Trump announces Pence will be his running mate -- discussion thread
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 26, 2024, 11:41:59 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2016 U.S. Presidential Election
  Trump announces Pence will be his running mate -- discussion thread
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10
Author Topic: Trump announces Pence will be his running mate -- discussion thread  (Read 10018 times)
Lincoln Republican
Winfield
Atlas Icon

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #175 on: July 15, 2016, 01:42:54 PM »

Trump/Pence, what could possibly go wrong?
PeteB
Canada

« Reply #176 on: July 15, 2016, 01:45:18 PM »

This would be the only plausible winning slogan for them:

Frozen Sky Ever Why
ShadowOfTheWave
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #177 on: July 15, 2016, 01:48:09 PM »

It was probably reading Ann Coulter's ravings that made him want to change his mind, apparently her book made him anti-immigration.
Erc
Junior Chimp
Slovenia

« Reply #178 on: July 15, 2016, 02:15:58 PM »

Didn't the Trump camp leak earlier in the week that they were going to leak the choice on Thursday?  I really don't buy the false outrage here; either that or Trump has zero control over his operation.

Anyway, hopefully the TP ticket gets a good TP-ing around Halloween.
Holmes
Atlas Icon
Canada

Political Matrix
E: -6.45, S: -5.74

« Reply #179 on: July 15, 2016, 02:28:52 PM »

Didn't the Trump camp leak earlier in the week that they were going to leak the choice on Thursday?  I really don't buy the false outrage here; either that or Trump has zero control over his operation.

Anyway, hopefully the TP ticket gets a good TP-ing around Halloween.

I think this running mate selection got out of control for him with a lot of people in his campaign and family all wanting different things that I think he made a decision and regretted it almost instantly, and used the attack in Nice as his excuse to postpone his decision to see if there was a way to get out of it. Doesn't reflect well on his ability to make choices as President.
Blue3
Starwatcher
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #180 on: July 15, 2016, 03:08:19 PM »

I can't believe Trump picked a social conservative. I thought one good thing about a Trump ticket would be the end of that nonsense. Ugh.

Oh and it's great how he "postponed" it from 11am today, only to announce it at 10:50am today on Twitter.
Lincoln Republican
Winfield
Atlas Icon

« Reply #181 on: July 15, 2016, 03:33:47 PM »

I can't believe Trump picked a social conservative. I thought one good thing about a Trump ticket would be the end of that nonsense. Ugh.

Oh and it's great how he "postponed" it from 11am today, only to announce it at 10:50am today on Twitter.

Reality Check Reality Check

Without a social conservative on the ticket, there would be a revolt from the party base, ending whatever chance Trump had of winning.
Likely Voter
Moderators
Junior Chimp

« Reply #182 on: July 15, 2016, 03:41:04 PM »

Kind of amazing that people in the Trump campaign are already throwing Pence under the bus. It still seems to me that Trump had people he really wanted who didn't want it and then he had others he was OK with who did want it but his family didn't want them and then there were others his campaign/party insiders wanted but he didn't really want, and that whole process is why he was paralyzed into inaction. I wouldn't be surprised if Manafort leaked Pence's pick as a done deal just to force the issue.

I can't wait for the tell all books and the HBO movie about the inside of the Trump campaign. I bet there is a lot of drama, infighting, and intrigue there and the VP process will surely be a highlight.   
Faust
Rookie
« Reply #183 on: July 15, 2016, 04:14:15 PM »

Logo makes sense as Trump will literally be screwing Pence for the rest of the campaign.

Heh

Thomas D
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix
E: -2.84, S: -6.61

« Reply #184 on: July 15, 2016, 04:44:43 PM »

Another international crisis.  Still time for Trump to kick Pence off the ticket.
Attorney General, LGC Speaker, and Former PPT Dwarven Dragon
Dwarven Dragon
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -1.42, S: -0.52

P P P

« Reply #185 on: July 15, 2016, 04:49:09 PM »

If Trump couldn't make a decision, he could have just presented the convention with 3 or 4 choices and let then choose between them. No need to make the choice yourself.
The Other Castro
Castro2020
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #186 on: July 15, 2016, 04:52:08 PM »

Trump could just say Pence revealed that he lied on his birth certificate, and that he was actually born in Ireland or something. It doesn't matter whether Pence calls him out on the obvious lie, Trump is Trump and can just say Pence was lying about lying then. Then Trump has the political cover to drop Dirty Mike and replace him with someone 100% cuck-free.
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #187 on: July 15, 2016, 04:53:28 PM »

If Trump couldn't make a decision, he could have just presented the convention with 3 or 4 choices and let then choose between them. No need to make the choice yourself.

Please don't watch the HoC ever again.

Thanks.
PeteB
Canada

« Reply #188 on: July 15, 2016, 05:25:44 PM »

Pence, you are fired!!!!!

Sorry boss, I screwed up with TPP....and on gay rights..... and in endorsing Cruz....sob! Can you give me another chance?
Rules for me, but not for thee
Dabeav
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix
E: 2.19, S: -5.39

« Reply #189 on: July 15, 2016, 06:04:45 PM »

Mr. Morden
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #190 on: July 15, 2016, 07:10:41 PM »

Mike Pence show theme song:

https://www.buzzfeed.com/andrewkaczynski/listen-to-the-amazing-opening-theme-song-to-mike-pences-radi?utm_term=.jiOGLRdEl#.afz4G5xnl
Wells
MikeWells12
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #191 on: July 15, 2016, 09:02:08 PM »

Here's a compilation of every issue where they differ, per CNN. They disagree on the Muslim ban, attacks on a judge, immigration, gambling, LGBT, Planned Parenthood, trade, and the Iraq War. So pretty much all the issues Trump has highlighted or could have attacked Clinton on.
MK
Mike Keller
United States

« Reply #192 on: July 15, 2016, 09:14:02 PM »

I like the selection somewhat...... it seems like a safe pick.  Heck.. Pence probably would be leading the polls or tied right now as the top ticket.
Figueira
Atlas Icon

« Reply #193 on: July 15, 2016, 11:14:09 PM »

As I said on another site, this is a nice balance between the racist and homophobic wings of the GOP.
Mr. Morden
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #194 on: July 16, 2016, 12:56:16 AM »

Sounds like Trump wanted to pick Christie, and only didn’t because of Christie’s history with the family of Trump’s son-in-law:

http://www.nbcnews.com/politics/2016-election/trump-wavered-pence-pick-after-news-leaked-sources-n610651

You must be logged in to read this quote.

Also from the NYT:

http://www.nytimes.com/2016/07/16/us/politics/mike-pence-donald-trump-vice-president.html?_r=0

Intell
Junior Chimp
Nepal

Political Matrix
E: -6.71, S: -1.24

« Reply #195 on: July 16, 2016, 01:17:28 AM »
« Edited: July 16, 2016, 01:19:32 AM by Intell »

Yuck, Trump picked a VP more corrupt then Hillary Clinton,representative of all that is horrible in the tea party and the republican establishment,an  anti-Worker piece of sh**t with a horrible governor record. I guess, it's time to very unenthusiastically support Clinton.
Attorney General, LGC Speaker, and Former PPT Dwarven Dragon
Dwarven Dragon
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -1.42, S: -0.52

P P P

« Reply #196 on: July 16, 2016, 02:09:29 AM »

On the whole running mate leaking thing, I agree with Trump. Atlas looking at plane records to figure out who's attending what event is one thing. But these "anonymous aides" that leak everything to the media before your "big announcement" just take away all the glamour and suspense of the moment. A shortlist being leaked is fine. But leaking the actual pick shouldn't happen. In fact, if I was running for president, I'd write right into the employment contract that you don't leak who the VP pick is ahead of the actual announcement. While it may be hard to figure out who sneaked over to the media and blurted it out, at least they'd be living in fear, knowing that their termination is likely should their identity be discovered.
MK
Mike Keller
United States

« Reply #197 on: July 16, 2016, 03:51:46 AM »

Sounds like Trump wanted to pick Christie, and only didn’t because of Christie’s history with the family of Trump’s son-in-law:

http://www.nbcnews.com/politics/2016-election/trump-wavered-pence-pick-after-news-leaked-sources-n610651

Also from the NYT:

http://www.nytimes.com/2016/07/16/us/politics/mike-pence-donald-trump-vice-president.html?_r=0

So basically the campaign advisors saved Trump from doing something stupid.  Great, to bad they couldn't keep him from opening his mouth about the Mexican Judge a month ago.   
Ebowed
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix
E: 4.13, S: 2.09

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #198 on: July 16, 2016, 04:13:39 AM »

Well, Racist Trump wants to abolish the EPA, his party platform opposes cohabitation, and his running mate thinks smoking cigarettes is healthy.  This ticket is straight out of the 1940s.
President Johnson
Atlas Star
Germany

Political Matrix
E: -3.23, S: -4.70

« Reply #199 on: July 16, 2016, 05:18:00 AM »

I'm sure he would have picked somebody else without the influence of his children.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies