Spoilers in '92, '96, and '00
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 26, 2024, 10:12:37 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Discussion
  History (Moderator: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee)
  Spoilers in '92, '96, and '00
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Spoilers in '92, '96, and '00  (Read 583 times)
White Trash
Southern Gothic
YaBB God

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: July 14, 2016, 12:29:07 PM »

I always hear that Perot was a major spoiler for Bush in '92 and Dole in '96. This is entirely anecdotal, but everyone I know who voted for Perot nominally votes Democrat. So I'm wondering what the data says about that, and if he really was taking away a disproportionate amount of Republican votes.

Same thing for Nader, did he really pull that many votes away from the Democrats to cost Gore the election?
Mr. Smith
MormDem
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #1 on: July 14, 2016, 06:39:57 PM »

I always hear that Perot was a major spoiler for Bush in '92 and Dole in '96. This is entirely anecdotal, but everyone I know who voted for Perot nominally votes Democrat. So I'm wondering what the data says about that, and if he really was taking away a disproportionate amount of Republican votes.

Same thing for Nader, did he really pull that many votes away from the Democrats to cost Gore the election?

This is a rather stale topic, so no, that's a fallacy used by bitter opposition that lost/got cheated by partisan Floridian hacks.

You could find plenty of topics here that come to the conclusion that Perot polled about even with Bush and Billy C voters in '92, wasn't powerful enough in '96, and Nader also barely made a dent.

White Trash
Southern Gothic
YaBB God

« Reply #2 on: July 15, 2016, 09:02:39 PM »

This is a rather stale topic, so no, that's a fallacy used by bitter opposition that lost/got cheated by partisan Floridian hacks.

You could find plenty of topics here that come to the conclusion that Perot polled about even with Bush and Billy C voters in '92, wasn't powerful enough in '96, and Nader also barely made a dent.

Thanks, was just curious.
Californiadreaming
United States

« Reply #3 on: July 26, 2016, 06:15:11 PM »

538? Yes, of course!
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies