SB 2016-009: Freedom to Drink Act (Passed Senate) (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 30, 2024, 06:29:36 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Government (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  SB 2016-009: Freedom to Drink Act (Passed Senate) (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: SB 2016-009: Freedom to Drink Act (Passed Senate)  (Read 1841 times)
Santander
Atlas Star
United Kingdom

Political Matrix
E: 4.00, S: 2.61

« on: July 14, 2016, 04:46:54 PM »
« edited: July 14, 2016, 05:01:26 PM by Santander »

I would be open to that, though I want to hear other people's thoughts first. My main priority is eliminating the federal drinking age of 21, which IMO is inconsistent and unfair when you consider that 18 is old enough to vote, join the military, smoke tobacco, etc.
FTR, many cities/states have smoking ages higher than 18. You also have to be older than 18 to get married without parental consent in some states, to engage in interstate transport, to get advanced class driver's licenses in some states, and to get an airline transport pilot license, just to name a few.

The fact that the voting age is 18 is a compelling argument to lowering the drinking age, but it's well-established that 18 does not immediately open all the doors to adulthood right away, and there are compelling reasons on the other side, too.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies