Republican National Convention **live commentary thread**
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 26, 2024, 03:27:43 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2016 U.S. Presidential Election
  Republican National Convention **live commentary thread**
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 15 16 17 [18] 19 20 21 22 23 ... 76
Author Topic: Republican National Convention **live commentary thread**  (Read 98902 times)
Devout Centrist
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -99.99, S: -99.99

P P
Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #425 on: July 18, 2016, 09:59:29 PM »

The convention hall is so empty.
StateBoiler
fe234
YaBB God

« Reply #426 on: July 18, 2016, 09:59:47 PM »

Today I learned you can win an election without any substance or truth as long as you spread enough anger, fear, and hate.

I learned that in the '06 midterms.
Gass3268
Moderators
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #427 on: July 18, 2016, 10:00:08 PM »

It was Rubio's slogan too. Do you really think Rubio is a fascist?

From the way Rubio articulated it, no. From the way it has been articulated tonight, yes.
The world will shine with light in our nightmare
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

Political Matrix
E: -6.32, S: -7.48

P P P

« Reply #428 on: July 18, 2016, 10:00:33 PM »

Flynn is a WASTE.
Devout Centrist
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #429 on: July 18, 2016, 10:00:50 PM »

She speaks with an accent and sounds like an "immigrant."
Why is this Republican arena clapping for Melania ?
Red and faux "Independent"/Blue avatars do not understand: Republicans are NOT anti-immigrant. We are anti-ILLEGAL immigrant. Can you understand the difference?
Your party would like to deport the illegals currently here and have no plan for reforming immigration visas beyond some vague, "skilled workers," promises. In addition, Fonald Trump advocates a closed border.

If that's not anti immigration, then I don't know what is.
Should the law be followed or not? If you come here illegally, should you be allowed to stay if you are caught? You have no right to be here.
A. It's impractical to deport 11 million people.
B. It's much easier to make a path to citizenship for the illegals currently here.
Seriously?
United States

« Reply #430 on: July 18, 2016, 10:01:44 PM »

Red and faux "Independent"/Blue avatars do not understand: Republicans are NOT anti-immigrant. We are anti-ILLEGAL immigrant. Can you understand the difference?
Your party would like to deport the illegals currently here and have no plan for reforming immigration visas beyond some vague, "skilled workers," promises. In addition, Fonald Trump advocates a closed border.

Should the law be followed or not? If you come here illegally, should you be allowed to stay if you are caught? You have no right to be here.
B. It's much easier to make a path to citizenship for the illegals currently here.
I don't prefer "easy" I prefer compliance.
The Other Castro
Castro2020
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #431 on: July 18, 2016, 10:02:37 PM »

Flynn is a BIG FAT MISTAKE.
Gass3268
Moderators
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #432 on: July 18, 2016, 10:02:42 PM »

He's also on Putin's payroll
Kingpoleon
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #433 on: July 18, 2016, 10:03:31 PM »

I'm watching Fox.

Hannity: "Gingrich, this is not your first rodeo convention"

I am pretty sure Sean Hannity is OC's evil twin.
New_Conservative
United States

« Reply #434 on: July 18, 2016, 10:03:51 PM »

What a terrible night for the party, and for America.
Classic Conservative
Junior Chimp

« Reply #435 on: July 18, 2016, 10:03:59 PM »

It's not that hard you round them up and drop them off in Mexico or wherever, if you want to do it fast. We don't need the take the easy route in our country we have to take the hard route.
Suburbia
bronz4141
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #436 on: July 18, 2016, 10:04:02 PM »

Oh piss off. She still lost her son.

No what pisses me off, is not that she is emotional regarding the death of her son in Libya.

What *does* piss me off is that the RNC in an attempt to "slime" Hillary Clinton regarding Libya/Benghazi that there appears to be a completely blind eye when it comes to the death of Americans in Iraq.

I lost a good friend in Iraq, assigned to the Oregon National Guard, who died in combat outside of Taji/Camp Cooke at the hands of a roadside bomb and decisions made by the Bush Administration, not only to go into Iraq, but additionally to use "stop-loss" and not provide uparmored Humvees...

It sickens me that the RNC decided to use this mother's grief to make political points against Hillary Clinton, while not even addressing the real grief that families and friends of those who have fallen in Iraq in order to try to score cheap political points.

If anyone is interested, here is a tribute to my friend from Corvallis/Albany who served his country and died in Iraq, despite his personal reservations about the merits of the mission.

http://thefallen.militarytimes.com/army-spc-eric-s-mckinley/263041

So none of the "chicken-hawks" out there even felt a need to respond to my post, let alone Atlas "Liberal Democrats"....

Sad day for America and the forum when we have multiple pages of discussion regarding a grieving mother who lost a child in Libya, but no interest or even comments regarding the loss of my friend in Iraq.

I tried to answer, but I keep getting knocked-out of the site, or the site keeps locking-up (very busy time).
I wanted to say "sorry for your loss."
But don't feel that people are intentionally ignoring your post, it's just that there are so many posts, that one post after another, gets buried very quickly.

Thank You, Proud Moderate..... very much appreciate your kind comments and response.

My one and only issue is the hypocrisy when it comes to the way in which certain political parties frame military service and patriotism, whereby certain stories are forgotten in two of the largest wars in recent American history ( Iraq & Afghanistan), but yet one political party brings out a grieving mother, while neglecting so many other grieving military families over these past 15 years.

There used to be a time of decency and respect where those that died in the service of our country (Mission right or wrong) were all viewed as heroes and not used as political pawns.

Although I am not from a military family, have four Vietnam era friends, my son-in-law as USMC based out of Camp Pendleton was two weeks away from being deployed to Afghanistan in 2010, but the vaccine injection sent him to the ER into a coma, and he is now on permanent disability as a result.

Reality is that those of military friends and families do need to stick together, and it makes me sick to my stomach when I hear politicians (Of both political parties) claim that they speak and represent how enlisted men and women actually think.

Hopefully, the DNC will actually tell a better story that provides greater honor and respect for those that have served and died in the wars overseas over the past 16 years....

It's because the Democratic Party always attacks the military families and the military in general. ...there's a reason why people view the GOP as "strong on defense".
Devout Centrist
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #437 on: July 18, 2016, 10:04:05 PM »

I don't prefer "easy" I prefer compliance.
Then you see why I can't accept an ideology that moves from pragmatism and comprehensive solutions in favor of blind principled stands that hurt more than help.
HagridOfTheDeep
Junior Chimp
Canada

Political Matrix
E: -6.19, S: -4.35

« Reply #438 on: July 18, 2016, 10:05:27 PM »

This is actually disgusting. Appeals to the worst of humankind.
Rules for me, but not for thee
Dabeav
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix
E: 2.19, S: -5.39

« Reply #439 on: July 18, 2016, 10:05:55 PM »

Good KMFDM track
Gass3268
Moderators
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #440 on: July 18, 2016, 10:06:04 PM »

It's not that hard you round them up and drop them off in Mexico or wherever, if you want to do it fast. We don't need the take the easy route in our country we have to take the hard route.

Wow, just wow!
Pyro
PyroTheFox
Junior Chimp
United States

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #441 on: July 18, 2016, 10:06:11 PM »

I cannot believe this guy is STILL talking
Fargobison

« Reply #442 on: July 18, 2016, 10:06:30 PM »

People actually wanted this guy to be Trump's VP?
Suburbia
bronz4141
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #443 on: July 18, 2016, 10:06:51 PM »

This is actually disgusting. Appeals to the worst of humankind.

Yes, it is disgusting. However, we don't know what we'll see next week at the DNC. Will they attack police officers? We don't know. Both parties are crazy.
Lyin' Steve
SteveMcQueen

« Reply #444 on: July 18, 2016, 10:06:55 PM »

Guys Flynn is fine
Honestly the democrat snark on Atlas is becoming nearly unbearable.  I was hoping Atlas would be better for watching the election than the sites I watched it with in '12 and '08, but it's just the same democrats making hollow, snarky, low-investment comments and lack of real discussion.

Might be leaving this site soon, tbh.  It's pretty disappointing.
#TheShadowyAbyss
TheShadowyAbyss
Atlas Icon
Palestinian Territory, Occupied

Political Matrix
E: -5.81, S: -3.64

« Reply #445 on: July 18, 2016, 10:08:13 PM »

Guys Flynn is fine
Honestly the democrat snark on Atlas is becoming nearly unbearable.  I was hoping Atlas would be better for watching the election than the sites I watched it with in '12 and '08, but it's just the same democrats making hollow, snarky, low-investment comments and lack of real discussion.

Might be leaving this site soon, tbh.  It's pretty disappointing.

Lmao
Gass3268
Moderators
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #446 on: July 18, 2016, 10:08:46 PM »
« Edited: July 18, 2016, 10:10:40 PM by Gass3268 »

So do you think that Joni Ernst got bumped out of primetime because of what the Iowa delegation did earlier today?

Also she is now speaking to an empty audience.

Edu
Ufokart
Junior Chimp
Argentina

« Reply #447 on: July 18, 2016, 10:09:04 PM »

Even coming from a 13 year old, that is moronic.
Rules for me, but not for thee
Dabeav
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix
E: 2.19, S: -5.39

« Reply #448 on: July 18, 2016, 10:09:08 PM »

People actually wanted this guy to be Trump's VP?

He really fits in the Trumpist zeitgeist though, don't you think?
heatcharger
Junior Chimp
Sweden

Political Matrix
E: -1.04, S: -0.24

« Reply #449 on: July 18, 2016, 10:10:37 PM »

Moderate republicans, how do you imagine someone like John Kasich or Jeb Bush actually appealing to all these lunatics? Honestly if you think the GOP will get less insane by 2020 I think you'll be dissapointed.
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 15 16 17 [18] 19 20 21 22 23 ... 76  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies