SB 2016-009: Freedom to Drink Act (Passed Senate) (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 30, 2024, 10:12:04 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Government (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  SB 2016-009: Freedom to Drink Act (Passed Senate) (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: SB 2016-009: Freedom to Drink Act (Passed Senate)  (Read 1845 times)
Blair
Blair2015
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
United Kingdom

« on: July 14, 2016, 10:05:32 AM »

You must be logged in to read this quote.
Sponsor: Goldwater

72 hours for debate. I invite the author to speak on the bill.
[/quote]

Sorry to speak before the sponsor, but I'd be happy to have a universal drinking age of 18- 16 seems too low, and frankly 21 seems extremely too high. If we want to let this be a regional issue; I think we should have a smaller range of 18-20
Blair
Blair2015
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
United Kingdom

« Reply #1 on: July 14, 2016, 03:44:57 PM »

To be more of  pain I'd support having the federal minimum as 18, and only allow the regions to increase it
Blair
Blair2015
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
United Kingdom

« Reply #2 on: July 20, 2016, 09:51:33 AM »

Nay

I can't support allowing regions to have a drinking age of 16, and hope the House amends this
Blair
Blair2015
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
United Kingdom

« Reply #3 on: July 25, 2016, 12:18:40 PM »

Are     you     all     nuts?

I can picture it now

Thousands of 16 year olds across Atlasia, drunk out of their minds, hangovers in class, unable to walk straight, becoming belligerent and obnoxious, starting fights with teachers and other students, never graduating from high school, spending a lifetime in minimum pay, menial jobs, ending up drinking themselves to a premature death.

Liver disease, slurred speech, disruptions in brain communication pathways, irregular heart beat, stroke, high blood pressure, pancreas disease, cancer of the mouth, weakened immune system.     

And all thanks to our brilliant Senators.

Thank you very much indeed.

I voted nay on this, and raised the same concerns about age. I go to university where everyone can, and does drink. It certainly doesn't raise academic standards Tongue However by the time you're 18 you're mature enough to deal with it- but at 16, not really.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies