Republican National Convention **live commentary thread**
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 23, 2024, 09:41:46 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2016 U.S. Presidential Election
  Republican National Convention **live commentary thread**
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 9 10 11 [12] 13 14 15 16 17 ... 76
Author Topic: Republican National Convention **live commentary thread**  (Read 98813 times)
Blue3
Starwatcher
Atlas Icon
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #275 on: July 18, 2016, 07:58:56 PM »

I feel sorry for her loss, but this is utterly insane.
Yeah it's shameful, irrational grief, and politicized to the point of absolute disgust.
JerryArkansas
jerryarkansas
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #276 on: July 18, 2016, 07:59:07 PM »

So she has a good explanation for being crazy. Doesn't change the facts.
Facts? Were you in the room when Hillary! told her what she did? Seems like you are calling Mrs. Smith a liar.

Good job, you figured it out. She's a liar.
Doubtful. Mrs. Smith lost her son.

Hillary! and Obama had the election at stake.

Who has more motive to lie here?

How do you explain the other people in the room who say Hillary didn't say what Pat said she did? Cherryl Bennet, mother of Tyrone Woods, said that no video was mentioned.
Gee, is it possible, just possible that these were private conversations between the Smith family and Hillary?

Kate Quigley, Jan Stevens, and Barabara Doherty never heard a video mentioned. What Doherty did remember was that Clinton was "sincere and crying." Why would Clinton only tell Smith that a video was the cause?
She didn't JUST tell Mrs. Smith.

From your own sourcing:

Charles Woods, father of CIA operative Tyrone Woods, told talk show host Glenn Beck on Oct. 25, 2012, that Clinton said to him, "We will make sure that the person who made that film is arrested and prosecuted."

Yet this conflicts with the other four people mentioned above. The two people who do say they remember a video being mentioned have either appeared on conservative radio or conservative television to say something bad about a liberal, even though what they're saying doesn't line up with what everybody else said.
I.E. either four family were bought off by the President and Hillary to lie about there private conversations, or these two are grief stricken and put the blame on someone who had nothing to do with what happened.  And the Latter is obviously the more credible.
Classic Conservative
Junior Chimp

« Reply #277 on: July 18, 2016, 07:59:41 PM »

Siblings of Fast and Furious Victim Brian Terry speaking via video.
ProudModerate2
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #278 on: July 18, 2016, 08:00:25 PM »
« Edited: July 18, 2016, 08:02:28 PM by ProudModerate2 »

Regarding Patricia Smith, I'm sorry for her loss, but I'm not sorry for her. She's exploited her own son's death for political gain, which isn't something that can be easily forgiven.

The Republican Party and trump have exploited the son's death of this woman, for political gain.
trump and Seriously act like they are so torn-up, but really this death is just cannon fodder to them. It provides for a "good story" and that is all they care about.
Very sad.
Indy Texas
independentTX
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.52, S: -3.48

« Reply #279 on: July 18, 2016, 08:00:54 PM »

This entire day has been such a turnoff for any reasonably educated and decent Republican.  Can they try any harder to appeal to the uneducated, xenophobic southern hicks?!  Seriously why the heck is some duck dynasty bum on stage?  He needs to take a shower.

This is what the Republican Party is now. Deal with it.
Chief Justice Keef
etr906
United States

« Reply #280 on: July 18, 2016, 08:01:53 PM »

Yeah it's shameful, irrational grief, and politicized to the point of absolute disgust.

I'm not mad at her, because I can understand why she's grieving. I'm mad at Trump and the GOP trying to use it for political gain.
I Will Not Be Wrong
outofbox6
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #281 on: July 18, 2016, 08:02:31 PM »

I'm not mad at her, because I can understand why she's grieving. I'm mad at Drumpf and the GOP trying to use it for political gain.
Wells
MikeWells12
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #282 on: July 18, 2016, 08:02:53 PM »

So she has a good explanation for being crazy. Doesn't change the facts.
Facts? Were you in the room when Hillary! told her what she did? Seems like you are calling Mrs. Smith a liar.

Good job, you figured it out. She's a liar.
Doubtful. Mrs. Smith lost her son.

Hillary! and Obama had the election at stake.

Who has more motive to lie here?

How do you explain the other people in the room who say Hillary didn't say what Pat said she did? Cherryl Bennet, mother of Tyrone Woods, said that no video was mentioned.
Gee, is it possible, just possible that these were private conversations between the Smith family and Hillary?

Kate Quigley, Jan Stevens, and Barabara Doherty never heard a video mentioned. What Doherty did remember was that Clinton was "sincere and crying." Why would Clinton only tell Smith that a video was the cause?
She didn't JUST tell Mrs. Smith.

From your own sourcing:

Charles Woods, father of CIA operative Tyrone Woods, told talk show host Glenn Beck on Oct. 25, 2012, that Clinton said to him, "We will make sure that the person who made that film is arrested and prosecuted."

Yet this conflicts with the other four people mentioned above. The two people who do say they remember a video being mentioned have either appeared on conservative radio or conservative television to say something bad about a liberal, even though what they're saying doesn't line up with what everybody else said.
You do get the concept of a PRIVATE conversation between one family and Hillary! and remarks to the entire group, right?

I do, but I don't get why Clinton would tell different people different things or lie to some people but not to others.
Horsemask

Political Matrix
E: -1.81, S: -4.87

« Reply #283 on: July 18, 2016, 08:03:10 PM »

That's right That's right That's right That's right That's right That's right That's right That's right That's right That's right That's right That's right That's right That's right That's right That's right That's right That's right That's right That's right That's right That's right That's right That's right That's right That's right That's right That's right That's right That's right That's right That's right That's right That's right That's right
Queen Mum Inks.LWC
Inks.LWC
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: 4.65, S: -2.78

P P

« Reply #284 on: July 18, 2016, 08:08:50 PM »

The theme of tonight at the RNC is fear... this is disgusting. This is how people in a democracy vote in support of tyranny.
The Other Castro
Castro2020
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #285 on: July 18, 2016, 08:11:20 PM »

This is disgusting.
Classic Conservative
Junior Chimp

« Reply #286 on: July 18, 2016, 08:12:24 PM »

I guess some people are scared of the truth.
Dr. Arch
Arch
Atlas Icon
Puerto Rico

« Reply #287 on: July 18, 2016, 08:13:00 PM »

I'm not sure what's happening, but I decided not to keep watching hours ago to maintain my mental health.
The Other Castro
Castro2020
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #288 on: July 18, 2016, 08:13:30 PM »

Some people recognize the depravity in fear tactics like this.
ProudModerate2
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #289 on: July 18, 2016, 08:13:43 PM »

Another nutty woman.
She talks so seriously about losing a loved one to an illegal immigrant, and almost starts to cry.
And then she destroys her entire story, by first saying "Crooked Hillary," then praising trump as her savior, and then chanting "USA, USA" over and over again.
She went from feeling terrible about her loss, and one minute later was smiling and practically jumping up and down.

Chief Justice Keef
etr906
United States

« Reply #290 on: July 18, 2016, 08:14:05 PM »

If Trump gets elected, I can't wait for these delusional right-wing populists to get a massive wake-up call when they realize how little Trump cares about them. Hillary Clinton, even with her Wall Street speeches and big donations from corporations, will do infinitely more for the working class than Trump ever will.
Ebsy
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #291 on: July 18, 2016, 08:14:56 PM »

This is off the rails.
Dr. Arch
Arch
Atlas Icon
Puerto Rico

« Reply #292 on: July 18, 2016, 08:15:00 PM »

Another nutty woman.
She talks so seriously about losing a loved one to an illegal immigrant, and almost starts to cry.
And then she destroys her entire story, by first saying "Crooked Hillary," then praising trump as her savior, and then chanting "USA, USA" over and over again.
She went from feeling terrible about her loss, and one minute later was smiling and practically jumping up and down.

It looks like Trump is applying TrumpU ethics to the convention, which there are none, of course.
ProudModerate2
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #293 on: July 18, 2016, 08:15:09 PM »

Why are all the delegates white ?
I keep looking at camera angles when they focus on them, and all I see is "white people" ?
Seriously?
United States

« Reply #294 on: July 18, 2016, 08:15:14 PM »

The theme of tonight at the RNC is fear... this is disgusting. This is how people in a democracy vote in support of tyranny.
Yeah, because we SHOULDN'T be making a big deal about three people that had no legal right to be here KILLING Americans that belong here.
Brewer
BrewerPaul

Political Matrix
E: -6.90, S: -6.17

« Reply #295 on: July 18, 2016, 08:15:30 PM »

Hopefully this convention helps Americans realize the stakes of this election. This party is unhinged.
Free Bird
TheHawk
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.84, S: -5.48

« Reply #296 on: July 18, 2016, 08:16:19 PM »

Hopefully this convention helps Americans realize the stakes of this election. This party is unhinged.

And your party is about to nominate a criminal
Suburbia
bronz4141
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #297 on: July 18, 2016, 08:16:28 PM »

Both parties are crazy. The Democrats have issues with law enforcement.
ProudModerate2
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #298 on: July 18, 2016, 08:16:48 PM »

This entire day has been such a turnoff for any reasonably educated and decent Republican ....

Yes.
Gass3268
Moderators
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #299 on: July 18, 2016, 08:16:57 PM »

Including the multiple Republican posters (Inks, outofbox6, Brown Line) that are saying tonight is disturbing?
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 9 10 11 [12] 13 14 15 16 17 ... 76  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies