salem
JoMCaR
Peru

« Reply #13 on: July 11, 2016, 11:43:30 PM »

FTR, I have no intentions of running against Leinad. Still, very interesting poll. Smiley
Clyde1998
United Kingdom

« Reply #14 on: July 12, 2016, 04:06:42 PM »
« Edited: July 12, 2016, 04:09:11 PM by Clyde1998 »

Thanks for doing this poll Clyde, just out of interest can you see our answers to the questions in the poll for individual users?
I can see the responses for individual users, which is how I'm able to transfer second preference votes, etc. As always, I only look at the username for checking that no-one has responded twice and that region/party info is correct (so the poll will be weighted correctly) - unless someone has asked specifically about their own response. The data gets put into a Google spreadsheet automatically, but I copy this entire spreadsheet across into an Excel spreadsheet to analyse and weight the results - apart from the first two columns of data (the time-stamp and username, as they are irrelevant to the analysis of the data).

I check the username against party and region like this to avoid seeing for actual questions (this is mine; the deepest purple line at the bottom is the start of the second section):
The world will shine with light in our nightmare
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

Political Matrix
E: -6.32, S: -7.48

P P P

« Reply #15 on: July 12, 2016, 04:09:35 PM »

Clyde, I assume you're not counting Labor votes for the Federalist primary and Federalist votes for the Labor primary, yes?  Both fields were mandatory, so I just last-preferenced all the Federalist candidates. Tongue
Clyde1998
United Kingdom

« Reply #16 on: July 12, 2016, 04:22:01 PM »

Clyde, I assume you're not counting Labor votes for the Federalist primary and Federalist votes for the Labor primary, yes?  Both fields were mandatory, so I just last-preferenced all the Federalist candidates. Tongue
I work out party support and national support for both primaries to see if there's a difference in support within a party than there is nationally for a candidate (which is why both questions were asked to everyone).

If you don't answer the question (so that a first preference can't be identified) that response is purely removed, so it doesn't affect the overall data and is counted as a "Don't Know or Exhausted Ballot" in the final data. Smiley
Clyde1998
United Kingdom

« Reply #17 on: July 13, 2016, 06:00:30 PM »

If these numbers hold up, then the highest polling Labour 'candidate' against Leinad will be a shock to everyone - coming within three points of leading that race (at present). That's on the weighted figures, as well. (It's not me, btw Tongue)

I think the current result is being caused by the lack of responses from 'other' parties in the South and West, so far. So it could easily change quite quickly with responses from these groups.
Kingpoleon
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #18 on: July 13, 2016, 06:06:22 PM »

I think I might know who the "shocking" candidate is.
Leinad
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.03, S: -7.91

« Reply #19 on: July 14, 2016, 02:56:55 AM »

If these numbers hold up, then the highest polling Labour 'candidate' against Leinad will be a shock to everyone

How could you, Clyde? This is like clickbait but you can't even click on it! Tongue
ZuWo
YaBB God
Switzerland

« Reply #20 on: July 14, 2016, 03:15:22 AM »

Great poll overall but when you're forced to decide who'd get your 6th, 7th, 8th etc. reference in a hypothetical Labor primary it starts getting a bit tiresome.
Clyde1998
United Kingdom

« Reply #21 on: July 14, 2016, 08:19:57 AM »

Great poll overall but when you're forced to decide who'd get your 6th, 7th, 8th etc. reference in a hypothetical Labor primary it starts getting a bit tiresome.
Thanks. I understand that - the number of potential candidates will drop in the next poll, which will reduce the number of preferences. In an ideal situation, I would have it so it would list all of the candidates and when the respondent chooses an option, it relists the all of the candidates in the same way without the previously selected choices:
Code: (First Preference)
[x] Candidate 1
[ ] Candidate 2
[ ] Candidate 3
[ ] Don't Know
Code: (Second Preference)
[x] Candidate 2
[ ] Candidate 3
[ ] Don't Know
It'll be clearer and easier to "exhaust the ballot" this way. However, the logic behind this would be massive. I might test this format before the next poll to see how easy it would be to use this method.

If these numbers hold up, then the highest polling Labour 'candidate' against Leinad will be a shock to everyone
How could you, Clyde? This is like clickbait but you can't even click on it! Tongue
Cheesy The gap has widened a little bit since I posted that, however that 'candidate' is still the highest scoring Labour member against you.
NeverAgain
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #22 on: July 14, 2016, 08:48:09 AM »

These 12 Labor Candidates that Crush Leinad... FEDERALISTS HATE US! Number 11 WILL SHOCK YOU!
Mike Thick
tedbessell
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: -6.65, S: -8.26

« Reply #23 on: July 14, 2016, 09:22:50 AM »

These 12 Labor Candidates that Crush Leinad... FEDERALISTS HATE US! Number 11 WILL SHOCK YOU!

Was Far Behind
NOW NOT AS FAR BEHIND

Local Laborite Discovers One Weird Trick To
BOOST SAGGING POLL NUMBERS!

Federalists Hate Him!

Click Here To Learn The Truth!
Blair
Blair2015
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
United Kingdom