Republican National Convention **live commentary thread**
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 24, 2024, 07:10:07 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2016 U.S. Presidential Election
  Republican National Convention **live commentary thread**
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 16 17 18 [19] 20 21 22 23 24 ... 76
Author Topic: Republican National Convention **live commentary thread**  (Read 98843 times)
Rules for me, but not for thee
Dabeav
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix
E: 2.19, S: -5.39

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #450 on: July 18, 2016, 10:11:35 PM »

Guys Flynn is fine
Honestly the democrat snark on Atlas is becoming nearly unbearable.  I was hoping Atlas would be better for watching the election than the sites I watched it with in '12 and '08, but it's just the same democrats making hollow, snarky, low-investment comments and lack of real discussion.

Might be leaving this site soon, tbh.  It's pretty disappointing.

There used to be a good balance of all sides on here, but it seems like the left has taken over here as well.
Lyin' Steve
SteveMcQueen

« Reply #451 on: July 18, 2016, 10:12:44 PM »

Joni Ernst looks and sounds like she's practiced this speech in front of a mirror 100 times with a crib sheet of public speaking tips from WikiHow in front of her.
Fargobison

« Reply #452 on: July 18, 2016, 10:12:54 PM »

Guys Flynn is fine
Honestly the democrat snark on Atlas is becoming nearly unbearable.  I was hoping Atlas would be better for watching the election than the sites I watched it with in '12 and '08, but it's just the same democrats making hollow, snarky, low-investment comments and lack of real discussion.

It was terrible and I am not close to being a Democrat. Outside of Rudy it has been a very weak opening to convention to say the least.
#TheShadowyAbyss
TheShadowyAbyss
Atlas Icon
Palestinian Territory, Occupied

Political Matrix
E: -5.81, S: -3.64

« Reply #453 on: July 18, 2016, 10:13:20 PM »

The delegates tried to close the primaries off so that it I more conservative for 2020.
Illiniwek
Junior Chimp
Vatican City State

« Reply #454 on: July 18, 2016, 10:14:23 PM »

Guys Flynn is fine

Lmao

Seeeeeeeee ya, wouldn't wanna be ya!
Seriously?
United States

« Reply #455 on: July 18, 2016, 10:14:56 PM »

So do you think that Joni Ernst got bumped out of primetime because of what the Iowa delegation did earlier today?

Also she is now speaking to an empty audience.
No. This was always the schedule. They were just running a bit late.

Ernst, Beardsley and Zinke were the last three to go.
Classic Conservative
Junior Chimp

« Reply #456 on: July 18, 2016, 10:16:13 PM »

It's not that hard you round them up and drop them off in Mexico or wherever, if you want to do it fast. We don't need the take the easy route in our country we have to take the hard route.

Even coming from a 13 year old, that is moronic.
You know I'm not 13 right.
Gass3268
Moderators
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #457 on: July 18, 2016, 10:17:00 PM »

So do you think that Joni Ernst got bumped out of primetime because of what the Iowa delegation did earlier today?

Also she is now speaking to an empty audience.
No. This was always the schedule. They were just running a bit late.

Ernst, Beardsley and Zinke were the last three to go.

Ah okay, thank you.
ProudModerate2
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #458 on: July 18, 2016, 10:17:14 PM »

Oh piss off. She still lost her son.

No what pisses me off, is not that she is emotional regarding the death of her son in Libya.

What *does* piss me off is that the RNC in an attempt to "slime" Hillary Clinton regarding Libya/Benghazi that there appears to be a completely blind eye when it comes to the death of Americans in Iraq.

I lost a good friend in Iraq, assigned to the Oregon National Guard, who died in combat outside of Taji/Camp Cooke at the hands of a roadside bomb and decisions made by the Bush Administration, not only to go into Iraq, but additionally to use "stop-loss" and not provide uparmored Humvees...

It sickens me that the RNC decided to use this mother's grief to make political points against Hillary Clinton, while not even addressing the real grief that families and friends of those who have fallen in Iraq in order to try to score cheap political points.

If anyone is interested, here is a tribute to my friend from Corvallis/Albany who served his country and died in Iraq, despite his personal reservations about the merits of the mission.

http://thefallen.militarytimes.com/army-spc-eric-s-mckinley/263041

So none of the "chicken-hawks" out there even felt a need to respond to my post, let alone Atlas "Liberal Democrats"....

Sad day for America and the forum when we have multiple pages of discussion regarding a grieving mother who lost a child in Libya, but no interest or even comments regarding the loss of my friend in Iraq.

I tried to answer, but I keep getting knocked-out of the site, or the site keeps locking-up (very busy time).
I wanted to say "sorry for your loss."
But don't feel that people are intentionally ignoring your post, it's just that there are so many posts, that one post after another, gets buried very quickly.

Thank You, Proud Moderate..... very much appreciate your kind comments and response.

My one and only issue is the hypocrisy when it comes to the way in which certain political parties frame military service and patriotism, whereby certain stories are forgotten in two of the largest wars in recent American history ( Iraq & Afghanistan), but yet one political party brings out a grieving mother, while neglecting so many other grieving military families over these past 15 years.

There used to be a time of decency and respect where those that died in the service of our country (Mission right or wrong) were all viewed as heroes and not used as political pawns.

Although I am not from a military family, have four Vietnam era friends, my son-in-law as USMC based out of Camp Pendleton was two weeks away from being deployed to Afghanistan in 2010, but the vaccine injection sent him to the ER into a coma, and he is now on permanent disability as a result.

Reality is that those of military friends and families do need to stick together, and it makes me sick to my stomach when I hear politicians (Of both political parties) claim that they speak and represent how enlisted men and women actually think.

Hopefully, the DNC will actually tell a better story that provides greater honor and respect for those that have served and died in the wars overseas over the past 16 years....

It's because the Democratic Party always attacks the military families and the military in general. ...there's a reason why people view the GOP as "strong on defense".

Oh you are so full of malarkey.
It was trump who has no respect for former troops that have been "captured" (like McCain).
turmp's direct words, not mine.
Sprouts Farmers Market ✘
Sprouts
Atlas Icon
Italy

Political Matrix
E: -4.90, S: 1.74

« Reply #459 on: July 18, 2016, 10:17:30 PM »

Guys Flynn is fine

I completely agree with the sentiment after tonight, but Flynn was a total embarrassment. Might be worse than Pence.
Queen Mum Inks.LWC
Inks.LWC
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: 4.65, S: -2.78

P P

« Reply #460 on: July 18, 2016, 10:18:36 PM »

Moderate republicans, how do you imagine someone like John Kasich or Jeb Bush actually appealing to all these lunatics? Honestly if you think the GOP will get less insane by 2020 I think you'll be dissapointed.

I'm not sure. But we have to keep fighting. It's why I ran for precinct delegate again this year... I can't fix the party from the outside, as much as I may be ashamed of the state of the party today.
Oak Hills
United States

« Reply #461 on: July 18, 2016, 10:20:19 PM »

Why?
Fmr President & Senator Polnut
polnut
Atlas Icon
Australia

Political Matrix
E: -2.71, S: -5.22

« Reply #462 on: July 18, 2016, 10:21:00 PM »

It's not that hard you round them up and drop them off in Mexico or wherever, if you want to do it fast. We don't need the take the easy route in our country we have to take the hard route.

Even coming from a 13 year old, that is moronic.
You know I'm not 13 right.

14?
#TheShadowyAbyss
TheShadowyAbyss
Atlas Icon
Palestinian Territory, Occupied

Political Matrix
E: -5.81, S: -3.64

« Reply #463 on: July 18, 2016, 10:21:20 PM »

Just one day of the RNC sums up why I am no once a Republican. It's turning in a neo-fascist Lilly white cesspool of ignorance
Maxwell
mah519
Atlas Star
Germany

Political Matrix
E: -6.45, S: -6.96

« Reply #464 on: July 18, 2016, 10:21:52 PM »

No what pisses me off, is not that she is emotional regarding the death of her son in Libya.

What *does* piss me off is that the RNC in an attempt to "slime" Hillary Clinton regarding Libya/Benghazi that there appears to be a completely blind eye when it comes to the death of Americans in Iraq.

I lost a good friend in Iraq, assigned to the Oregon National Guard, who died in combat outside of Taji/Camp Cooke at the hands of a roadside bomb and decisions made by the Bush Administration, not only to go into Iraq, but additionally to use "stop-loss" and not provide uparmored Humvees...

It sickens me that the RNC decided to use this mother's grief to make political points against Hillary Clinton, while not even addressing the real grief that families and friends of those who have fallen in Iraq in order to try to score cheap political points.

If anyone is interested, here is a tribute to my friend from Corvallis/Albany who served his country and died in Iraq, despite his personal reservations about the merits of the mission.

So none of the "chicken-hawks" out there even felt a need to respond to my post, let alone Atlas "Liberal Democrats"....

Sad day for America and the forum when we have multiple pages of discussion regarding a grieving mother who lost a child in Libya, but no interest or even comments regarding the loss of my friend in Iraq.

I tried to answer, but I keep getting knocked-out of the site, or the site keeps locking-up (very busy time).
But don't feel that people are intentionally ignoring your post, it's just that there are so many posts, that one post after another, gets buried very quickly.

Thank You, Proud Moderate..... very much appreciate your kind comments and response.

My one and only issue is the hypocrisy when it comes to the way in which certain political parties frame military service and patriotism, whereby certain stories are forgotten in two of the largest wars in recent American history ( Iraq & Afghanistan), but yet one political party brings out a grieving mother, while neglecting so many other grieving military families over these past 15 years.

There used to be a time of decency and respect where those that died in the service of our country (Mission right or wrong) were all viewed as heroes and not used as political pawns.

Although I am not from a military family, have four Vietnam era friends, my son-in-law as USMC based out of Camp Pendleton was two weeks away from being deployed to Afghanistan in 2010, but the vaccine injection sent him to the ER into a coma, and he is now on permanent disability as a result.

Reality is that those of military friends and families do need to stick together, and it makes me sick to my stomach when I hear politicians (Of both political parties) claim that they speak and represent how enlisted men and women actually think.

Hopefully, the DNC will actually tell a better story that provides greater honor and respect for those that have served and died in the wars overseas over the past 16 years....

It's because the Democratic Party always attacks the military families and the military in general. ...there's a reason why people view the GOP as "strong on defense".

Except Democrats actually are the ones who respect the military by valuing the decision to go to war as one that is complicated. Republicans have no fear of jumping into gunfire and use veterans as props.
HagridOfTheDeep
Junior Chimp
Canada

Political Matrix
E: -6.19, S: -4.35

« Reply #465 on: July 18, 2016, 10:23:56 PM »

This is actually disgusting. Appeals to the worst of humankind.

Yes, it is disgusting. However, we don't know what we'll see next week at the DNC. Will they attack police officers? We don't know. Both parties are crazy.

You would have to actually be an idiot to believe the Democrats and the Republicans are on the same level of crazy.
Suburbia
bronz4141
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #466 on: July 18, 2016, 10:25:29 PM »

Oh you are so full of malarkey.
It was trump who has no respect for former troops that have been "captured" (like McCain).
turmp's direct words, not mine.

I'm not a Republican, by the way. I'm a Independent. The Democratic Party next week will have to show the nation that they care about our veterans, our military, and even law enforcement. Right now, they don't, with the comments of President Obama, Ash Carter, and even Hillary Clinton.
This account no longer in use.
cxs018
Junior Chimp

« Reply #467 on: July 18, 2016, 10:27:04 PM »

My god, this guy's voice is higher than mine.
Negusa Nagast 🚀
Nagas
United States

« Reply #468 on: July 18, 2016, 10:27:32 PM »

lol @ the teenagers in this thread who think they know more about criminal law than the fbi. don't let facts pierce your bubble and disarm your biases; that would be so terrible.

re. convention

this is literally a convention of hate: that ~40%< of voters will cast their ballot for trump is a sad sign of how far we have to go as a country
Suburbia
bronz4141
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #469 on: July 18, 2016, 10:27:49 PM »

This is actually disgusting. Appeals to the worst of humankind.

Yes, it is disgusting. However, we don't know what we'll see next week at the DNC. Will they attack police officers? We don't know. Both parties are crazy.

You would have to actually be an idiot to believe the Democrats and the Republicans are on the same level of crazy.

The Democrats are embracing Black Lives Matter. That's pretty crazy. I supported them before, but after what happened the past week, they're looking like a national liability.
NOVA Green
Oregon Progressive
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #470 on: July 18, 2016, 10:27:53 PM »

Am extremely confused... none of my Senators nor any state Reps have ever attacked "military families nor the military in general".

In fact, veterans and families of veterans have gotten the shaft since coming home from Iraq and Afghanistan (Not sure if you are old enough to remember Walter Reed).

I have to assume you are either trolling or to young to remember, but one of the major issue that the Republican Party has had for the past ten years in public polling is that the Democratic Party has consistently polled significantly higher on foreign policy issues than the Republican Party ever since public opinion went deep south on the Iraq war around '06 and '07.

Please post something once you are out of high-school or junior college and we can talk about war and peace in American politics....
This account no longer in use.
cxs018
Junior Chimp

« Reply #471 on: July 18, 2016, 10:29:00 PM »

Why does this guy end every paragraph by mumbling "USA" a couple of times?
Seriously?
United States

« Reply #472 on: July 18, 2016, 10:32:34 PM »

lol @ the teenagers in this thread who think they know more about criminal law than the fbi. don't let facts pierce your bubble and disarm your biases; that would be so terrible.

re. convention

this is literally a convention of hate: that ~40%< of voters will cast their ballot for trump is a sad sign of how far we have to go as a country
Are you sure that you are a Republican?
Suburbia
bronz4141
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #473 on: July 18, 2016, 10:33:23 PM »

Am extremely confused... none of my Senators nor any state Reps have ever attacked "military families nor the military in general".

In fact, veterans and families of veterans have gotten the shaft since coming home from Iraq and Afghanistan (Not sure if you are old enough to remember Walter Reed).

I have to assume you are either trolling or to young to remember, but one of the major issue that the Republican Party has had for the past ten years in public polling is that the Democratic Party has consistently polled significantly higher on foreign policy issues than the Republican Party ever since public opinion went deep south on the Iraq war around '06 and '07.

Please post something once you are out of high-school or junior college and we can talk about war and peace in American politics....

I have to go to bed. We'll discuss this later.
HagridOfTheDeep
Junior Chimp
Canada

Political Matrix
E: -6.19, S: -4.35

« Reply #474 on: July 18, 2016, 10:34:13 PM »

re. convention

Are you sure that you are a Republican?

I know, right? To be a Republican in 2016 you have to be stupid and hapless.
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 16 17 18 [19] 20 21 22 23 24 ... 76  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies