Clinton support nosedives, Trump 44% Clinton 37% in Rasmussen National Poll
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 01:21:01 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2016 U.S. Presidential General Election Polls
  Clinton support nosedives, Trump 44% Clinton 37% in Rasmussen National Poll
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2
Author Topic: Clinton support nosedives, Trump 44% Clinton 37% in Rasmussen National Poll  (Read 2819 times)
amdcpus
Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: July 14, 2016, 08:01:43 AM »

http://www.rasmussenreports.com/public_content/politics/elections/election_2016/white_house_watch
Joe Biden is your president. Deal with it.
diskymike44

« Reply #1 on: July 14, 2016, 08:18:14 AM »

Can we panic now ?.....
Gass3268
Moderators
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #2 on: July 14, 2016, 08:18:39 AM »

Go home Rassy, you're drunk.
Pandaguineapig
United States

« Reply #3 on: July 14, 2016, 08:24:42 AM »

America will be made great again even if all you low energy losers have to be brought along kicking and screaming
Sir Mohamed
MohamedChalid
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #4 on: July 14, 2016, 08:39:30 AM »

... and then you see the poll is from Rassmussen. Put it in the garbage.
Fusionmunster

« Reply #5 on: July 14, 2016, 08:42:06 AM »

No, because Rasmussen.
Illiniwek
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #6 on: July 14, 2016, 08:49:41 AM »

http://projects.fivethirtyeight.com/pollster-ratings/

Rasmussen: C+....
they don't love you like i love you
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.50, S: -6.67

P P
« Reply #7 on: July 14, 2016, 09:01:14 AM »

LOL
Seriously?
United States

« Reply #8 on: July 14, 2016, 09:11:35 AM »

Rasmussen has been "home" since 2012. He no longer owns the company, but I digress.

This plus the SeeBS/New York Slimes poll shows us that Lying Crooked Hillary! is in trouble for her e-mail server.

There's still time to jump aboard the Trump Train, red and faux-blue avatars...
Wells
MikeWells12
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #9 on: July 14, 2016, 09:17:26 AM »

Rasmussen has been "home" since 2012. He no longer owns the company, but I digress.

This plus the SeeBS/New York Slimes poll shows us that Lying Crooked Hillary! is in trouble for her e-mail server.

I don't know what gave you the idea that a good argument to get people to support your ticket is that a historically bad pollster shows them winning, but I'm going to assume it's the same part of your brain that have you the idea to support Trump yourself.
Fusionmunster

« Reply #10 on: July 14, 2016, 09:19:21 AM »

If they were decent now they should move their poll from behind a paywall. Untill then, Rasmussen is as bad as Gravis and ARG.
jaichind
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix
E: 9.03, S: -5.39

« Reply #11 on: July 14, 2016, 09:33:42 AM »

As a result of this poll 538 nowcast has Trump's chance of winning at 46.1%
Seriously?
United States

« Reply #12 on: July 14, 2016, 09:41:50 AM »

I don't know what gave you the idea that a good argument to get people to support your ticket is that a historically bad pollster shows them winning, but I'm going to assume it's the same part of your brain that have you the idea to support Trump yourself.
Your SeeBS/New York Slimes poll has the race tied after they special sauced the results from D+3.5 to D+6. Do the math on who actually leads.
Beefalow and the Consumer
Beef
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -2.77, S: -8.78

« Reply #13 on: July 14, 2016, 09:46:12 AM »

America will be made great again even if all you low energy losers have to be brought along kicking and screaming

Nope.  Civil disobedience if necessary.  We stand by our Latino and Muslim brothers and sisters, and we will not be bullied by a President Trump.  He'll see just how much "energy" we have.  I will personally cut holes in the wall if one is built.
jaichind
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix
E: 9.03, S: -5.39

« Reply #14 on: July 14, 2016, 09:49:11 AM »

I want to Trump to win; I plan to vote for him in November; I want to believe this poll ...

But I recall Rasmussen's performance in 2012, where they told us that Romney would win on election night. Hence, I remain wary.

I will vote Trump.  I have been getting more enthusiastic about him since the primaries.  I actually he prefer he loses very narrowly which in turn help hold the Senate for GOP.  Then with an economic slowdown between now and 2018 Clinton will face a complete midterm meltdown paving the way for someone from the GOP to win in 2020.  Trump is paving the way for a GOP White polarization victory although he is too controversial to win on his own.   I need him to keep it close.  Looks like he is doing it so far without much of an organization or money.  
DrScholl
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.55, S: -3.30

« Reply #15 on: July 14, 2016, 10:02:26 AM »

How exciting that a white supremacist rapist is leading in a made up poll!

Rasmussen is probably making up numbers like Strategic Vision did. Whatever money Trump is spending he's probably sending to Rasmussen to make the racist appear competitive.
Ebsy
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #16 on: July 14, 2016, 10:11:34 AM »

Your SeeBS/New York Slimes poll has the race tied after they special sauced the results from D+3.5 to D+6. Do the math on who actually leads.
Amazing.
HagridOfTheDeep
Junior Chimp
Canada

Political Matrix
E: -6.19, S: -4.35

« Reply #17 on: July 14, 2016, 10:42:17 AM »

I'm not keen on discounting polls just because. It seems clear that we're basically in a tied-race scenario. Clinton has taken a significant hit since Comey's remarks. Trump could win if the election were today. He will get momentum due to other positive events this month (and Clinton will not get the same momentum because she's not a glittery object to the press and will make a boring VP pick), so we're in for a painful next few weeks that hopefully will not become signs of a new normal for the race.

Scary times, even if Trump isn't ahead by 7.
Xing
xingkerui
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.52, S: -3.91

P P P
« Reply #18 on: July 14, 2016, 11:10:05 AM »

This is Classy Rassy, so take it with a grain of salt. Clinton's numbers have gone down a bit this week, but I'm not going to start panicking unless she's down in the polls in mid-August.
Wells
MikeWells12
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #19 on: July 14, 2016, 11:12:46 AM »

Huh I haven't mentioned that poll at all. And I do admire your expert ability to come up with stupid nicknames for pollsters that give you results you don't like. It almost invalidates your argument.
Holmes
Atlas Icon
Canada

Political Matrix
E: -6.45, S: -5.74

« Reply #20 on: July 14, 2016, 11:16:47 AM »

Ra is trash, lol. But this week was necessary for the Clinton campaign. The email bandaid had to be ripped off and now we can all move along. It's only up for here as it exits people's minds and Trump starts his usual foot in mouth act again.
Kaine for Senate '18
benconstine
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #21 on: July 14, 2016, 12:00:17 PM »

A 7 point lead is outside the margin of error. So Trump is definitely leading.

That's...not at all how things work.
nyquil_man
Rookie

Political Matrix
E: -4.13, S: -2.61

« Reply #22 on: July 14, 2016, 12:25:37 PM »

It's pretty obvious that the e-mail scandal is the most potent weapon against Hillary Clinton. Even without this Rasmussen poll, the numbers show it.

The question now is whether Trump can capitalize on this in a substantial, long-term way, while also persuading voters that he's the more sensible choice. The convention should be our first major indicator.
Fusionmunster

« Reply #23 on: July 14, 2016, 12:50:43 PM »
« Edited: July 14, 2016, 12:52:44 PM by Fusionmunster »

Rassy has been a clear outlier this cycle so far, but the race is close now. I do enjoy how Trump supporters first reaction is to gloat though. Hillary will be ahead by a large margin again soon so I guess they should get to enjoy a lone moment in July after a bad week of news.
Virginiá
Virginia
Administratrix
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.97, S: -5.91

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #24 on: July 14, 2016, 01:06:59 PM »

Seems like July will be kind to Trump, and if he plays it right, he can turn this into the summer of Trump. Now all he has to do is buck his current trend of never playing his cards right. He has a bad habit of squandering political opportunities and inviting controversy, so people should be forgiven if they are skeptical that Trump will benefit long-term.

However, even though I think this poll (Rasmussen in general) is tilted in favor of Republicans/Trump a bit, I think it's clear Trump is at least tied or leading by a little bit at this current point in time.
Pages: [1] 2  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies