So at the upcoming Republican Convention....
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 16, 2024, 03:13:20 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2016 U.S. Presidential Election
  So at the upcoming Republican Convention....
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: So at the upcoming Republican Convention....  (Read 874 times)
I Will Not Be Wrong
outofbox6
YaBB God
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: July 12, 2016, 02:03:39 PM »

If Trump has been been actively trying to damage the Republican Party, this would be his great chance to. This could end up being really hilarious. Imagine him all of a sudden railing against the Republican Party is his big speech.
Wells
MikeWells12
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #1 on: July 12, 2016, 02:07:11 PM »

That's not going to happen. Trump is a Democratic plant, but he's not going to reveal it anytime soon. He could throw some shade in their direction, though. It's going to become even more apparent that he is actively trying to sabotage his campaign as it goes on.
I Will Not Be Wrong
outofbox6
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #2 on: July 12, 2016, 02:59:02 PM »

That's not going to happen. Drumpf is a Democratic plant, but he's not going to reveal it anytime soon. He could throw some shade in their direction, though. It's going to become even more apparent that he is actively trying to sabotage his campaign as it goes on.

lol. Stop with the conspiracy theories already.
Says the guy supporting Trump who believes Bush hid facts on 9/11.
Crumpets
Thinking Crumpets Crumpet
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -4.06, S: -6.52

« Reply #3 on: July 12, 2016, 04:17:21 PM »

That's not going to happen. Trump is a Democratic plant, but he's not going to reveal it anytime soon. He could throw some shade in their direction, though. It's going to become even more apparent that he is actively trying to sabotage his campaign as it goes on.

Can it be a conspiracy theory if only one person is allegedly in on it?
Hermit For Peace
hermit
Junior Chimp

« Reply #4 on: July 12, 2016, 04:46:10 PM »

Here's what I worry about: violence at the convention. With all the violence that has been happening lately, what's going to happen in Cleveland? Considering that violence was occurring at the campaign rallies earlier wherever Trump went, and now with the (pun intended) trumped up energies, is Cleveland safe from violence? I shudder to think about it.
SillyAmerican
United States

« Reply #5 on: July 14, 2016, 01:32:29 AM »

Here's what I worry about: violence at the convention. With all the violence that has been happening lately, what's going to happen in Cleveland? Considering that violence was occurring at the campaign rallies earlier wherever Trump went, and now with the (pun intended) trumped up energies, is Cleveland safe from violence? I shudder to think about it.

Yes. I do not envy the job that the security people have to deal with -- and that's true for both conventions.
ProudModerate2
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #6 on: July 14, 2016, 01:38:58 AM »

That's not going to happen. Drumpf is a Democratic plant, but he's not going to reveal it anytime soon. He could throw some shade in their direction, though. It's going to become even more apparent that he is actively trying to sabotage his campaign as it goes on.

Says the guy supporting Trump who believes Bush hid facts on 9/11.

Says the guy who thinks the nickname Drumpf is funny or relevant anymore.

And I suppose you think "low energy" is still "funny and relevant" ?
Mr. Morden
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #7 on: July 14, 2016, 02:07:02 AM »

Can it be a conspiracy theory if only one person is allegedly in on it?

Not according to Londo Mollari:

"Conspiracies require more than one person."
Dereich
Moderators
YaBB God

« Reply #8 on: July 14, 2016, 09:21:25 AM »

Word on the hill is that lots of the staffers and other normal convention hangers-on aren't going because they're terrified of BLM/snipers/mob violence. Some of the delegates are even talking about not going. Everyone is expecting SOME kind injury.
Wells
MikeWells12
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #9 on: July 14, 2016, 09:40:19 AM »

I actually do think Trump is a plant. It explains how Trump specifically alienated Hispanics in his very first speech (a group which the Republican Party had been trying to reach out to) and received a phone call from Bill Clinton (husband of the Democratic frontrunner) one week before that. Donald Trump was registered as a Democrat for eight years until 2009, and in that time donated to Clinton's Senate campaigns and 2008 presidential run. Clinton is specifically using him as a tool to ruin the Republican Party's credibility and make her presidential run easier. It's Trump's way of donating to her presidential campaign this time around.
Illiniwek
Junior Chimp
Vatican City State

« Reply #10 on: July 14, 2016, 11:28:04 AM »

I actually do think Trump is a plant. It explains how Trump specifically alienated Hispanics in his very first speech (a group which the Republican Party had been trying to reach out to) and received a phone call from Bill Clinton (husband of the Democratic frontrunner) one week before that. Donald Trump was registered as a Democrat for eight years until 2009, and in that time donated to Clinton's Senate campaigns and 2008 presidential run. Clinton is specifically using him as a tool to ruin the Republican Party's credibility and make her presidential run easier. It's Trump's way of donating to her presidential campaign this time around.

I wouldn't want to bet my life on it, but a sizable part of me really believes this too.
Wells
MikeWells12
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #11 on: July 14, 2016, 12:42:48 PM »

I don't think you should make unfounded accusations about either candidate. This forum is for legitimate political discussion and not conspiracy theory rubbish.

Not everything is a conspiracy and if you use Occam's razor you will find that its unlikely Trump is controlled opposition.

Of course. But this is. As for Clinton perverting democracy, that's the fault of GOP primary voters for nominating him. (And it was probably Bill, not Hillary who talked him into it.) I think the GOP establishment got wind of this, too, which is why they so adamantly opposed a candidate who was doing so well with the base.

And just because somebody is bad at campaigning or unelectable doesn't mean they would be bad at being a president. If being electable was the only quality that made a good president, then there would be no bad presidents.
heatcharger
Junior Chimp
Sweden

Political Matrix
E: -1.04, S: -0.24

« Reply #12 on: July 14, 2016, 12:51:12 PM »

I don't think you should make unfounded accusations about either candidate. This forum is for legitimate political discussion and not conspiracy theory rubbish.

Not everything is a conspiracy and if you use Occam's razor you will find that its unlikely Trump is controlled opposition.

Yeah okay, tell that to your candidate who thinks:

Obama was born in Kenya
Bill Ayers wrote Obama's book
Obama never attended Columbia
Obama is aiding ISIS
Obama is a Muslim
Scalia was murdered
Ted Cruz's dad was involved in the JFK assassination
Muslims were cheering in NJ on 9/11

I could go on if you want.
CactusJack
Rookie
United States

« Reply #13 on: July 14, 2016, 12:55:30 PM »

Obama was born in Kenya
Obama is aiding ISIS
Obama is a Muslim
Scalia was murdered

fwiw I'm from NJ, born and raised. Thousands of Muslims were not cheering 9/11...but some were quite jubilant and did a very poor job hiding their joy.

And while Obama was not born in Kenya, nor is he a Muslim, but his sympathy and reverence for the Muslim faith is uncomfortably troubling.

The Trump strategy of floating these things has worked for him politically. That's why he keeps doing it. Until somebody really puts his back to the wall regarding this...he will keep doing this.
ProudModerate2
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #14 on: July 14, 2016, 01:27:21 PM »

Obama was born in Kenya
Obama is aiding ISIS
Obama is a Muslim
Scalia was murdered

fwiw I'm from NJ, born and raised. Thousands of Muslims were not cheering 9/11...but some were quite jubilant and did a very poor job hiding their joy.

And while Obama was not born in Kenya, nor is he a Muslim, but his sympathy and reverence for the Muslim faith is uncomfortably troubling.

The Trump strategy of floating these things has worked for him politically. That's why he keeps doing it. Until somebody really puts his back to the wall regarding this...he will keep doing this.

First of all, trump did not just say "thousands." What trump said was "thousands and thousands" .... a huge, "yuge" number of them.
And that he saw them with his own two eyes. Were there "some" that were "quite jubilant" (as you say) .... I'm sure there was.
I'm sure there were some anti-federal-government white-nationalist that were also "quite jubilant" after Timothy McVeigh and Terry Nichols, bombed the federal building in Oklahoma City in 1995. So what is your point ?
There are crazy nutty people of ALL COLORS and with different religious beliefs. So let's not just make it sound like only one "type" is a threat to society.
I Will Not Be Wrong
outofbox6
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #15 on: July 14, 2016, 07:42:33 PM »

I would love if Trump dropped out and his VP pick became the nominee.
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies