1009 - Tabled (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 01, 2024, 12:57:06 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Government (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  1009 - Tabled (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: 1009 - Tabled  (Read 1224 times)
Santander
Atlas Star
United Kingdom

Political Matrix
E: 4.00, S: 2.61

« on: July 16, 2016, 12:45:09 AM »
« edited: July 16, 2016, 12:48:02 AM by Santander »

For some reason, it didn't occur to me when I initially introduced this bill that it would basically legalize the use of marijuana by implication. The actual point of this bill was to invalidate a ludicrous section of a law passed earlier by the Southern Legislature; I didn't mean for it to go this far.
Please explain how criminal penalties for drug dealers is ludicrous.

More importantly, you reveal your patently unconstitutional intentions when you say that you are introducing federal law specifically to override a section of state law. Under the constitution, matters cannot be simultaneously federal and state matters.
Santander
Atlas Star
United Kingdom

Political Matrix
E: 4.00, S: 2.61

« Reply #1 on: July 16, 2016, 12:56:02 AM »

Under the law passed by the Southern Legislature:

Twenty-one year old shares a pot brownie with twenty year old friend and is, according to the legislature's bill, forced to pay $10,000 and serve a sentence of no less than six months in prison. That pretty much falls under my definition of "ludicrous."

Regarding your second point, I guess I was just joking about my intentions. Or something. Grin
As far as I can see, the only thing ludicrous here is your viewpoints.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies